Chance of a Phalanx AND a Spartan

ff95gj

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm already convinced I'm going to make myself a kit, even if this one comes out. I already bought an extra Defender and unless the Yamato kit is super inexpensive, which I doubt, I don't want to buy another HDP set. as purty as they are.

• 3 months later...

Do you SERIOUSLY need both a Tomahawk and Defender to make the Phalanx??

I highly doubted you'd need an existing one - figured for sure it would be a complete kit.

But you need to sacrifice 2 existing Destroids?

And what about weathered version? Think they might release a weathered Phalanx kit too?

In that scenario -- you'd need a reg Defender and weathered Tomahawk to complete it?

This article says it will still have the ABS and diecast lower legs.

Gotta chillax, guys. It's allllllllllllright.

Now - hang on a second. Last night on my iPhone I saw on MW it would take 2 existing roids to make this work - now I can't find where I saw that.

VF5 - Are you saying you think it will be a complete kit??

Don't make me post a pic of how two destroids would make a Phalanx! It was never confirmed by Yamato what the final form of this release... We've only heard that it would be a partial kit... I bet they'll package legs like the build your own VF-1 kits Now seriously Yamato, I want a lighter and dark blue kits, pretty please!

I have only heard it to be a hybrid kit... as in ABS + HDP(or resin) kit.

However,it is a good marketing move to clear the existing stocks on the market for the other 2 destroids. Imagine needing the 2 existing ones to complete the 3rd one. Stocks for the remaining Defenders and Tomahawks will be gone in a flash!

:D Sorry guys. Remember yesterday's date?

And yes. It looks like the kit will come with the necessary plastic parts.

OH NO WAY ---- HA! You got me. And I am so glad that was a friggin joke.

I started pricing a few more destroids for the parts and I was just sick thinking about the total cost...

PHEW

Edited by DarrinG

OH NO WAY ---- HA! You got me. And I am so glad that was a friggin joke.

I started pricing a few more destroids for the parts and I was just sick thinking about the total cost...

PHEW

You and me both! I was already contacting eBay sellers asking them what kind of deal they could give me if I bought both Destroids from them...HAHA!

Good one, Alex!!!

Yamato will of course include the optional 'looking everywhere at once' blue head too right?

Does that mean you're getting more than one kit? I guess your saving money from havin to buy those other destroids. Lol.

• 1 month later...

No further news on Phalanx yet, but guess who is coming next?

The Spartan.....

Excellent! :D Thanks for the news. :)

Has it been confirmed who the manufacturer is? Last I heard there was some doubt as to weather it is Yamato... And I don't know anything about Macross Entertainment Factory... :unsure:

Edited by Tober

• 2 weeks later...