The Aim for the Top! Gunbuster Thread v2.0

Noriko Takaya

WARNING!! SPOILERZ FROM EP 3.

Some guy in Megatokyo forums took these screens. DUH! That's the Jupiter colony built on a "ancient warship". :lol:

mokusei1.jpg

mokusei2.jpg

mokusei3.jpg

Edited by wolfx

I finally got my case of Kotobikiya's Gunbuster 1.5 figures today. And they're pretty damn nice!

Most of the parts are made of a vinyl that's a good deal stiffer than your average Gashapon figure. And the Exelion and Buster Machines are actually all injection molded styrene! And the detail and paint jobs on them are awesome. To me, this set is worth it for those two alone.

My only complaint are that the Buster Machines are too small. About 2.5" long. But the Exelion is a good size at about 5"

Here's what I got:

Exelion x 2

Buster Machines x1

Dix-Neuf x 2

Nono x2

Lark x2

Gunbuster (black and white) x1

Gunbuster (color) x1

Nono's Inazuma Kick (secret figure) x1

So it looks like you get two full sets per case, unless you get a secret figure, like I did. But honestly, I think I'd rather have a second set of Buster Machines :p

OMFG.....seriously...can someone tell me ONE REASON why not to get the SOC Gunbuster?

... the YF-19... but the SOC Gunbuster looks kick ass, and with all those gimmicks (and a great stand) and the same price as the YF-19, the SOC sure is more bang for the buck... :wacko: damn it I can't decide which one to get.

Edited by Twoducks

... the YF-19... but the SOC Gunbuster looks kick ass, and with all those gimmicks (and a great stand) and the same price as the YF-19, the SOC sure is more bang for the buck... :wacko: damn it I can't decide which one to get.

Get both. The YF-19 would probably only come out in Jan - Feb 2007 so you'll have some time to recover from Gunbuster (which is November release i think)

Knowing Yamato, i won't be so optimistic. I'll add 2 months to published release date. Besides.....i'm already stinging on food and other daily essentials for teh Gunbuster/ VF-0A and YF-19. Go me. Bring it on! w00ts!

Well, I have finally got my Studio HalfEye Gunbuster model and all I have to say is "?" I knew it was small, but jeez... Fellow member Gunbuster is right. Half of me wants to cry, but the other half is extremely ecstatic over owning one of these. I have a piece of Gunbuster memorabilia that is really expensive, extremely rare, and which I may never be able to sell in the future should I ever decided to get rid of it.

On the upside, the model is very nice to look at, despite its size. And very detailed also. A lot of effort went into designing the model. Mind you, because of its fragile state, I will not be transforming it. Ever! It looks as if you goof just one time, "SNAP!", and it's all over with. Bye-bye $500. smackers or whatever coinage you paid for it. The accessories are cool also. As soon as I can find a quiet area to unpack the entire box without distraction, I'll try to lay them out and snap photos.

So, I guess I can rightfully say that I am now an uber fan of Gunbuster and that my title will remain unchallenged. Although Gunbuster did come awfully close as he also owns one of these kits.

Hi Noriko

Welcome to the "I own a SHE Gunbuster Club"! so far we are the only 2 :lol:

Anyway, about the SOC, I'm definitely picking up at least 2, one for robot mode and one for Ship mode.

Thanks for the pic Dangard Ace!

Edited by Gunbuster

Hi Noriko

Welcome to the "I own a SHE Gunbuster Club"! so far we are the only 2 :lol:

Anyway, about the SOC, I'm definitely picking up at least 2, one for robot mode and one for Ship mode.

Thanks for the pic Dangard Ace!

SOC Gunbuster is supposed to be 30cm.

Thanks should go to Bizzio of Robot Japan forums. He somehow manages to get the new SOC/SIC scans first.

Where did you place your preorder? I need to do that myself.

I ordered mine from Amenbo, not everyone knows them but I've been buying toys from them for some time now and they never dissapoint.

http://www.amenbo.com/toj.html

Go to super robots in the drop down list and then at bottom right of the page is the pre-order menu.

You need to sign up for a membership but it's free and relatively painless, bar a little engrish here and there.

They've got one pre-order slot open at the moment but have been putting more up when they run out. I missed the first batch and had to wait weeks before I could get my order in.

I think he can't accept it as a sequel to gunbuster. :p

I on the other hand don't' mind it too much. What i thought could've made it much better are the re-inclusion of science lessons. They could tell what are the new buster machines about, why do they have to be awakened, etc. What are the topless exactly and how their powers manipulate ether. Much of this are left unexplained making Top 2 feel more shallow compared to Top 1.

Okay so let's talk sequel/prequel that might make it a Top triology. I'm thinking they can make a whole series surrounding Dix-Neuf (Buster Machine 19) and how he got the horn stuck on his right eye, who was the previous pilot that left a scrawling behind an ancient part of the armour, how it lost its left hand, etc. In the last episode, it fights alongside Buster Machine 7 which ends up getting stuck in a comet. Great script huh? :lol:

jk

I'm pretty late to the "Gunbuster party," only just having seen the original about two years ago when I stumbled across a torrent for it, but in spite of that I can appreciate its place in the pantheon of classic 80's anime. But that last episode of Gunbuster 2.....just wasn't very good. At all. Were I as big a fan as Noriko, I'd easily be just as disappointed.

It's about time. Though with Ani-magic coming up, I don't know when I'll be able to watch it. I've only seen the first four, and four was RAW. So I'll probably rewatch the series from the beginning.

Maybe I'll watch it on the 5+ hour roadtrip down. Though i do want to finish Z Gundam, and have plenty of new Cobra.

I definitely need o get a job for the season if I want t get the SOC soon.

I'm pretty late to the "Gunbuster party," only just having seen the original about two years ago when I stumbled across a torrent for it, but in spite of that I can appreciate its place in the pantheon of classic 80's anime. But that last episode of Gunbuster 2.....just wasn't very good. At all. Were I as big a fan as Noriko, I'd easily be just as disappointed.

Well to be honest it's not terrible far reaching to say that the artist involved inately biased everyones opinion of the first one, especially since these forums have your basic shrine set-up for both of the Macross Mecha designers. ;)

But story-wise GB2 has always been weak with a C- level of anime quality, but what made it not really GB is the lack of consistancy and it's fad-based reliance on insanity style anime. And I liked GB2, but when your covering old territory any freshness of story universe is lost and that really hurts unless you make it unique, which GB2 really never did.