All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

Anybody getting Deus Ex: Mankind Divided? It's getting great reviews. I'm tempted to pre-order but probably won't get around to playing it sometime next month.

Oh yeah. I loved Human Revolution, and Rock Paper Scissors review boiled down to "it's basically Human Revolution, but larger and more open". I preordered it on Steam after that, but I'm thinking about installing it on my laptop and saving it for when I visit the inlaws in China next month.

• 3 weeks later...

So... what are you guys (and girls) playing now?

Still playing World of Warships. Wargaming does a good job of updating that game almost monthly with new ships and features.

I also just installed a nVidia 1060 GTX last night to replace my AMD 280X. I bought it to play Rise of The Tomb Raider and Arkham Knight at highest settings at 1080p. My 280X was struggling with that because of its lower VRAM.

I got Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Part 2 (PS3) the other day. I still haven't seriously started the first one.

I'm currently playing Shining Force CD (SegaCD). I'm at the tail end of the second book.

Other than that, I haven't played much of my videogame collection the past few months. Maybe a little Frenzy on the Atari 7800, but that's about it.

So... what are you guys (and girls) playing now?

I've been jumping back and forth between Sleeping Dogs (PS4 Version) and Gundam Breaker 3.

A buddy recommended SD to me because he knows I love the Yakuza series. It's pretty great, SD runs that middle ground between GTA freedom and Yakuza characters and writing.

Gundam Breaker 3 is fun but not a game that I can sit and play for hours on end. Maybe it's just too repetitive, I dunno.

So what have you been playing Gerli?

Tried 20 minutes of Battlefield 1 Beta. That's literally all the time I had for the game. It's not boring, but that's literally all the time I could spare for it. I haven't even touched Overwatch yet. It might be a cold day in Hell when I can actually get back into gaming.

World of Warcraft: Legion. Looking great so far!

I got an e-mail this morning from Steam to let me know that Halcyon 6 is out of early access. I've been watching this game for a few months and I just might pick it up. It's like Final Fantasy and Star Control had a baby... Great reviews from Steam users so far!

What is this thing you keep doing, and why? It's neither videogame news, or discussion.

It's a videogame. Those are screenshots. This is the all things videogame related thread. Do I need to play the same videogames like everybody else?

And just because you don't like or play this game doesn't mean I can't post here.

It's a videogame. Those are screenshots. This is the all things videogame related thread. Do I need to play the same videogames like everybody else?

And just because you don't like or play this game doesn't mean I can't post here.

It's just pretty obnoxious to constantly post random screenshots of what appear to be badly rendered custom characters. Maybe take that to a gamefaqs forum actually related to it?

:::shrug:::

Edited by Keith

I...think...that took care of itself?

Anyways---suggestions wanted----decent cheap gamepad for my PC. Mainly to play Mass Effect 3 at the moment. I am FAR more of an rpg/adventure player, so an "awesome for FPS" pad means nothing to me.

I definitely prefer a PS dual-shock style shape to an Xbox shape.

If it makes any sort of difference---I do have convenient USB 3.0 ports up front, almost always one slot to spare.

I...think...that took care of itself?

Anyways---suggestions wanted----decent cheap gamepad for my PC. Mainly to play Mass Effect 3 at the moment. I am FAR more of an rpg/adventure player, so an "awesome for FPS" pad means nothing to me.

I definitely prefer a PS dual-shock style shape to an Xbox shape.

If it makes any sort of difference---I do have convenient USB 3.0 ports up front, almost always one slot to spare.

How cheap is cheap? And wired or wireless?

For maximum compatibility the Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers are your safest bet, and the 360 controllers are pretty cheap to boot now.

Off-brand Xbox controllers may or may not work, depending on whether or not they support Xinput. You should be able to find some cheap options there.

There's Logitech's line of PC pads. They're mostly PS-ish in shape and support Xinput.

Of course, there's also the PS4 controller. Officially, PC support will come with a dongle they're releasing, which will probably make it the most expensive option. You can skip the dongle if you don't mind using a USB cord and an unoffical program running in the background that translates the PS4 input into Xinput. You actually can even use it wirelessly if your PC has Bluetooth. Of course, if you already have a PS4 (that was you that friended me the other day, right?) you can just use the controller you already have (although I personally bought a second one... less hassle resyncing the controller between devices most of the time, and a spare's always nice when a buddy comes over for a little splitscreen gaming).

My honest advice? If you like the PS4 controller, just use it. Even if you buy as second controller and wind up getting Sony's official dongle it'll be worth it in the long run.

I was thinking cheap-cheap, like 20 bucks.

I think I may actually have a spare 360 controller, in pieces. Will see if I can find it and if it has all the parts.

::googles:: Hmmn, they make a "wireless receiver" for the 360 controller, for PC---with many knock-offs. Will see if I can find one locally this weekend, if not---still likely my best/cheapest choice.

I think I may actually have a spare 360 controller, in pieces. Will see if I can find it and if it has all the parts.

::googles:: Hmmn, they make a "wireless receiver" for the 360 controller, for PC---with many knock-offs. Will see if I can find one locally this weekend, if not---still likely my best/cheapest choice.

Just get a wired 360 controller, although honestly, I reccomend spending on an xbone controller, they feel "right," and will run USB.

$20? Logitech F310. Although, as Keith suggests, a wired Xbox 360 controller will run you only about $7 more.