1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

Great shot, I like!

As for the backpack hinges, the line art shows them angled towards the back like you said. I did that but I didn't like it , so I go with the slightly angled forward because it fills out the shoulders, allows you angle mid shoulder piece high and gives the battroid more of a heroic V shape in the torso.

Is the gun on your VF-25G matte coated? BTW I am finishing up processing VF-25G pics.

How's the new lighting working out? Nikons are great cameras, you can't go wrong with either. I went with Canon because it was what I learned on.

*whispers" stick with Canon ;)

Thanks! Good info on the shoulders, I suspected you went that way for a reason. And I agree.

Funny you mention the gun. I recall saying the exact same thing about some of.your pics a while back, thinking you'd matte coated all your valks. My secret is the same as yours, polarizer filter. In fact, looking at yours you've just posted, its got the same look now!

Polarizer filters are cool!

Don't worry, I will stick with Canon. Too much invested to change now.

Thanks! Good info on the shoulders, I suspected you went that way for a reason. And I agree.

Funny you mention the gun. I recall saying the exact same thing about some of.your pics a while back, thinking you'd matte coated all your valks. My secret is the same as yours, polarizer filter. In fact, looking at yours you've just posted, its got the same look now!

Polarizer filters are cool!

Don't worry, I will stick with Canon. Too much invested to change now.

Hahaha, the cycle of photography tips is complete you asked me a question and I asked the same question to you. :lol: Yep, polarizers are great but they introduce a whole new set of challenges when taking dark photos. I am waiting for the weather to warm up here so I can go shoot some landscapes, especially bodies of water that's where polarizers really shine or lack of shine. :p

Nice, yep once you are in a particular system its hard/expensive to jump to a different system. At work a few of my co-workers bought camera (yes, the blame me for their purchases too) and 2 already had cameras. So right now there are 4 Canon, 2 Sony and 1 Nikon.

Great pics of the G. Still waiting for the reissue.

Thanks yeti! I am hoping Bandai reissue it too.

Edited by Saburo

Mmmmmm Michael, such a good looking valk.

Which is next, super or tornado?

Also can i request a lying down aiming pose please.

I have taken pics of the 3 versions I just need to get around to processing each set, but I'll see what I can do about the lying down aiming pose.

Nice shots seti88, I especially like the first one. Looks like a Metal Build Exia in the background?

Thanks! Everything bokeh'ed blurred looks different right? :D No MB here just the plain old RG Exia..... ;)

haha just realised it wasnt that bokeh'ed!

Edited by seti88

im just not a fan of the Tornado parts but your stunning photos have certainly raised my eyebrows to them on this occasion! Gorgeous photos once again Saburo!

Thanks spanner! When it comes to posing in Battroid mode the Tornado is my least favorite, its a pain. It wasn't being very cooperative when taking pics. After some frustrating moments, I got the pics done. :D

Looks great Saburo! Did you do the saggy wing fix?

Thank you! Yes after I posted the fix thread which I used the 25F for photos, I went ahead and did the wing fix for the 25G just to make sure it was a secure fit. :D

Thanks spanner! When it comes to posing in Battroid mode the Tornado is my least favorite, its a pain. It wasn't being very cooperative when taking pics. After some frustrating moments, I got the pics done. :D

The Tornado's just look to bulky even though the armor parts are pretty bulky too but for me they work a lot better than the Tornado's. The super parts are probably the best cos they aren't so overboard and the Valk can stand unassisted without toppling over.

I guess its a good thing you have the droopiness fix for them.

Yep, gonna agree with Spanner here, don't like the Tornado parts at all. But those photos look awesome! And since I own the parts for the 25G, I'm actually tempted to take them out of their box and mess with them now. Mission accomplished, Saburo!

The Tornado's just look to bulky even though the armor parts are pretty bulky too but for me they work a lot better than the Tornado's. The super parts are probably the best cos they aren't so overboard and the Valk can stand unassisted without toppling over.

I guess its a good thing you have the droopiness fix for them.

I like all the the 3 set but of the 3 sets of parts the Tornado Pack is the my least, first going to Super and second Armored. The Tornado is very nice looking in Fighter mode.

Beautiful snaps as always saburo and as always i always want to get more valks after looking at your pics!! B)) B))

Thanks seti88, more valks in the collection is a good thing. hahaha :lol:

Lovely photos as always, Saburo. :wub:

Thank you no3ljm!

Yep, gonna agree with Spanner here, don't like the Tornado parts at all. But those photos look awesome! And since I own the parts for the 25G, I'm actually tempted to take them out of their box and mess with them now. Mission accomplished, Saburo!

Take them out and swoosh the valk about it. :D

You gotta get the blue Tornado parts for the G......they just work! :wub:

Agreed!

The tornado parts are terrible in fighter mode unless you perform the saggy wing fix that was posted awhile back. Considering how simple the fix is, we can chalk it up once again to poor engineering by Bandai.

I like all the the 3 set but of the 3 sets of parts the Tornado Pack is the my least, first going to Super and second Armored. The Tornado is very nice looking in Fighter mode.

I'll have to agree that the Tornado's do look best in fighter mode! Good enough for me to want to splurge on a set? hmm im not so sure about that but its a thought that is in the back of my mind..