I know I'm late to the party here, but has anyone mentioned Battlefield Earth? For me, that's my all-time worst movie. Ever. It's absolutely horrible and pretty much the only movie I almost walked out on. I was half-way out of the theatre when the optimist in me said, "wait, it could get better", and of course, it just got worse.

I know I'm late to the party here, but has anyone mentioned Battlefield Earth? For me, that's my all-time worst movie. Ever. It's absolutely horrible and pretty much the only movie I almost walked out on. I was half-way out of the theatre when the optimist in me said, "wait, it could get better", and of course, it just got worse.

I know it was mentioned earlier BUT it is worthy of many many many mentions!

I know it was mentioned earlier BUT it is worthy of many many many mentions!

I think Ebert's mentioning of it is worth mentioning:

"It's not merely bad; it's unpleasant in a hostile way."

And my favourite line from that review: "The director, Roger Christian, has learned from better films that directors sometimes tilt their cameras, but he has not learned why."

I nominate Star Wars Episode 7. The whole pot with the Starkiller Base doesn't make any sense, the fact that Rei was conveniently left behind on Jakku is mind-boggling and in a world where everyone tells everyone their secret mission after the just met is crazy. Also what was Phasma thinking when she disabled the shields of the base??? The only possible outcome would be that the rebels (I call them that because they are the same rebels from Episode 4) attack the base and trying to destory them. She should have been a trooper and get herself killed as a sacrifice for the greater good of the First Order and nothing would have happened.

Worst movie ever -1/10.

^_^

I nominate Star Wars Episode 7. The whole pot with the Starkiller Base doesn't make any sense, the fact that Rei was conveniently left behind on Jakku is mind-boggling and in a world where everyone tells everyone their secret mission after the just met is crazy. Also what was Phasma thinking when she disabled the shields of the base??? The only possible outcome would be that the rebels (I call them that because they are the same rebels from Episode 4) attack the base and trying to destory them. She should have been a trooper and get herself killed as a sacrifice for the greater good of the First Order and nothing would have happened.

Worst movie ever -1/10.

^_^

+1

I would sit through Battlefield Earth AND Highlander 2 before I saw that POS again. It made me re-evaluate my "no reading spoilers before I see a movie" policy. I wish I never spent money to see it.

Glad I didn't bother with this movie.

A friend of mine and I decided to watch this one evening this past fall with a few bottles of wine. We made it half way through before she demanded the remote and forwarded through the rest of it at high speed. It's a lot worse than people say, which is pretty bad to begin with. It doesn't even have that Showgirls charm.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, it is what it is.

"Dogshit"

"1.8 out of 5 Schmoes"

"F"

"Skip It"

Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 10% - "Look on Gods of Egypt, ye filmgoers, and despair! Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of this colossal wreck, boundless and bare. The lone and level sands stretch far away. (Apologies to Shelley.)"
Metacritic Score: 23 out of 100

Edited by areaseven

The winners of the 36th Golden Raspberry Awards have been announced. And it's been decided that Fifty Shades of Grey and Fant4stic were both equally bad that they are tied for Worst Picture.

Worst Picture

Fant4stic

Fifty Shades of Grey

Jupiter Ascending

Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2

Pixels

Worst Actor

Johnny Depp (Mortdecai)

Jamie Dornan (Fifty Shades of Grey)

Kevin James (Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2)

Adam Sandler (Pixels and The Cobbler)

Channing Tatum (Jupiter Ascending)

Worst Actress

Katherine Heigl (Home Sweet Hell)

Dakota Johnson (Fifty Shades of Grey)

Mila Kunis (Jupiter Ascending)

Jennifer Lopez (The Boy Next Door)

Gwyneth Paltrow (Mortdecai)

Worst Supporting Actor

Chevy Chase (Hot Tub Time Machine 2 and Vacation)

Josh Gad (Pixels and The Wedding Ringer)

Kevin James (Pixels)

Jason Lee (Alvin & The Chipmunks: Road Chip)

Eddie Redmayne (Jupiter Ascending)

Worst Supporting Actress

Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting (Alvin & The Chipmunks: Road Chip and The Wedding Ringer)
Rooney Mara (Pan)
Michelle Monaghan (Pixels)
Julianne Moore (Seventh Son)
Amanda Seyfried (Love the Coopers and Pan)

Worst Director

Andy Fickman (Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2)

Tom Six (Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence))

Sam Taylor-Johnson (Fifty Shades of Grey)

Josh Trank (Fant4stic)

Andy and Lana Wachowski (Jupiter Ascending)

Worst Screenplay

Fant4stic

Fifty Shades of Grey

Jupiter Ascending

Pixels

Worst Prequel/Remake/Rip-Off/Sequel

Alvin & The Chipmunks: Road Chip

Fant4stic

Hot Tub Time Machine 2

Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence)

Worst Screen Combo

All Four “Fantastics” (Fant4stic)
Johnny Depp and His Glued-On Moustache (Mortdecai)
Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson, (Fifty Shades of Grey)
Kevin James and either His Segway or His Glued-On Moustache (Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2)
Adam Sandler and Any Pair of Shoes (The Cobbler)

Razzie Redeemer Award

Elizabeth Banks (multiple hit films after Movie 43)

M. Night Shyamalan (The Visit after a string of duds)

Will Smith (Concussion following After Earth)

Sylvester Stallone (Creed after being an All-Time Razzie Champ)

"C+"

"2.75 and 3 out of 5 Schmoes"

"Probably a better time... if you're drunk (Yeah, now it's a party!)."

Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 23% - "London Has Fallen traps a talented cast -- and all who dare to see it -- in a mid-1990s basic-cable nightmare of a film loaded with xenophobia and threadbare action-thriller clichés."

Metacritic Score: 28 out of 100

Edited by areaseven