Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

Actually, it's entirely intentional... that free-floating hip is something the YF-30 was designed to do. It can twist at the "waist" in GERWALK as well as in Battroid mode, giving the mecha a greater range of motion. (It's described this way in a couple of very brief articles about the design.)

I'm saying in toy for, especially Bandai toy form, it means ALL of the stability is reliant on how tight those hip joints are. And Bandai hip joints are known to suck and fail, if not come right out of the box already loose.

I actually really dig the legs and torso of this battroid. The pod doesn't really bother me either. I just wish they could do something better with the wings.

I hope Kawamori spends some time coming up with a new way to hinge them before the new TV series.

Shifting gears for a second; can anyone tell if the gunpod this one comes with is the same as the one the YF-29 has? and if it is, can that Gunpod mount on a stock VF-25 in fighter mode?

Edited by anime52k8

I'm saying in toy for, especially Bandai toy form, it means ALL of the stability is reliant on how tight those hip joints are. And Bandai hip joints are known to suck and fail, if not come right out of the box already loose.

Judging by the pics one page back it appears to have a completely different mechanism for the hips, so who knows.

Shifting gears for a second; can anyone tell if the gunpod this one comes with is the same as the one the YF-29 has? and if it is, can that Gunpod mount on a stock VF-25 in fighter mode?

It certainly looks like the same one. I gotta' go try the -29's gun on the -25 now.

Have you guys played a videogame on playstation 1 called einhander? That what I think should be put into macross universe where you have mechanical hand that can take various weapons and use it against whatever enemy you kill that drops the weapon using the arm to grapple the dead guy's gun.

All kinds of things like rockets, miniguns, beam weapons, long range cannons etc can then be used according to whatever is needed. Just let the arm gimmick attach itself to the weapon identify how it is supposed to operate it and then it becomes part of your attacks.

I think the idea of a hacking robot that steals weapons takes over the systems of the enemy and uses it against them is cool. Sort of like a mech that yang newman would invent so he could hijack the controls of things heh

So sad its not on US PSN store. Glad I still have my Hard Copy though.

The central spine looks terribly misaligned in Fighter-Mode. Hopefully the final version has a seamless, more natural flow in this area but probably not. Maybe this is still a prototype and partially mis-transformed so there is still a chance that the final product will look more like the line-art.

Edited by Scyla

Or this is the v1 (remember all the ugly gaps on the v1 VF-25s) and they'll rape us again with a v2 in a year or so.

I'm not sure about the nose section as seen from the side, the canopy just seams to jut up from the forward fuselage in a very non-sleek way. I'm more on the fence now with this one - the aircraft mode is all that I will ever display it in anyways. Just not sure.

Or this is the v1 (remember all the ugly gaps on the v1 VF-25s) and they'll rape us again with a v2 in a year or so.

I'm not sure about the nose section as seen from the side, the canopy just seams to jut up from the forward fuselage in a very non-sleek way. I'm more on the fence now with this one - the aircraft mode is all that I will ever display it in anyways. Just not sure.

I've noticed that too.. really, I don't think this mold does the game model justice. the nose looks off somehow, maybe it's just the awkward angles of the anti-glare panel that's painted on? It just looks overly bulbous.

Also, as far as the way the legs transform, and having to rotate them 180 degrees.. that's one thing I wish Kawamori would drop entirely, as it's a pain in the ass, and I think all of the Frontier valks do it. I'd have to transform a VF-25 to check, but I think that one might be even worse... since you have to flip the crotch plate 180, and then rotate the metal bracket the hips are on another 180, the hips wind up pulling a full 360 around their ball joint.

You can technically avoid all of this, but you have to rotate the lower legs out 90 degrees, and give the valk a crazy yoga-like pose to get the legs to swing around under the armpits without rotating at the hip.

Edited by Chronocidal

You can technically avoid all of this, but you have to rotate the lower legs out 90 degrees, and give the valk a crazy yoga-like pose to get the legs to swing around under the armpits without rotating at the hip.

that's what I do with mine.

The central spine looks terribly misaligned in Fighter-Mode. Hopefully the final version has a seamless, more natural flow in this area but probably not. Maybe this is still a prototype and partially mis-transformed so there is still a chance that the final product will look more like the line-art.

Think it's mis-transformed. The spine needs to be "pulled" back (stretched out) further for the battroid head to fit in snugly and the head lasers to fall into proper place in the recesses.

If the spine is stretched out maximally, the tip of the gun pod will shift further back away from the nose landing gear. Right now, with the images of the display we are getting from Bandai, it seems like there is a danger the wheels of the nose landing gear will collide with the gun pod when it is retracted. If this is not due to a mis-transformation then it would be a glaring design issue on the Bandai's part.