VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

Man Eugimon... a little sensitive to comparisons? The correct answer is:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=34339&st=245

That's the collection display thread.

Whatever dude, there's at least three different '19 threads that you can post your *even though the bandai does everything else poorly, I'm going to drone on and on about the one thing it does right act like it's the only that could possibly matter to anyone* rants.

But go on, now derail this thread with how the hi-metal vf-1 is better because the head sits a fraction of mm lower than on the 1/60.

:rolleyes:

BTW, the sub title for this thread is:

New pics for all colllections macross related

Whatever dude, there's at least three different '19 threads that you can post your *even though the bandai does everything else poorly, I'm going to drone on and on about the one thing it does right act like it's the only that could possibly matter to anyone* rants.

But go on, now derail this thread with how the hi-metal vf-1 is better because the head sits a fraction of mm lower than on the 1/60.

:rolleyes:

Hey, if you wanted to target someone then do it to me, after all, I was the one that brought it up, and in my opinion, I think Bandai did a great job with the VF-19Kai, which is why I didn't get the yamato one, and I don't feel like I lost out at all. If you're not a fan of Bandai then it's pretty ironic that you have VF-27 as your avatar.

Edited by Matrix Soul

Okay okay guys let's get along I changed this thread to include all Macross collections that are produced by various companies Bandai included, since many members have been posting Bandai madeValks in the the old thread, not just yamato I decided to change it up; i.e, the poll that I set up. And so far, few have liked the change. Geez looks like I gotta to be the referee around here. ;)

Let me help bring this back on topic

Yamato-Destroid-8.jpg

Okay Jenius, just where did you get those launching missiles from? HLJ did not have them nor did Ami Ami. Are they Yamato Web exclusives?

Not too long ago I was talking to a friend in Japan and on a whim I asked him if he access to some exclusives I had missed out on. He just so happened to have almost all of them, Gray Q-Rea, Family Mart VF100, and the GBP shooting missiles. So, now I have all of those things :)

I saw one on ebay not too long ago, looks like it's starting to get awfully pricey to come by.

Hey, if you wanted to target someone then do it to me, after all, I was the one that brought it up, and in my opinion, I think Bandai did a great job with the VF-19Kai, which is why I didn't get the yamato one, and I don't feel like I lost out at all. If you're not a fan of Bandai then it's pretty ironic that you have VF-27 as your avatar.

I don't care which one you like. I don't care what you like to do with your toys. I don't care if you like to compare them to tomatoes and deduct points because toys don't grow new toys if you put them in the ground.

My point, you silly little fanboy, is that this is not the thread to do another yamato versus bandai rant and that there are numerous threads which are better suited to your little childish fan wanks.

Why is that such a difficult concept to grasp? :rolleyes:

I don't care which one you like. I don't care what you like to do with your toys. I don't care if you like to compare them to tomatoes and deduct points because toys don't grow new toys if you put them in the ground.

My point, you silly little fanboy, is that this is not the thread to do another yamato versus bandai rant and that there are numerous threads which are better suited to your little childish fan wanks.

Why is that such a difficult concept to grasp? :rolleyes:

Oooooo So apparently we are not allow to have opinions to go with the images that we see, so if that's the case then we should just stick to posting pictures and carry on the discussion of the pictures elsewhere right? you might as well start banning people from the thread who isn't contributing a picture... oh wait, you're not a mod, my bad. :rolleyes:

Anyway, to keep this thread ON TOPIC:

post-12741-0-17896700-1314672842_thumb.jpg

post-12741-0-47751500-1314672851_thumb.jpg

Edited by Matrix Soul

Hey, don't talk back to Eugimon. Respect his argument to keep this thread all about the pictures. Take a break and look at all the pictures he's posted in this thread and you'll start to understand why he cares so much about you polluting this thread with your opinions.

When you're done looking at all of those, here's another one of the GBP Exclusive in action:

Yamato-V2-GBP-Exclusive-3.jpg

Man, I really wished that I had purchased that set, kicking myself now :( the 1/60 GBP has non-removable missile though right? not like the 1/48 GBP.

Me too.

I missed out on a lot of the 1/60's thinking I had more time to buy them, or they'd get reissued (M & M) but never did...

This GBP is just pure awesome.

Makes me sad I missed this one too!

Thanks for the pics!

My newest Valkyrie, a VF-1J with custom colors & markings... Love it!

Had to rearrange the Bookcase again just to squeeze it in.

Ouch!!Hey watch my foot, um... your gunpod is poking in back si.r :D :D Very nice 505thairbourne on aquirring a VF-1J Skull 10 custom. Who did it, and what's the name of the pilot I couldn't see it? It is really impressive and that that you had to work out some space to to get it in.

Hey VF-18S, I just got this one in the other day from MW member Rabidweezil (He has a few other still for sale). When I saw this one my 1st thought was "I must have it" and yes my book case is full, my CM's Roy's are barely on the edge and as you can see I had to remove all the Missile pods from the other VF's. If you see the pics I posted in the Strike a Pose section you 'll really see some "Hey don't fall on me!" shots! :p

He applied Pilot M. Fallyna but I'll probably change that later on to someone different. Luckily my local furniture store is having a back to school sale as I see a new bookcase in my very near future. :D

Hah hah good luck on getting that I know you have the room for it one or two more even I am having trouble with space and no room check this link (Oh you may have to sign in to see it).Collection Display

Here it is my Sound Booster. I must say it is awsome, I did not go to be till around 12:45 AM cause Leno was on, as I was trying to figure out on how to transform and attach to my Fire Valkyrie. First I tried to follow the directions, eveen though they are in Japanese, I tried using the pictures. The first part was getting the hooks out to attack to the Battroid, which kept getting placed back into their sockets no matter how hard I tried to to keep them out. The center hook was the hardest to get out, but rotating the large speaker pods to right position was difficult, as the joint is rather stiff and hard to manuver inti position. I think I spent twenty minutes trying to get that thing in the position I wanted, I kept thinking I had it backwards, which did in the end.

The toughest part of the Sound Booster was the shoulder hooks that are located above the blue cover under the pod which requires a tool to get them out though, I don't understand the need for it, since no one mentioned them. So far into half an hour into midnight I was finaly able to get it; however, getting it attached to the battroid was hard as the hooks kept falling into the frame, and resulted in me almost dropping my Fire Valkyrie but dropping the Sound Booster.I mus say it is sturdy as it fell against my bookshelf and didn't break, so I'll give them some props for making a sturdy accessory. So far it comes with two attachments, one for posing the Booster on a stand and one for the Fighter mode of the Valkyrie. Though I'd becarefull when attaching the flight stand attachment it is a doozy getting it off.

VF-19KaiSoundBooster7.jpg

VF-19KaiSoundBooster8.jpg

VF-19KaiSoundBooster9.jpg

VF-19KaiSoundBooster10.jpg

VF-19KaiSoundBooster11.jpg

VF-19KaiSoundBooster12.jpg

VF-19KaiSoundBooster13.jpg

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

• 2 weeks later...

It has been awile since I have posted anything since getting the Sound Booster. Got two new figures in last week and today. Though Rapier came in several weeks late cause the guy in Japan sent it by registered mail instead of EMS Like the other guy in Japan did. Of course I got them through Ebay of course.

After finishing up on taking photos of the first figurine I finally decided to transform my Fire Valk back to Fighter Mode to place the sound booster on it in Figher Mode, after spending several weeks on it in Battriod Mode. And of course I forgotten on how to transform it back, see what happens when you get busy with your life and work. And so here are the results, and yes I am going blow up my own thread with the shots, cause I when overboard and took thwenty plus photos for this.

102_1403.jpg

102_1411.jpg

102_1413.jpg

102_1414.jpg

102_1415.jpg

102_1416.jpg

102_1417.jpg

102_1418.jpg

102_1419.jpg

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

102_1421.jpg

102_1422.jpg

102_1425.jpg

102_1426.jpg

102_1431.jpg

102_1435.jpg

102_1436.jpg

I had to hold this up for this shot because the added weight of the sound booster made it impossible for the mighty block stand to keep the VF-19 up.

102_1446.jpg

102_1447.jpg

102_1448.jpg

102_1468.jpg

102_1470.jpg

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

looking good. greats pics!

Why thank you, you are the first to respond. And no that's not sarchasim there, that's just me being surprised. I was beginning to think I need to find a new way to take pictures of my collection, maybe out of my room once in a while. with the sudden lack of response in this thread, and the sounds of crickets.^_^

Edited by VF-18S Hornet