Arcadia VF-1J Full Armor - January 2015

joppewo

Hey, so glue's the only thing to fix this?

IMG_7092_zpseyq2kzqi.jpg

I can't tell, but is that snapped off or is that a separate piece that fell off?

Sorry about the white backdrop.

Ouch. Sad to see that happened. :unsure: But yeah, you can try those cements mentioned by chyll2 and let them dry 24-48 hours before you try to mount those missiles again.

That's one reason for me too why I don't mount the missiles very often. I don't want to break the missile tabs nor break the hardpoints on the wings. :(

Thanks, yeah never often either. What about cheap superglue?

I really need something that starts with a yeti.

So no3ljm, whatever happened to that avatar of your cute girlfriend?

Cheap SuperGlue??? Do we have to remind you again how 'cheap' your collection is to use 'cheap' superglue? Just saying. ;)

My cute girlfriend Zoe? :wub: Oh, she was replaced by someone who knows how to jumping jacks on her free time. :rolleyes:

Change her back. I miss her already!

I think I'll leave it for now till I get a yetistand and put all three on one. I really want to see these three flying together. Otherwise he's far better shown off in batroid.

*snip*

Nice! All you need is to include the brownie 1J. ;)

Don't worry, Zoe will return for sure. I'm just still under Maki-Maki's juggling spell. :D

Question about the paint job. What is the likelihood of paint scratches with Arcadia's bright white coat, compared to Yamato's matte paint injection? i haven't opened mine yet in several months, and I realized I was fearful about it.

Thanks Jenius. I have both types Yamato and Arcadia, but I a don't have a clue about paint. Are these considered painted or paint injected? The DX Bandai's clealry look painted, but these Yamarcadias are hard to tell.

I think most of the white color on the Yamato/Arcaida toys molded plastic. The only areas of white paint are the painted die-cast pieces for landing gear and the leg delivery bar.

I think most of the white color on the Yamato/Arcaida toys molded plastic. The only areas of white paint are the painted die-cast pieces for landing gear and the leg delivery bar.

Thanks. I've always been curious about that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! New user on these boards, but a fan for a lifetime! How's everyone doing?

Anyway, decided to start collecting (again) and I've seen that this specific release is almost sold out everywhere... found a place though, but for $350 shipped... Is that a good price for this guy?

Thanks in advance and looking forward to participate more.

Hi all! New user on these boards, but a fan for a lifetime! How's everyone doing?

Anyway, decided to start collecting (again) and I've seen that this specific release is almost sold out everywhere... found a place though, but for $350 shipped... Is that a good price for this guy?

Thanks in advance and looking forward to participate more.

I thin $350 is way too much. You can find it cheaper on ebay.

Thanks.

But the only one on ebay ATM is $500+.... I might just wait to see if a better deal comes around.

$500+ is way too overpriced. There's a used Yamato v2 one on eBay for $275 shipped.

Anyways, welcome to the boards. :)

• 1 month later...

I have been working on and of on this for a while, its a Yamato V1 GBP set but this felt like the most appropriate place to put it. I am now in the market for an Yamarcadia V2 set to paint, i didn't have the balls to pick one up to paint. now i feel up to it.

I wanted a more Beaten up camouflaged version to go alongside the standard blue one.

post-30426-0-48132500-1469396560_thumb.jpg post-30426-0-26691300-1469396589_thumb.jpg post-30426-0-09480900-1469396613_thumb.jpg

Hoping this gets the ball rolling for me getting on with some more of the custom valks i want to do, and more importantly actually get them finished!

Awesome work!..some appropriate diorama it will be like the real thing!

I have been working on and of on this for a while, its a Yamato V1 GBP set but this felt like the most appropriate place to put it. I am now in the market for an Yamarcadia V2 set to paint, i didn't have the balls to pick one up to paint. now i feel up to it.

I wanted a more Beaten up camouflaged version to go alongside the standard blue one.

DSC05301.JPG DSC05303.JPG DSC05304.JPG

Hoping this gets the ball rolling for me getting on with some more of the custom valks i want to do, and more importantly actually get them finished!

• 3 months later...

I feel like it would be an okay solution if you aren't going to be handling it too often. I've only used the tamiya cement on model kits, so I don't handle them much afterwards.

Mind me asking how that happened? Maybe something I can look out for on my own VF-1J, thanks.

I feel like it would be an okay solution if you aren't going to be handling it too often. I've only used the tamiya cement on model kits, so I don't handle them much afterwards.

Mind me asking how that happened? Maybe something I can look out for on my own VF-1J, thanks.

I just lifted the neck hinge for casual transformation and the piece just broke off. I've handled many 1/60 V2 VF-1 molds over my time and this is the first time I've seen a breakage in this area.

I've used plastic weld to fuse the wing pivot off a YF-25 after a fall. If the part is ABS it should work. Or maybe an acetone slurry or MEK (Just beware of the fumes).

Edit: Anyone tried using Bondic?

Edited by wmkjr