The Macross Quarter. DX Chogokin

Off topic, but I never got the feeling that the Global was the last of the Macross Class. If anything, I got the impression from Frontier that many might have been produced for purposes other than colonization.

Graham

exactly my thought.

SDF-2 Megaroad (Original) became Megaroad-1

SDF-2 Megaroad (Second attempt at an SDF-2) was the SDF(N?)-2. I read that somewhere, though I don't remember where.

SDF-3 is unnamed, as far as I know.

SDF-4 Global was the last one, last time I checked. I read it, I believe, on the Compendium... May have changed since then, what with Chronicles.

There's nothing like that on the Macross Compendium

Off topic, but I never got the feeling that the Global was the last of the Macross Class. If anything, I got the impression from Frontier that many might have been produced for purposes other than colonization.

I agree, I don't get the impression it's the last either. The fact that they listed the Global as the fourth and not just the third seems to give weight to the idea that more Macross ships exist.

Quick question, the Quarter will be transformable right? So it will have cruiser mode -> gerwalk mode? -> storm attacker mode? :huh:

Hopefully it will be, especially considering it will probably be an expensive toy!! We'll know in a few more days!! B))

I never got the N in SDFN, but I think it's got something to do with Navy.

Actually, you may be on to something here...

Think about it: by 2059, there are literally dozens of Macross/Megaroad/New Macross fortresses, so in essence, they'd comprise a whole navy of ships. The Global would be the fourth dimensional fortress built for the SDF Navy. It's a working hypothesis, at any rate... :wacko:

Another off-topic statement...

Maybe in the new designation system, SDFN stands for "Super Dimension Fortress-New"? Dunno...

Only the Holy Froating Head knows for sure.

I think the N stands for "now what do we do" in reference to the hole they wrote themselves into by making the megaroad the SDF-2

Edited by anime52k8

I think the N stands for "now what do we do" in reference to the hole they wrote themselves into by making the megaroad the SDF-2

That was something I never quite wrapped my mind around either. This is another example of trying to fit something that was obviously supposed to be a spin-off of DYRL into the TV-series timeline. A square peg into a round hole, indeed.

It has been cited on numerous sites that Flashback 2012 was little more than an expanded "full version" of the ending credits from DYRL with a bunch of other Minmay songs thrown in as filler between Parts I and II of the Megaroad Launch montage. But somehow, miraculously, just as the SDF-2 was nearly completed...at the last minute, it is completely stripped down and rebuilt into a completely different ship design altogether? C'mon! :blink: Structurally, the two ships don't remotely look similar at all...

If anything, the Megaroad shares more design elements with the New Macross Class than either version of the SDF-1. The only common denominator it shares with the DYRL SDF-1 (or SDF-2 for that matter) is the fact that it has the huge ARMD-like structures port and starboard. It has the same supercarrier design as the New Macross ships...even if it DOES look like a space-going glass window!

Edited by Cyclone Trooper

Call me a loner here, but I never really liked the Quarter for some reason. Dunno if it's the size (or lack thereof) or the overall design. Compared to the older U.N. Spacy vessels, it and any of the newer ships look a little too smooth-hulled to me...like transformable Zentran ships or something.

But maybe this DX version will make me repent...

Call me a loner here, but I never really liked the Quarter for some reason. Dunno if it's the size (or lack thereof) or the overall design. Compared to the older U.N. Spacy vessels, it and any of the newer ships look a little too smooth-hulled to me...like transformable Zentran ships or something.

But maybe this DX version will make me repent...

Well, it IS a Bandai...