I'm liking Delta 01. :wub:

Ci8dBjqUoAArzQ3.jpg

But but but my cabinets are nearly full, where am I going to be able to put all these gorgeous valks???

Seriously though, Mirage is coming close to being my fave, thise pics make her valk look so good!!

I think we need a new wallet destruction gif. One where a group of valks launches a volley of missiles and destroys multiple wallets.

Nah. HIKARU is just enough to wreck our wallet. I know he did. ;)

Anyways, sharing here my new shooting wallet GIF. Retiring the SDF-1 now. :lol:

Again, we have been WARNED!

Hikaru-Shooting-Wallet-by-NO3LJM-500px_z

Edited by no3ljm

LOL nice one noel, your gifs are mesmerising :D

I liked the way the wallet shot back too :D

Thanks Seti! ;) Though I'm wondering which of my GIF is mesmerizing? :rolleyes: The SDF-1 blasting a wallet? The new Hikaru shooting wallet? Or the one who's doing 'Jumping Jacks'? :lol:

The Wallet had no chance! :p

That's Hikaru, sir! B)) ;)

Thanks Seti! ;) Though I'm wondering which of my GIF is mesmerizing? :rolleyes: The SDF-1 blasting a wallet? The new Hikaru shooting wallet? Or the one who's doing 'Jumping Jacks'? :lol:

From swaying minmay to makimaki, they are all mesmerising :lol: I spent a good few minutes more in these forums just looking at your gifs :lol: ....

Guest davidwhangchoi

delta 04 looking good :wub:

Wow, based on these pictures I think I like MIrage's Valk colors the best of all of them.

Mirage's story arc is really pulling me in. I love the angle they are taking with her, doubting herself, struggling to be what the world expects from a Jenius Meltran. I didn't care for the Delta 04 color scheme initially, but I'm almost ready to switch my eventual pre-order to from the 31A to hers.

As much as I pefer Hayate over previous male protagonists in Macross and other series, I can't get over that bright shade of blue.

Nice to see more people coming around to the "Delta 04" team. :)

I MUST have 04 mirage and 31A. 02 would be a nice bonus if i can get a preorder in.

somehow mirage purplish-red starts to grow on me...and where are the 31A's Bandai?

Yes!

#TeamMirage

#Delta 04

It's amazing how being just a few shades darker than before, has everyone liking Mirage's colors so much more.

oh i have to get Mirage by default being a Jenius and all. Her colors on the Dx are so nice when you can see it in comparison to the others. Not to say the others are bad, but hers just "pop" more for me.

*edit

and 03 is looking nicer than I'd imagine also.

Edited by Negotiator

The soft white lighting of the showroom also makes the white, snow white! :p

I must say the white belly of these valks are quite fetching in contrast with the colored topsides. B))

However i do hope colors dont run much coming near to release dates. And yes, i do realise this aint arcadia! :lol:

I admit I am conflicted. I am not willing to afford a large assortment of anything. I originally thought I'd get the Sv-262Hs and VF-31J to get the two ace rivals. There is an allure to Mirage's VF-31C though. The color is one reason, but also.. I have a 1/48 VF-1J Max and it might be cool to have two family VFs (even though I've never gotten any of the Millia figures).

There is also the obvious fact that Mirage is likely my favorite hero character so far. I only wanted Messer to display against Keith's VF (which I will get either way), but while I don't hate him, I'm not a big fan of Messer either.

Back during the Frontier days it was easier. I was a college student, I couldn't afford DX VFs... I got a model kit and an older Yamato on discount. Now... I have money... I finally understand the danger of this hobby.

I admit I am conflicted. I am not willing to afford a large assortment of anything. I originally thought I'd get the Sv-262Hs and VF-31J to get the two ace rivals. There is an allure to Mirage's VF-31C though. The color is one reason, but also.. I have a 1/48 VF-1J Max and it might be cool to have two family VFs (even though I've never gotten any of the Millia figures).

There is also the obvious fact that Mirage is likely my favorite hero character so far. I only wanted Messer to display against Keith's VF (which I will get either way), but while I don't hate him, I'm not a big fan of Messer either.

Back during the Frontier days it was easier. I was a college student, I couldn't afford DX VFs... I got a model kit and an older Yamato on discount. Now... I have money... I finally understand the danger of this hobby.

It's very dangerous. I thought I had quit after yamato's v1 1/60. I was satisfied with what I had until my brother got me a ver.2 vf-1a.. It was all downhill from there and haven't stopped collecting newer valks. I'll help you. Mirage sucks! Waste of money, it will probably have exploding plastic and paint will scratch off easily. Backwards tampoo prints. missing parts.... Nobody should preorder Mirage. ^_^

*snip*

You too have been WARNED!

Hikaru-Shooting-Wallet-by-NO3LJM-500px_z

Does anyone wish the main wings were angled down a bit? When I first saw it, I thought it might have a slight X-Wing type look that I thought would be cool. Instead, it is more like a VF-19 with huge fins at the top. I'm still liking it, but I thought a slight X-Wing vibe could be really cool and different for a valk. Feels like a missed opportunity.

Based on the Mecha Colle kits, the wings ARE slanted downward by default, though only the slightest bit. The anime has them doing all sorts of gymnastics, though, so you can probably achieve an X-Wing/TIE Interceptor look on the toy pretty easily.

realistically how competitive will these preorders be (for the more popular fighters like mirage, messer, hayate)

will this be like early amiibo where theyre gone in 10 seconds? or hopefully a little more grace period?

realistically how competitive will these preorders be (for the more popular fighters like mirage, messer, hayate)

will this be like early amiibo where theyre gone in 10 seconds? or hopefully a little more grace period?

The problem is that amiibos got more re-issues, as far as I know Valks only have one re-issue or two. So is going to be a pain I remember when I tried to get a YF-30 PO and was gone in a period a some minutes with me not being able to get one. I hope that Bandai produce more units for the Delta Valks, than what they produce of Frontier Valks.

Based on the Mecha Colle kits, the wings ARE slanted downward by default, though only the slightest bit

Most modern fighter jets with "straight" wings actually are angled downwards by 1 degree or so. I know the F-15 is, I suspect the F-16/18 may do the same. (it's to make them ever so slightly unstable in roll)

Most modern fighter jets with "straight" wings actually are angled downwards by 1 degree or so. I know the F-15 is, I suspect the F-16/18 may do the same. (it's to make them ever so slightly unstable in roll)

The official term is anhedral tilt of the wings, which reduces stability but adds to maneuverability which is ideal for fighters (and is in fact something Mirage points out in mission 3). I work on F-16s in the USAF, the main wings are pretty straight (they might have a very slight tilt like David says, 1 degree is hard to see up close) but the elevators have a far more noticeable anhedral angle.

The opposite of this is dihedral which just means upward tilt of course which provides extra stability by forcing the plane to not tilt over. It basically makes it really hard to roll and it as a result preferable for large planes (which the AF calls heavies).

The official term is anhedral tilt of the wings, which reduces stability but adds to maneuverability which is ideal for fighters (and is in fact something Mirage points out in mission 3). I work on F-16s in the USAF, the main wings are pretty straight (they might have a very slight tilt like David says, 1 degree is hard to see up close) but the elevators have a far more noticeable anhedral angle.

The opposite of this is dihedral which just means upward tilt of course which provides extra stability by forcing the plane to not tilt over. It basically makes it really hard to roll and it as a result preferable for large planes (which the AF calls heavies).

Except that the C-5 and C-17 have anhedral wings, but thats cos they have high mounted wings.

Several Russian airliners (Tu-154 and Tu-114) have anhedral on low mounted wings which is a little odd.

Except that the C-5 and C-17 have anhedral wings, but thats cos they have high mounted wings.

Several Russian airliners (Tu-154 and Tu-114) have anhedral on low mounted wings which is a little odd.

That's true, and wing mounting does play a role too.. most dihedral wings are base mounted such as commercial airliners. Fighters are small enough that the mounting does little to affect it as much as how the wing is tilted.

I really should have remembered that.. considering I just flew on a C-17, and will again shortly.

The problem is that amiibos got more re-issues, as far as I know Valks only have one re-issue or two. So is going to be a pain I remember when I tried to get a YF-30 PO and was gone in a period a some minutes with me not being able to get one. I hope that Bandai produce more units for the Delta Valks, than what they produce of Frontier Valks.

great i enjoy living at my computer

Starting to almost enjoy the gifs as much as I do the pics of the DX Valkyries. Those are great Noel! :lol:

Hopefully Bandai will have larger production runs for Delta Valks, something tells me they will - but who knows.

-b.

Brilliant Noel! Excellent production value too!

Thank you sir! Had fun creating it. There's will be more for sure. ;)

Those Macross wallet gifs. :p

:rolleyes:

Hahaha! I love that gif, nice work Noel! :D

Thanks Saburo! Stay tune for new ones. ;)

Starting to almost enjoy the gifs as much as I do the pics of the DX Valkyries. Those are great Noel! :lol:

Hopefully Bandai will have larger production runs for Delta Valks, something tells me they will - but who knows.

-b.

Thanks B! ;)

Let's just hope that all will be Tamashii Web Exclusives so that it's not so hard to PO everything. :lol:

Yes!

#TeamMirage

#Delta 04

#TeamMirage :wub:

-b.

I hope you are right, I need them all... :D

Thank you sir! Had fun creating it. There's will be more for sure. ;)

:rolleyes:

Thanks Saburo! Stay tune for new ones. ;)

Thanks B! ;)

Let's just hope that all will be Tamashii Web Exclusives so that it's not so hard to PO everything. :lol:

You still have to make one for a gif for the Buykure!

Now wouldn't that be something, all the Delta Valks as Tamashii Web Exclusives but then we'd be at the mercy of sellers like NY... That in itself might be troublesome.

I can't stop staring at your avatar Noel.

Edited by Saburo