1/60 Perfect Transform VF-4G Lightning reissue.

Gakken85

This is just nonsense from Arcadia...yes, I am one of those who sold my kidney to get one! You can imagine how I feel....at least they can try some kind of variants right!?

I can imagine...most of the time after I won something from auction for what I think is rare item (which I have waited long, long time for something decent to show up), guaranteed 2 days later there would be multiple listings with lower opening bids.

If you got your VF4 at fair market price at that time, then it's fine. At least you got some enjoyment out of it already. No one has a freaking crystal ball on what these companies would do, so as a general rule patience is virtue. I remember I missed out on the Alter 1/100 Yukikaze figures and they were going for $300+ on ebay...and guess what a couple years later they were reissued. and I got them at half that.

...and there were those who's upset on this reissue announcement. Maybe we should add a poll again on this one like the previous VF-4G thread. But let's revise it a little since it's already a reissue. ;)

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure if I can afford it
  • I would still buy it even if I already own the Yamato version
  • I would buy if it was under Y38000-Y40000 based on Arcadia's recent pricing
  • I would pre-order and buy it at any price
  • I would only pre-order and buy if it's the Flashback 2012 version

This is great news! I'll definitely be buying one of these, even with the inevitable steep price.

there is a bottle of vaseline on the desk

Arcadia is being nice and providing some lube while you get raped at the price they'll be charging :)

reissue = NO SALE

One of these b*tches!! INSTA-SALE! :lol:

Like the black scheme. ;)

Is there any actual word from Arcadia that it's a re-release from the Yamato version? is not showing on their site, and again, how does that fit the "fill in the blanks" hint Mr K left?

It was just posted via their Twitter site. So it's still early to put it in their site. Though they mentioned that PO will start towards the end of this month.

This is great news! I'll definitely be buying one of these, even with the inevitable steep price.

Arcadia is being nice and providing some lube while you get raped at the price they'll be charging :)

And generous to release one of the sought out Valk after. ;)

For those worried about price, its esentially just a reissue, whereas the VF-0 was a new mold. Id expect the same 300,000 yen price range on this, so upper 200$ area.

300,000 yen is kinda too steep. ;)

I don't blame people who's so worried since even if it's reissue it's almost double the price when it's still under the Yamato banner. Looks back at Arcadia's VF-1S and VF-1J GBP reissues.

I'd actually like to see a comparison of old and new release prices, adjusted for the yen/dollar exchange rate. The new VF-1s were a bit more I know, but the original price point was 9800 yen, and they added the stand. The new prices really don't seem that far off to me from what I remember paying.

And anyway, really, an FB2012 scheme is one of the simplest repaints to achieve, and thanks to the way the VF-4 transforms, most of the changes in paint aren't even at risk for scratching. I might pick up another to customize anyway.

Then, if they eventually issue the real scheme? I'll still get that one, and just repaint the tails again as another squadron. There's no shortage of F-14 markings that would look awesome on one of these. Off the top of my head, Sundowners, Ghostriders, Black Aces (complete with black nose cone), all sound nice. Pretty much the only parts needing work for any of them are the nose, and tails, and possibly the ventral fins.

skullmilitia
That price - while still expensive - isn't nearly as bad as I thought. I really hope you're right and $200 is what they will charge. My wallet would be happier than if it was at $300 :)

no3ljm
I think it's great to bring back this VF-4 as well! I really missed out on the original release. I especially lamented because the reviews stated it was a really solid product. This is great news.

Seto Kaiba
Do it, bro! Don't pass up another opportunity to grab this one. Trust me, I've regretted missing the original release. I know you would regret this one.

Forthose worried about price, its esentially just a reissue, whereas the VF-0 was a new mold. Id expect the same 300,000 yen price range on this, so upper 200$ area.

It better transform itself and change color schemes for that yen price.

Edited by wmkjr

So, What is the probability Arcadia offers a "Democratic" price for any Valkyrie reissue? I mean at least an equivalent price from the days when Yamato had its boom in market ..I wish they could grant a right price for the eventual VF-1D,reissue (my holy grail).....Developing countries fans also want to enjoy these masterpieces....What do you guys think? Any chance?

So, What is the probability Arcadia offers a "Democratic" price for any Valkyrie reissue? I mean at least an equivalent price from the days when Yamato had its boom in market ..I wish they could grant a right price for the eventual VF-1D,reissue (my holy grail).....Developing countries fans also want to enjoy these masterpieces....What do you guys think? Any chance?

Based on the last blog post of Mr.K, I highly doubt they will release something that has the same or equivalent price when they're still under the Yamato banner. Cost nowadays is totally different. For sure they will do more reissues in the future but prices now is not going to change.

They should be able to offer lower prices since the engineering and design was completed years ago but fat chance they will. They need money to stay afloat and make more valks for us.

My toughts exactly, I would be ok with a 250 USD price if it means they are gonna be able to keep this release schedule, 3-4 valks per year, half new-half reissues seems ok for me

For those worried about price, its esentially just a reissue, whereas the VF-0 was a new mold. Id expect the same 300,000 yen price range on this, so upper 200$ area.

I'm honestly not sure how new the mold is for Arcadia's VF-0 line. Since I have the old Yamato VF-0S, and watching people transforming Arcadia's Zeros on YouTube I found a lot of similarity between the two. (I mean how many different ways can you transform a VF-0 anyway?)

I mean, there are improvements made for the Arcadia's version (more die cast on joints area, etc.), but I'm not sold on that they had to create entire new mold for their new VF-0 line.

As for the price, my prediction is about 300 USD + shipping/handling...so about $350.

I've checked my nippon yasan order history and both VF-4G's cost me U$S319,46 each (shipping was U$S88,15). I remember the preorder was more expensive but then there was a discount and nippon yasan honoured that discount and applied it to my order.

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

You can google HLJ's old pages:

https://www.hlj.com/product/ymtgk-19/Sci

Â¥25,700

At that time I think 25700 yen was close to $250 bucks.

Anyway, I don't see the problem. You get a chance to get the piece MISB for non-aftermarket prices. Even if inflation changes the prices it's still a good thing.

Okay reading the old thread I found 26985yen before discounts for the Yamato. The Yen to USD at that time (August 2012) was around 79 (bleh). So it came out to be around $341 before discounts. If you go with the release month of December rates 82-87 yen it comes out cheaper. Does this sound right for the folks who got in the first time?

For folks living in the states, with the yen rates as they are now if they charged 37800yen (assuming a 40% markup to the above price) it would be almost the same pricing.

@ Reaction Warhead- Check the Arcadia VF-0 Thread. The transformation is similar but if you compare the valks side by side there's a difference in the molds.

Edited by wmkjr

At least it is another point for General Galaxy designs. The VF-4 was their debut model and we've only got VF-22 and VF-17 molds after that, which were always a secondary character.

Now the question is, would this be Arcadia's first pre-order madness item?

Edited by calubin_175

I'm honestly not sure how new the mold is for Arcadia's VF-0 line. Since I have the old Yamato VF-0S, and watching people transforming Arcadia's Zeros on YouTube I found a lot of similarity between the two. (I mean how many different ways can you transform a VF-0 anyway?)

I mean, there are improvements made for the Arcadia's version (more die cast on joints area, etc.), but I'm not sold on that they had to create entire new mold for their new VF-0 line.

As for the price, my prediction is about 300 USD + shipping/handling...so about $350.

The recent released VF-0 line were new molds. If you check some reviews online, you can see the difference. I now have the Yamato VF-0S to compare with my Arcadia ones, and I can tell that everything is new on the Arcadia releases. Despite of the color and paint issues, the new mold is better, tight and sturdy compared to the Yamato ones. ;)

At least it is another point for General Galaxy designs. The VF-4 was their debut model and we've only got VF-22 and VF-17 molds after that, which were always a secondary character.

Now the question is, would this be Arcadia's first pre-order madness item?

Yeah, so far, no pre-order madness from Arcadia. It's usually fast to sell out via their direct online shop. But so far, everyone get their valk thru other japanese retailers. ;)

I expect it to be more than Yamato price as this is under the Arcadia banner now with the new higher pricing where they have charged more than 50% compared to Yamato. My guess similar to the VF-0 or even higher, probably about 35-40K Yen.

As with all toys, unless its said to be a limited release, they really can do what they want. Even if stated limited release, they can always do a slight different colour variation for a normal production like what Bandai did with the V1 VF-25F by budling it up with the super parts.

Edited by Valk-1S

Okay reading the old thread I found 26985yen before discounts for the Yamato. The Yen to USD at that time (August 2012) was around 79 (bleh). So it came out to be around $341 before discounts. If you go with the release month of December rates 82-87 yen it comes out cheaper. Does this sound right for the folks who got in the first time?

For folks living in the states, with the yen rates as they are now if they charged 37800yen (assuming a 40% markup to the above price) it would be almost the same pricing.

@ Reaction Warhead- Check the Arcadia VF-0 Thread. The transformation is similar but if you compare the valks side by side there's a difference in the molds.

It was $320 for me back then.

Guest davidwhangchoi

It was $320 for me back then.

Yes, that was the price usd for me and everyone else back then. If its under 300, it'll be a miracle, i'll be so happy

Thanks for the info. Man, the rates back then sucked compared to now but at least you guys got to get one. If Arcadia wasn't doing this one, I don't think I'd spend $500+ for the ones in the aftermarket.

So the problem with the fact that rates are much better now is that China linked its currency to the US economy. Theoretically that would mean that the Yen cost of these toys should go up by the amount the exchange rate has improved so we should still end up paying around $320. It's been a while since I followed this stuff though and I think I read that China devalued their currency in the face of their current economic downturn so hopefully that improves things.