The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Thanks for the review, GU-11. Hasbro loves Bumblebee. ;)

The light piping effect has always been a draw for me. I wish Has/Tak would take advantage of it more often.

My pleasure, Technoblue. For once, I'm actually glad to see Bee on the shelves because everything else except the Dinobots was crap.

I enjoy light piping on my figs too, but Hasbro has to stop neutering them. It's practically the worst of both worlds where the back half of the head is clear, but the eyes are painted over. So, if you're OCD like me, you end up having to either trying to remove the paint from the eyes, or try to find the closest color to the "helmet" and paint up the back of his head.

better pics

Space Brick doesn't look so much like a Space Brick anymore in these new photos. But as cool as he looks, I've absolutely no nostalgic attachment to the Japanese TF cartoons. And I know he won't be cheap.

Plus, I don't really like his colors. He might look really cool to my eyes in gray, but I'll probably like it a lot less when it's colored up.

Its also the hilt for the sword if I recall correctly, still doesn't make it look any less kibbly.

Like I says...dat robit has a nosecone on its shoulder! :lol:

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the new MP Seeker mold at all. It may be good for robot mode but bad for jet mode...but it's TF.

Edited by xrentonx

I think MP-03 has a pretty good jet mode. It is sitting on my top shelf at the moment and I always look at the underside of the toy from my desk. ^_^ I think MP-11 has a terrible jet mode due to the way the feet/thrusters are designed. I don't really understand why they felt the need to change that are (since I don't have the toy in hand) because the main caveat of MP-03 are the Kawamori approved hip-kibble and not the feet. It is true that he never had a solid stance but I don't see why they had to change it.

The tail fins on both toys are way to big in robot-mode and I think it would've looked better if you where able to rotate them 90° like on the classics version of the seeker.

Different topic: are there any images available of TakaraTomys version of Jet/Skyfire? Or even a release date?

Saw this "review" of the new MP book that's coming out.

No, I still think it was a big waste of money. There's barely anything in this book you haven't already seen right here on this website.

Anything that MIGHT be interesting, like sketches, pre-production prototypes, etc, are printed as tiny small pictures you can barely see. 90% of the book is stock photography we've already seen on the toys' packaging and amazon listings.

There's so little of value here...it's a huge rip-off. For $10-15 it would be something nice to flip through, but for $30, calling it the "OFFICIAL" Masterpiece Guide, it's just an insulting waste of money.

(oh....and what's the point of owning the book if the only interesting stuff comes from a translation you got on a website? You still can't actually READ the useful information if you can't read Japanese!!)

Gonna cancel mine.

thats a shield.

Yeah, Gundam sent me the same memo :p

Joking aside, I do like StarSaber, but my wallet unfortunately doesn't. I have to admit, I am condensing my collection to only Star Wars, Macross and mostly "car" TF masterpieces. At this point I don't know if i want to continue collecting the generations/classics/henkei/reveal the shield series. I am on the fence with the new Jet/skyfire. I honestly don't know what to do...

i have already sold and gifted all of my [bay]movie related transformers, and Neon genesis Eva figures.

What do you think about the alternator/binaltech series? I have so many of them, and several of them are still boxed. I will definitely keep my Subarus[smokescreen/silver streak etc] since I love them, but I don't know about the rest... While i adore the real interiors, i am not in love with most of their bot modes...

Edited by vlenhoff

Yeah, Gundam sent me the same memo :p

Joking aside, I do like StarSaber, but my wallet unfortunately doesn't. I have to admit, I am condensing my collection to only Star Wars, Macross and mostly "car" TF masterpieces. At this point I don't know if i want to continue collecting the generations/classics/henkei/reveal the shield series. I am on the fence with the new Jet/skyfire. I honestly don't know what to do...

i have already sold and gifted all of my [bay]movie related transformers, and Neon genesis Eva figures.

What do you think about the alternator/binaltech series? I have so many of them, and several of them are still boxed. I will definitely keep my Subarus[smokescreen/silver streak etc] since I love them, but I don't know about the rest... While i adore the real interiors, i am not in love with most of their bot modes...

My collection of Transformers consists only of specific characters that I collect throughout the lines. For example I have a Nemesis Prime/Black Convoy/Scourge from most of the toy lines ranging from the new Legend one to MP-10B. The only exception are Masterpiece toys where I collect every mold because that are the definitive versions of the characters from my childhood. However sometimes there is an exception say for cool toys like the new Leader Class Skyfire.

This way I can see some of the engineering that went into a toy line and still doesn't have thousands of small sized Transformers that litter my display cabinets. :)

MP-3 is superior to MP-11 in pretty much everyway.

I've seen nothing but frothing over the new MP SpaceBrick, but has anyone looked at the MP-11 legs?

Bricks!

Kawamori did it right, sometimes perfect animation robot, is a fool hearted attempt.

Really wish they had designed a real new mold for MP-11 and not just the old preKawamori proto from MP-03. They got rid of the Kawamori side skirts but the new stability of the MP-11 legs SUCKS. That toy needs the ankle tilts. The transformation by today standarts is very simple.

Guest davidwhangchoi

lol kawamori's starcream...

green/purple prime on your tv? did you put a magnet on your screen B)) i did that and my parents almost killed me. lol

Edited by davidwhangchoi

My collection of Transformers consists only of specific characters that I collect throughout the lines. For example I have a Nemesis Prime/Black Convoy/Scourge from most of the toy lines ranging from the new Legend one to MP-10B. The only exception are Masterpiece toys where I collect every mold because that are the definitive versions of the characters from my childhood. However sometimes there is an exception say for cool toys like the new Leader Class Skyfire.

This way I can see some of the engineering that went into a toy line and still doesn't have thousands of small sized Transformers that litter my display cabinets. :)

Ha, I do have some singles from other series, like Prime: Wheeljack, and Rathet. From Animated: Jazz, and Blurr.

I am on the fence with skyfire....