Official Macross posters

TheLoneWolf

Added this 3D poster to the collection.......part of the merchandise available for the Macross: The Design Exhibit during September 2012.....

Got these also. Did you get the Sheryl Nome one?

No. The illustration they selected for the "3D" treatment is not one of my favorites....are you looking for one?

No, I was able to get all of them to date. My wife and I are going to Japan in the beginning of June, so I hope I can find some posters I don't have out there.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Added a few more to the collection since I last posted...

post-582-0-61920600-1405554972_thumb.jpg

post-582-0-36860100-1405555004_thumb.jpg

post-582-0-99653600-1405555033_thumb.jpg

Side 1 of 2

post-582-0-91116500-1405555103_thumb.jpg

Side 2 of 2

post-582-0-57924800-1405555156_thumb.jpg

Another side 1 of 2 posters

post-582-0-64912400-1405555198_thumb.jpg

And second side...

post-582-0-84217200-1405555240_thumb.jpg

post-582-0-31112300-1405555291_thumb.jpg

post-582-0-13041200-1405555354_thumb.jpg

Is it just me, or does there seem to be less people collecting posters these days?

Is it just me, or does there seem to be less people collecting posters these days?

Maybe....a shrinking niche within a niche in Macross collecting....maybe a devoted poster showcase section can be setup on MW at some future time to archive as many as we have collectively....

Also....posters are tough to display...unless you have enough space or have the time to change up your display....

I've noticed that too. I think one factor is that today's easy access to absurdly high quality scans has tempered the market for the real deal. Another factor might be that a lot of Macross fans have aged out of the poster market.

Personally I'd love to get me one of these!

I had them on sale for quite awhile. Sold all of them, but they might be able to be found here, or at least on eBay for a decent price.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

That's a great SDF-1 poster! I actually own the original cel that poster came from. This giant cel is poster size!

That is awesome...and I always look forward to seeing it brought out of your vaults for the MWCon....I did not see any pics of it from this year's con though....did you bring it out?

Anyway, I always thought they were made specifically for the model kit box graphics.....like the Spartan that I have in my collection....but I guess they were multi-purposed!

gallery_12176_600_2391838.jpg

Someday I'll haul out my stash to the MWCon....someday......

BTW, I think you have this one too...

$_57.JPG

Yes, I own the SDF-1 Cruiser cel as well.

That is awesome...and I always look forward to seeing it brought out of your vaults for the MWCon....I did not see any pics of it from this year's con though....did you bring it out?

Anyway, I always thought they were made specifically for the model kit box graphics.....like the Spartan that I have in my collection....but I guess they were multi-purposed!

BTW, I think you have this one too...

$_57.JPG

I remember seeing the Spartan cell on the 4th floor of Nakano Broadway. It almost became part of my collection, that had to have been over seven years ago or so.

I remember seeing the Spartan cell on the 4th floor of Nakano Broadway. It almost became part of my collection, that had to have been over seven years ago or so.

At the time you saw the Spartan, did you see any others? Do you remember what it was selling for at the time?

I am pretty sure the SDF-1 cels (hankens?) that XSToys owns are all part of the same commercial art used for the side graphics on the old IMAI/ARII kit boxes. I recall seeing a similar cel of the Defender on eBay for a high starting bid...in the thousands if I remember correctly...I think one of the vendors was selling it at the MW Con in 2013....not sure if it sold or not.

Does this kind of stuff still make it to Mandarake often?

It's a shame Japan is so far away for me...I'm sure their web listings just scratch the surface of what is available in terms of vintage Macross items at their shops... ;)

Destroid Defender cel also belongs to me... hehe! :rolleyes:

At the time you saw the Spartan, did you see any others? Do you remember what it was selling for at the time?

I am pretty sure the SDF-1 cels (hankens?) that XSToys owns are all part of the same commercial art used for the side graphics on the old IMAI/ARII kit boxes. I recall seeing a similar cel of the Defender on eBay for a high starting bid...in the thousands if I remember correctly...I think one of the vendors was selling it at the MW Con in 2013....not sure if it sold or not.

Does this kind of stuff still make it to Mandarake often?

It's a shame Japan is so far away for me...I'm sure their web listings just scratch the surface of what is available in terms of vintage Macross items at their shops... ;)

post-442-0-49150300-1414459818_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

Poster-ish....

Destroid Monster clear celluloid print....#S-4 (I think there were 4 total made)...by Yamakatsu (Toys, Fancy Goods, and Models ^_^ )

Others include a VF-1J, Tomahawk, and Defender....anyone know if there were more than 4?

KWR??? :rolleyes:

gallery_12176_640_635897.jpg

gallery_12176_640_101677.jpg

Edited by jvmacross