What's lying on your workbench? MKII

TSP

Awesome set of viper here.

Kremmen, I'm really eager to see more of your WIP in a near futur. Good luck with this.

Thanks Cain. Big storms here the last couple of nights so I stayed away from the shed, but I got a little done tonight. Hope to finish up the fuselage plug rough shaping tomorrow and post a couple of pics. I love your avatar! Is that the FX model or the Argonauts kit? Or CG?

PetarB your MkVII is damned nice too. I'm just in awe of you guys, I can't do a decent small-scale paint job to save my life.

Neptunesurvey, your Phalanx is dead sexy. I have the old IP 1/72 IP kits of the others, but must get a Moscato Phalanx some time soon...

Edited by Kremmen

Thanks Cain. Big storms here the last couple of nights so I stayed away from the shed, but I got a little done tonight. Hope to finish up the fuselage plug rough shaping tomorrow and post a couple of pics. I love your avatar! Is that the FX model or the Argonauts kit? Or CG?

My avatar is actually a screen cap from the movie. I just love robocain. ^_^

The vipers look great (though I don't watch the show). The destroids look great all together and in better lighting Neptunesurvey. - MT

Ayup, Robocop II is kickarse bit of design!

Here's a pic or two of my Viper fuse roughed out in foam. The X-wing is a 1/24 SS job for scale comparison. I need to surface these bits then mould them up, so that's all from me for a while.

post-7502-1216565368_thumb.jpg

post-7502-1216565457_thumb.jpg

post-7502-1216565644_thumb.jpg

Built another one of those knockoff 1/170 "Super Space-Time Models" this weekend - the Battroid VF-1S:

Battroid1Sbuiltup.jpg

There's no Jolly Roger on him because there wasn't one included in the stickers. I decided to just leave it as-is, since this is supposed to be part of my Valkyrie knockoff collection anyway.

They're so cheap, molded in their base color, and have paper decals, that they make for a couple of hours of guiltless old-school 1980s Macross model building fun! No puttying, sanding or primer-coating - nope. A couple of colors of paint (mostly water-washup types), followed by a quick touch up with grey & black Gundam panel line markers, and a sharp X-acto knife to cut out genuine sticky paper decals - and this is the result! Seriously, since they're the size of a gaming miniature and because they look positively prehistoric compared to modern stuff, there's really only so much you have to do to make them look as nice as they're going to get! I remember trying to build these little b4st4rds "back in the day", and trying to get a decent coat of white over that weird greenish white plastic Arii always cast them in.

I even have my old factory module to put them in!

Here in vintage 1/170 Armored Factory:

VF1S1_170Factory.jpg

VF-1A knockoff kit in the same Factory:

VF1A1_170Factory.jpg

A couple of fun hours reliving my childhood with these guys. I've got a fighter & a GERWALK on the way.

Edited by AcroRay

Bandai's 1/100 VF-2SS SAP. Trying to make it so the SAP will be removable.

I will put up a how to like the Bandai VF-17 modification last year.

That would be super :) I've been figuring out how to make it removable with my own kit and gave up.

Ayup, Robocop II is kickarse bit of design!

Yep; Cain kickass. here are a couple of pictures of my Robocop II figure: ^_^

323248001_d4f883dde7.jpg

323523378_f80d05c5b7_o.jpg

Here's a little something I was tinkering with a couple years ago; was thinking about dusting it off. Not Macross-related unfortunately.

Whoa!!!Cap, this figure is awesome, I love it, I want one!!!

Where can I buy it?

Geez I'm a grendizer fan since my childhood. My first anime , back in the early 80's. B))

This figure is just soooooo cool.

Here is something I am still working on. It is the 1/5000 Macross SDF-1 TV version from a Robotech kit made by IMAI. The Daedalus and Prometheus are not attached. This is more or less the configuration seen sitting on Ataria Island before it was launched. ^_^

I will add these and more into the photo gallery.

post-7534-1217133979_thumb.jpegpost-7534-1217133995_thumb.jpeg

post-7534-1217134007_thumb.jpegpost-7534-1217134016_thumb.jpeg

The SDF looks nice and clean! Great job! I've got to find all the parts for mine and build it, someday. - MT

There's always that 1/200 scale one to go with Your Daedalus

Here is something I am still working on. It is the 1/5000 Macross SDF-1 TV version from a Robotech kit made by IMAI.

VERY nice. The aztec patterning is really excellent!

WOW! absolutely amazing, I'm always astonished by your stuff, it seems you're taking a break from tanks lately huh? :lol:

Nah I think its quite posible he has made at least one of every tank kit avaiable.

There are gonna be shops out there that will refuse to sell him tank kits. "oh no its him again, tell him we are outta stock !!"

Crosspost from my other thread: Spent a couple of hours this past weekend building another of those knockoff Super Space-Time Models 1/170 kits. The project was the Gerwalk VF-1J! Molded in gray, cut-them-yerself paper stickers, snap-tite construction!

Hanging with knockoff Sempai, old-school heroes!

OldSchoolHeroes.jpg

The loader looks great! I'm trying to figure out what the happy face on the loader's side does :lol: . Talk about throwing in "random details" to surfaces. I thought the Star Wars models had some crazy stuff put on them. - MT