Bandai 1/35 DX VF-1

eriku

They wouldn't bother doing a sneaky move to 1/55 because they don't advertise the scale on the DX toys. It just so happens they're 1/60 toys but in reality 1/60 covers a range of scales from 1/55 to 1/65. So, at the end of the day, they'd just say DX and if it ran a little bigger than the Yamato toys it wouldn't be so much bigger that people the vast majority of people would care.

Edited by jenius

If Bandai are smart they would do a 1:72 line. There's so much more accessories available from the 1:72 model kit world.

I don't even mind something smaller like1:144 scale.

They did do a 1:72 line. It was crap, everyone complained about it, and it died a quick death within a year.

Edited by anime52k8

They did do a 1:72 line. It was crap, everyone complained about it, and it died a quick death within a year.

That was a model kit, not a DX level toy.

I always find it a bit disappointing that there are no completed toys in 1/72 scale other than the ancient High Complete Models. With plenty of Arcadia and ex-Yamato 1/60 toys still out there and likely to be re-released, chances are we'll never see Valkyrie toys in 1/72 scale.

Edited by Vifam7

I always find it a bit disappointing that there are no completed toys in 1/72 scale other than the ancient High Complete Models. With plenty of Arcadia and ex-Yamato 1/60 toys still out there and likely to be re-released, chances are we'll never see Valkyrie toys in 1/72 scale.

Didn't Yamato make the VF-11, YF-19 and YF-21 in 1/72? I thought it was the coolest back then.

Edited by wmkjr

I was a huge proponent of a 1/72 scale of toys for a long time but like you said, Yamato's allegiance to 1/60 and then Bandai's using that scale for their Frontier toys pretty much ruled it out. What I liked about 1/72 is it made more of the universe available in toy form while still allowing all the gimmicks of the 1/60 toys though that meant 1/72 toys would probably cost just about the same as 1/60 toys. If someone were to do 1/72 toys now they'd almost certainly be much MORE than most the 1/60 toys we purchased or waited to go on sale so that would heighten the laments about the price of smaller toys. In that regard, though it doesn't do anything to unite the modeling and toy universes, the HMR line makes a lot of sense to me. Take out some frills, shrink the toys to make more of the universe plausible, and since they're smaller with fewer frills, they can be priced well below 1/60 toys to help reduce the comparisons/complaints. Maybe Arcadia can go that route 5 years from now when Bandai grows tired of Macross again.

Didn't Yamato make the VF-11, YF-19 and YF-21 in 1/72?

Yes, but they abandoned the scale quickly because, at the time, 1/72 was too small for a decent VF-1 toy... and even then we got the V1 1/60s <shudder>

Edited by jenius

I really don't understand the logic of wanting a toy in 1/72 scale so that it's in scale with unrelated model kits. If I collected 1/72 aircraft models I'd want 1/72 models of Macross aircraft, which exist.

I've always seen 1/60 and 1/100 as more logical scales for Macross toys since they're both well established scales for other giant robot toys (and toy like models).

If Bandai are smart they would do a 1:72 line. There's so much more accessories available from the 1:72 model kit world.

I don't even mind something smaller like1:144 scale.

1:144 would simply be too small.. Although it would be a real novelty if they could make something that small transform the very same way as a 1:60 toy! Wouldn't be possible and be super delicate. The Hi-Metal 1:100 toys I think are the absolute limit in terms of size to still have a decent transformation although they do require some parts forming.

I think the way forward is to move to a super scale. The 1:35 is cool but a 1:24 or even larger would have been epic! But I'll be happy with the 1:35.

I personally would love a non transformable 3 in one set in1/144 scale. It would make a neat little display piece.

The gundam hcm pro 1/200 figures were a fun series and the Tamara 1/48 votoms were very articulated as well. Both lines had lots of accessories and a lot of detail for the size.

1:144 would simply be too small.. Although it would be a real novelty if they could make something that small transform the very same way as a 1:60 toy! Wouldn't be possible and be super delicate. The Hi-Metal 1:100 toys I think are the absolute limit in terms of size to still have a decent transformation although they do require some parts forming.

I think the way forward is to move to a super scale. The 1:35 is cool but a 1:24 or even larger would have been epic! But I'll be happy with the 1:35.

I want everything to be 24 inches tall, regardless of scale.

I personally would love a non transformable 3 in one set in1/144 scale. It would make a neat little display piece.

The gundam hcm pro 1/200 figures were a fun series and the Tamara 1/48 votoms were very articulated as well. Both lines had lots of accessories and a lot of detail for the size.

Hahaha, true! I love the HCM pro series! I remember back then I was hoping and praying that Bandai would release Macross valks in that series but it didn't happen. :( War in the pocket! :D

Hahaha, true! I love the HCM pro series! I remember back then I was hoping and praying that Bandai would release Macross valks in that series but it didn't happen. :( War in the pocket! :D

I think the Tomytec Gimix line might be just the thing for you guys. http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=43003

It's certainly something I'm excited about.

• 1 month later...

When i saw the notification, I thought I am gonna see some new pictures....

Same here!!!! Hope this doesn't turn out vaporware.

hehe! sorry to get you guys excited for nothing! Its just that its been over a month since the last post and this is something I would love to have..

• 1 month later...

I probably won't be able to afford this item, but I am extremely interested in it. Hopefully they put out some details soon.

start saving your pennies right now then! this is not the valk we need, but the one we deserve!

start saving your pennies right now then! this is not the valk we need, but the one we deserve!

without turning this into a religious discussion but.. amen to that! :p:D

And here I am thinking there's a new update when I clicked this thread. :rolleyes:

As per the ANN article, Bandai teased a mammoth 1/35 scale DX Chogokin VF-1J that stands 14 inches (35cm) high in Battroid mode with working lights.

What are you guys hoping for with this? I'm hoping it features articulated pilot figures. 1/35 is about the scale of Transformers Masterpiece toys like MP10 Optimus, so theoretically the pilot figures would be around the same size as the MP Spike & Daniel figures.

Here's the link to the article:

www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-10-29/bandai-teases-giant-26-inch-sdf-1-macross-14-inch-vf-1-valkyrie-toys/.94775

attachicon.gif35_1J.jpg

Sorry for the late but I think it's the size of MP-01 not MP-10.

And here I am thinking there's a new update when I clicked this thread. :rolleyes:

XD exactly how i came back to check!

I know eh! hehe! its threads like these that really p!ss you off after you open it only to find just more pointless random comments and nothing of anything particularly juicy or interesting! :p:D

So back to the 1:35 VF-1 topic.. I mean c'mon Bandai what the efff! give us something more already! <_<:rolleyes: