1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

I'd be fine if it was say, tampo-printed but unassembled, kinda like the VF-1 "kits". A bit of time with a screwdriver to save some money would be good, assuming this is going to already the most expensive valk ever or something. (depends on how much of the price of a Yammie is actually assembly work)

To be fair, he's only right about the "web exclusive" part..... so far. :ph34r:

I highly, HIGHLY doubt it's going to be a painted and assembled toy. And the way I see it, if it's made from pre-colored ABS plastic and diecast (regardless of whether or not it comes in kit form), it's going to cost at least $600+ (and that's before shipping/middleman services).

So the way I see it we're either going to end up paying out the nose, ass and every other orifice or we're getting an unpainted single color resin kit.

Does anyone know how to create a poll? I tried but must be doing something wrong......Yamato needs to know what we want from a VF-4G release....Toy or Kit....

I for one want a kit.............

We know they pay attention to this board (either directly or via Graham)...... :rolleyes:

I think it should be a LE Toy. Like the Low Vis 1/48. Most people don't have time or skill to build kits and they will be angry.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Of course those, but I always recall them as being the "most pastel" of all the valks in the game. If people think their VF-22's were "pale", they haven't seen their VF-4's. And if it's molded in white to start with---nope.

(they were also extremely boring, having almost no accent color---like they were simply dumped in a big bucket of paint, and that was the entire paint job) M&M valks need stripes, preferably white ones.

Ok just for the record here are the three Macross M3 VF-4s in game

post-1819-0-44512200-1325043383_thumb.jpg

Milia

post-1819-0-23448500-1325043374_thumb.jpg

Max

post-1819-0-63463300-1325043364_thumb.jpg

Moaramia da yooooooo~

I highly, HIGHLY doubt it's going to be a painted and assembled toy. And the way I see it, if it's made from pre-colored ABS plastic and diecast (regardless of whether or not it comes in kit form), it's going to cost at least $600+ (and that's before shipping/middleman services).

So the way I see it we're either going to end up paying out the nose, ass and every other orifice or we're getting an unpainted single color resin kit.

what he said. I'm out on this one.

the question is.. how much.. !!! i hope it' will be under 250

Considering the latest price points for the 19 and 17, I wouldn't be surprised if this is $300+ especially if it is a toy and not a kit.

I will wait for more information. The VF-4 isn't something I really ever wanted, so we'll see how it looks.

Considering the latest price points for the 19 and 17, I wouldn't be surprised if this is $300+ especially if it is a toy and not a kit.

I will wait for more information. The VF-4 isn't something I really ever wanted, so we'll see how it looks.

And think about this for a second. The VF-19's, at ¥19,800 MSRP, has 4 Mass releases to spread it's development and production costs out over. The VF-4 is getting one run that will be a fraction The size of any given VF-19 production run.

And think about this for a second. The VF-19's, at ¥19,800 MSRP, has 4 Mass releases to spread it's development and production costs out over. The VF-4 is getting one run that will be a fraction The size of any given VF-19 production run.

Yeah. I think my estimate is probably on the conservative side if this is going to be a completed toy.

I highly, HIGHLY doubt it's going to be a painted and assembled toy.

So do I, but I'm just trying to separate the facts from the speculation before we enter page 100 of this thread and people are still "OMG I don't have $5,000 and/or modelling skills to make this AAAaaargh!!" It seems we won't actually *know* anything else until February.

FACT: Perfect Transformation VF-4G. Yamato Webstore Exclusive.

That's all folks :p

I think it should be a LE Toy. Like the Low Vis 1/48. Most people don't have time or skill to build kits and they will be angry.

The LowViz was "limited" in the sense that they never planned to make a second run. In terms of numbers, they were not rare at all. In fact, I would hazard a guess and say that they were probably more numerous than some of the production runs of the newer valks,... But then 2003 was an entirely different toy market than 2011/2012...

Felt like Christmas this morning while waiting for the annoucement.

But now it's more like judgment day, right? :p

Does anyone know how to create a poll? I tried but must be doing something wrong......Yamato needs to know what we want from a VF-4G release....Toy or Kit....

I for one want a kit.............

We know they pay attention to this board (either directly or via Graham)...... :rolleyes:

Poll added!!!

Crap, if i knew this was how yamato was going to announce it i probably would have blabbed about it earlier. I hadn't heard they weregoing web exclusive... But i bet that holds true for their next exciting tidbit as well. I was under the impression this was going to be an assembled toy but i didn't think to ask for clarification.

Well, I'm disappointed, but not surprised. I'd love if it were a toy, but so far, history has shown that new Yamato web exclusive designs are HDP kits, hasn't it? Has Yamato ever issued a web exclusive fully assembled toy that wasn't just a repaint (e.g. all the weathered versions) ? So, I'm expecting another HDP. If so, it might just be my first, depending on the price. Not willing to put out Regult prices for something I have to build and finish myself, especially (as David noted) since transformation will wreak havoc on the paint job. Since I'm primarily a fighter-mode enthusiast, if it's too pricey I'll just stick with my 1/72 resin kits.

I think the poll is far too simple considering how many different ways Yamato has released things the past couple years. Hand-drilled resin kit vs "unassembled injection-molded v2 VF-1" are very different things, but would be the same option in this poll.

And of course, there's the issue of "preferred" vs "acceptable if it'll lower the price by $100 or $200" I think we all want an assembled, painted toy like most valks, but if that'll cost $600, vs "screw it together yourself for $400 or paint and glue it yourself for $200..."