Macross DYRL: Proper English Fandub

Hikuro

Wow!

Your Hikaru and Mippa vocals were spot on! I thought Hikaru vocals sounded a bit tinny and little bit hollow for sound quality compared to Misa's vocals, but that was really good for a test.

I hope you rest up from your holidays to get your energy back to work on your DYRL and Macross Zero projects.

Way to go!

• 5 weeks later...

Holy poo on a stick! I haven't said anything in nearly a month?! I'm sorry guys!

Here's the thing, I've hit alot of snags for Act II, music can't be found that matches the movie, and VA's are having a hard time staying balanced with work, school coming up and private lives.

Not too mention my minmay is having a little regression period where she thinks she's doing a horrible job at things and is slammed with real roles consuming her time.

I just got a bunch of hard core 80's like space battle soundeffects that I'll be using for the final battle...and so far they're working out well. It'll be pretty hard to mix these last 40 minutes, but it'll be worth it.

Thanks I appreciate it.

I kicked a little more butt on the second act. This is going to be so freaking difficult....the space battle was the worse of my nightmares on getting this done. But with that actually now becoming accomplished and the first piece I'm tackling....I feel a bit more confident that this movie will be a succcess.

However, I really need to sit down and listen to all my music tracks so I can find the right stuff. I didn't think I'd be missing music, but yep, I am.

So as of this morning, all of the old vocal tracks of replaced VA's have been switched out with the new ones. Some people I'm still waiting on but they're mostly bit roles and minmay. However my Minmay va does have a rather busy life and since she's pretty good at what she does I'm cutting her some slack :p hope she doesn't read tihs.

I would say 80-89% of the first half is now complete. It's actually looking REALLY good, I'm very surprised on how real in terms of goals in my life this is turning out.

This really motivates me to finish the movie after having nearly the entire first half of this film completed.

I have access to a recording studio, if you need a cannonfodder one liner or a crazy zentraedi let me know; I can do a pretty good Starscream, too

Thank you, if I need anything I'll let you know, right now finishing the sound and music for act two is the most important.

Cristina just handed over her bit for the concert at the start of the movie, and it sounds cute. She's gonna try and supposively finish all the lines within a week, I'm really looking forward to her performance.

And trying to get her to sing DYRL in English for the DVD limited release extras.

Again, I wanna thank people for their support and encouragement. You usually don't see such a thing anymore.

I'm nearly done with act 2's sound mix. max and miriays battle is two steps from completion, and the final battle looks and sounds amazing with everything in place. I wish I could show you all but that would give away everything i'm working so hard for.

I've been fooling around with dvd contents....the plan is to use one of the HD remasters covers, that way it keeps the maxross feel with authentic art.

ideas Im tooling with and wll need assistance in:

english subtitles on music

black barred over japanese text english subs on zentreadi

dyrl music video in english (cristina might sing!)

ps/saturn openings

blooper reel

cast interviews

cmmentary with director/vas

3d dvd menu of a HUD with dyrl clips and button access.

selection animtion of a VF1S transforming and shooting off to badolzas fortress or the macross.

so, wha do you guys think? itll push the release back more, but itll be a perfect possible two disc limited edition.

Again, I wanna thank people for their support and encouragement. You usually don't see such a thing anymore.

I'm nearly done with act 2's sound mix. max and miriays battle is two steps from completion, and the final battle looks and sounds amazing with everything in place. I wish I could show you all but that would give away everything i'm working so hard for.

I've been fooling around with dvd contents....the plan is to use one of the HD remasters covers, that way it keeps the maxross feel with authentic art.

ideas Im tooling with and wll need assistance in:

english subtitles on music

black barred over japanese text english subs on zentreadi

dyrl music video in english (cristina might sing!)

ps/saturn openings

blooper reel

cast interviews

cmmentary with director/vas

3d dvd menu of a HUD with dyrl clips and button access.

selection animtion of a VF1S transforming and shooting off to badolzas fortress or the macross.

so, wha do you guys think? itll push the release back more, but itll be a perfect possible two disc limited edition.

I would buy it.

So hey, if I can do anything to contribute let me know

I could put together a music video pretty readily with good quality footage assuming you give me a decent song to work with.

I hate to mention the RT word, BUT

You could also consider stealing the Robotech Battlecry marching VF-1X series animation as the selection animation...

XD doubtful i'd do that. I had one guy as me to change the names to th robotech cast and I should send it too HG....tht was laughable atleast.

i kicked butt again lastnight and early this morning. Dunno what the motivation has been this week but it's working.

max and Miriyas dog fight is 80% mixed, the final battle is 95% mixed. and pretty much everything inbetween is finished. So since I have tomorrow and sunday off, I believe I can finish everything including touch ups on both acts this weekend.

Then I can move onto other projects like Guyver Out of Control, Macross Plus and think a version 2.0 of YugiOh the old old movie.

This sounds great. I can't wait till you're finished.

You've gotta let me voice somebody in M+ O_O

I would LOVE to voice Isamu or Guld, hell, even Yang... I have connections at a local soundstudio and could actually get it recorded without any nasty bg noise...

Again, I'd also like to make a financial contribution to the project

The work you've done thus far is really good especially for a test.

best,

Ghost

aka RF-26 AAC

Edited by RF-26AAC

Thanks I do appreciate it again. If you got any demos you wanna toss out there to me by all means you can. I'm a bit picky when it comes to main characters being filled, a voice actor should have good quality surrounding him both in the equipment he uses and his voice and acting skills.

I do have a guy who was playing Guld for a dub test I did a year ago, but he's very busy and I've got him as Roy Fokker for DYRL and Zero....he is a professional actor as well, does alot of theater work and even tries out for Real World from time to time XD.

This project is nearing completion. I just got to finish max and miriyas battle WHICH by the way I did find the correct background music for it so now it'll be perfect.

However, I'm trying to find the song(s) for when Hikaru and Minmay are floating on the observation/super room as he tries to convince her to sing the song that'll end the war.

Once those two areas are filled, I'm done.

Then I contact all the VA's letting them know the due date is next week and to hurry fast cause the movie will be done.

Hikaru and Minmay floating in the observation deck music:

Macross The Complete collection

disc 2

song 3

Love Moment

I had to listen to almost all the sdf music because it's not in the dyrl soundtrack or background music disc.

I managed to take Love Moment, loop it in certain areas for it to work decently enough.

Now then....*ahem*...............................FINISHED

All that's left is a few tightening up of areas for acoustic levels, vocals, and retiming of the first half to fit perfect with the HD Footage, and the movie so done.

Yep! Even finished the audio tweeking! Everything should be just the right audio level for vocals to not be drowned out! I've already sent emails to cast members telling them I need their lines asap, but already getting requests for extensions :( bummer. if it weren't so damn hot right now I'd do my lines for Hikaru.

Hopefully. I think that issue was my microphone which no longer exists, and I hadn't heard that sound popping up in any of the new stuff I've done using my new microphone.

If it does still exist, I'll be having one of my friends who is an excellent sound engineer get rid of it, she was able too in previous movies, I'm sure she can for this.

Oh ok I didn't know, but it was really easy to tell in the test for the part where they were stranded it was easy to tell, but hopefully like you said it proabbly won't happen. Although one thing I did notice was in the sound effects did you use additional sounds effects to add more detail to the movie or what?

In some cases yes, I noticed that during the final battle there was some stuff that didn't show up so I added them, or because I didn't have the right sfx, I replaced it with something close. I've tried my best to make this an enjoyable popcorn flick.

Okay I see now. Well it is seems like this could be really good the only thing I am a little worried about is the English versions of the songs, but considering Minmay's are not that hard compared to what is in Macross Frontier it shouldn't be that bad. Because I watched one of the fandub tests for Macross Frontier and the Sheryl song wasn't bad for the low stuff, but when it got into the higher range I had to stop watching b/c it wasn't so good (I have been in band and music related stuff for years so my ear has become trained on some stuff); also I don't intend this to be criticism I am just curious about some of the stuff.

Been piecing things together all day....probably inserted about a hundred lines from various va's.......and I really hate my mic XD it gets the job done but at a cost of a little quality. no static, just.......my voice seems really loud now.

In theory, I would be doing Macross Plus movie edition, but that's theory.

I've got a translated script that'll turn into the movie script after retooling, I've also got the remastered footage of the movie as well.....but once this movie is done I think I want to take a REALLY long break.

In theory, I would be doing Macross Plus movie edition, but that's theory.

I've got a translated script that'll turn into the movie script after retooling, I've also got the remastered footage of the movie as well.....but once this movie is done I think I want to take a REALLY long break.

Righto; good work thus far, you have a pm.

-RF 26 AAC

• 2 weeks later...

I've been watching this project come along for sometime now. So far, this project is looking good. If you need anymore VAs, let me know. I posted something in your Macross Zero Dub. Anyways, can't wait to see some more of the final edited scenes you have finished.

Great news! A HUGE chunk of the film is completed. I got one last scene left to put vocals in when I get back from work tonight and I'll have 80-85% of the film completed.

Here's whats left of the film:

2 Exadore Dialouge scenes

70% Of Minmay's lines

Last Half of Breetai's Lines

1 Scene with Badolza

Globals Speech

Cluadia's lines

Second Act from the bridge bunnies

So it's really not much. It's just about hammering alot of these people to say "get it done please!"

Cristina playing Minmay is going to try this weekend, and two of the bridge bunnies and my claudia VA are aiming for saturday.

I gave them all their last warnings to get their rears in gear if they're gonna give me that type of a promise date.

I'll probably send an email to my Breetai VA again and let him know he needs to finish this after coming this far.

I'm expecting to finish this film at the end of the month.

Wow another little update, just shows you that it's moving along!

My captain global va, after a lil rattling of the cages perhaps, dunno, got just about all his lines turned in...along with a bridge bunny.

Cristina is trying to get all her lines completed, along with hawkeye as Max, so I think we're getting close.

Could a release date be this month? It's very possible....though I still got to subtitle the movie....

hey Hikuro, I finally got see some of your work you've been doing with the DYRL Movie. Sounds really good so far, especially who ever is doing Misa's voice. As far as the background sound effects, will that be adjusted, it does sound a bit off, or is that all gonna be done with the finished product?

Keep up the good work!!

Some of it has been adjusted or completely redone. For instance the background hiss you hear in some of my lines is gone in the later parts of the movie completely. I just don't really wanna do my whole lines again cause that's a pain in the ass and will hold production up cause I lack alot of time to do lines anymore.

I have been steadily getting more lines from other cast members and am I suppose to get almost everyones hopefully tomorrow......we'll hav eto wait and see.

My concern right now was when I was trying to do subtitles, they wouldn't go low enough to block the japanese text when the Zentraedi speak, and they colors were blending in to the background.

I'd like to find a way to black bar those japanese subs and replace english text over the bars.