Vf-0 vs SV-51

Archer

I have never transformed the toy, and everything is tight, but that huge gunpod still rests on surfaces when the landing gear is fully deployed.

There must be something you’re not doing right, be sure to have the gun pod fully transformed and the back pack and legs in together tight by their pegs connections.

Why is it called "Winter Wonderfest" if it's in May? I'm pretty sure May is not winter time in Japan. Once again, it may be that I'm just ignorant or downright dumb..

because Wonder Festival happens twice a year. Winter Wonderfest 2013 is February 10th. Summer wonder festival is typically late July so. no idea where May 18th is coming from.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say get the SV-51.

Hold off on the Zero.

Graham

sounds like a hint to me BUT...IMO the SV-51 is way more in need of redesign than the vf-0. i think the 0s and 0a are actually pretty decent toys. clearly not up to VF-1 V2 standards but way superior to the floppy mess of the SV-51 (whose design i love). i have the nora and its way floppy....heard ivanov was even worse....so i question why yo usay get the sv-51....does that mean an V2 isn't coming for that? that would be a bummer.

I thought it was always the other way around. The SV-51 was fairly tight release (especially with the cannon fodder variant), but the VF-0S was a disaster in the making until focker -0S ghost bundle, and even then, the whole toys was fairly floppy and loose?

In my opinion the Yamato’s 1/60 M Zero valk’s (VF-0 and SU-51) are more in close type to the 1/60 V2 VF-1, rather far than the 1/60 V1 VF-1. So if there is going to be a 1/60 V2 VF-0, than this is going to be far more better than the V2 VF-1 and more close to a 1/60 V3 VF-1 with a V2 SU-51 release lap between them both.

post-15310-0-00995700-1360189635_thumb.jpgOne thing that I think can improve better may be the pilot’s style looks, for more of a slim body pilot that will make us think that this one’s now look like gummy bear pilots.

post-15310-0-14831600-1360189269_thumb.jpg

post-15310-0-64033700-1360189467_thumb.jpg

post-15310-0-54865300-1360189551_thumb.jpg

Is this some kind of hint Graham, or am I just reading into this too much. But yes, now you guys have swayed me into the -51. I'd rather not blow money and have the zero be re-released with modern standards.

Hope I'm making the right choice!

If you can still buy that VF-0S or maybe the other one i would run for it, with all this drama going on who knows.

• 11 months later...

SV-51 looks bettter with the boosters on the wings. I have mine in fighter mode on a stand going into a dive.

It is a shame yamato doesn't include stands often. They put so much effort into tampo printing "Made in China" on vf-4 but no stand. lol

They make some good stuff in China.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd suggest the Sv-51, I recently pulled my re-issue VF-0S out of storage and it's a horrible POS, granted I had a couple of QC issues out the box, the figure itself did not hold up well. I had way too many issues, it was like fiddling with a V1 Yamato or something, pieces fell off, it was a loose mess after 3 transformations. In my opinion, the VF-0 line was a bit of a mess, I only owned one V1 but it was horrible, and neither my re-issue 0S or 0A are any better off. I'd like to see Arcadia re-release the VF-0, a truly fixed V2 would be great, since the 0D is announced I wouldn't be too surprised if we get these eventually, but for some reason I wouldn't hold my breath for more SV-51s.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
【Yamato 1/60 SV-51】feat. VF-0S![/color][/align]

[align=left]Bought this in my last Jap trip in Nov.... to pair up with the VF0S!

[align=left][align=center]2015-12-22-23.23.41.jpg[/align][/align]

[align=left][align=center]2016-01-02-17.35.26.jpg[/align][/align]

[align=left][align=center]2015-12-22-23.05.11.jpg[/align][/align]

[align=left][align=center]_DSC6761.JPG[/align]

[align=center][float=left]2016-01-02-18.01.27.jpg[/float][/align][align=center][float=left]2016-01-02-18.08.31.jpg[/float][/align]

[align=center][float=left]2015-12-22-23.16.15.jpg[/float][/align]

[/align]

If they do, it won't happen this year. Someone tweeted Mr. K about it and he responded they couldn't "motivate" it. Behold:

@ELS00QANT1 A happy new year!

And we are playing as good.

Could not set the SV-51 motivated cranked up to! But price and elaikoccha!.

So for 2016, looks like the VF-0S, VF-4, and the YF-19 reissue are it, with the 0's reactive armor coming first thing in 2017. I think.