Hi guys! As promised, I am putting forth the final pitch to gauge interest in a 1/48 Mospeada Legioss soldier mode (hereinafter referred to as Buster: Henshin Robo) resin model to accompany the Crabb army which I made a little while ago. I would also make all three head variations: Blue, Green and Red to allow for more versatility in the collection. Kit would be free-pose type (build it in the desired pose only) although certain joints will allow for minimal re-posing.

Decals and markings: I will do the artwork, which I will then offer as open-source so that you can download and print as you see fit. This is going to be quite a bit more of an undertaking than most of my previous models, simply by virtue of its geometric complexity so you'd be looking at a $292 Canadian price-point (about $222 US) plus shipping. I would need a minimum of 30 orders to get the ball rolling so ask yourselves: is Buster right for YOU?

John, may be you could send a PM to members who showed interest in the previous Legioss thread...

May be the Legioss is not in my top ten, but I really feel that I can't have a complete Inbit collection and don't have a Legioss to join them.

Guys, let make this happen!!

Edited by cool8or

In for 2, possibly 4, as we get closer to the payment deadline depending on "fun money" budgeting I'll be able to confirm if I can commit to the extra two. When you say you'll make the different head options, will that be a one per kit choice or will you be kitting them with the three head options included for the builder?

Edited by Ghadrack

Does this mean you can build it in fighter mode?

It will very much be an Armored Soldier kit, but based on the overall proportions of the 1/32 model. That being said, the proportions will allow a more astute modeler (with some scratchbuilding skills) to make a fighter if they so desire. It will NOT be transformable.

Edited by captain america

Figured I'd post a couple of pics of the venerable 1/32 compared to some of the more "classic" Legioss offerings. I was asked why I felt that the market needed yet another 1/48 Legioss, as there were already many offerings available from Imai, Aoshima, CM, Gakken, etc. I will just post comparison pics and let you decide for yourself.

The Toynami MPC is essentially a revised Imai sculpt with improvements over its predecessor.

post-632-0-55494000-1439252698_thumb.png

post-632-0-96510400-1439252740_thumb.png

post-632-0-47729600-1439252775_thumb.png

It will very much be an Armored Soldier kit, but based on the overall proportions of the 1/32 model. That being said, the proportions will allow a more astute modeler (with some scratchbuilding skills) to make a fighter if they so desire. It will NOT be transformable.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Good to hear. :)

When would payment be required?

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Good to hear. :)

When would payment be required?

There would be a deposit when I'm ready to start and balance due prior to shipping as with my previous project. There are already 20 down of the 30 needed, so it depends on how quickly I can fill the remaining slots. I reckon that there are still quite a few people on vacation and possibly not checking the site regularly.

I'll leave the thread going until the 28th. If by that time it hasn't hit 30 I'll call it a day.

How many are there now? Would you consider leaving it up for another few weeks past the 28th? Perhaps you can ask EXO to post this thread on MW facebook and twitter. Might generate some more interest.