New game project coming in 2013. Macross 30. Name is tentative. No details on game type or platform. Apparently Minmay is in it and the other characters 'meet' her somehow. All dialogue has already been recorded.

UPDATE: ANN has the games tentative logo graphic:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2012-09-21/namco-bandai-games-to-release-macross-30-in-2013

Edited by azrael

At last, I've been waiting for this for ages!

Hope we'll have complete information soon, those far-too-short macross' games on PS3 couldn't stay "unfinished".

I own a PS3 but I really hope this game will be cross-platform so that Xbox owners can for once, get a Macross title.

Doesn't look like it's an Artdink but well, that's good news anyway, it's raining here and I'm off to work with a big smile on my face ^_^

I own a PS3 but I really hope this game will be cross-platform so that Xbox owners can for once, get a Macross title.

Yes that's totally going to happen with the way the 360 has failed miserably in Japan.

Doesn't look like it's an Artdink but well, that's good news anyway, it's raining here and I'm off to work with a big smile on my face ^_^

There's few companies I would trust to make a Macross game other than Artdink lately besides From Software. There have been countless developers for Gundam games and most of them have turned out to be horrible.

Yes that's totally going to happen with the way the 360 has failed miserably in Japan.

Agreed, there will never be a Macross game on the 360 unfortunately.

There's few companies I would trust to make a Macross game other than Artdink lately besides From Software. There have been countless developers for Gundam games and most of them have turned out to be horrible.

I actually thought that the Sega/AM2 game controlled better than the Artdink ones. And after three games in the PSP series, I personally am more than ready for a new take on Macross in videogame form.

Edited by Tochiro

I will purchase whatever console this is on as soon as it's released. Shame there are no new Macross PC games though

Not to sound like a broken record but theres even less of a PC gaming scene in Japan than a 360. Telling someone you like PC games is the equivalent of saying you play hentai games all day and will get you some strange looks.

VO was the exception to the rule and we will unlikely see the likes of it ever again Im afraid.

Agreed, there will never be a Macross game on the 360 unfortunately.

I actually thought that the Sega/AM2 game controlled better than the Artdink ones. And after three games in the PSP series, I personally am more than ready for a new take on Macross in videogame form.

I disagree, the sega game played a lot slower, and space orientation was a bit funky. The artdink engine is solid, dynamic, and fun. I see no reason to change a working formula.

I disagree, the sega game played a lot slower, and space orientation was a bit funky. The artdink engine is solid, dynamic, and fun. I see no reason to change a working formula.

No argument from me that it played slower. I liked it better that way. Certainly felt more in line with the speed of battles in SDFM IMO. But to each their own and all that.

I hope the new game has some actual dogfighting and I hope they give each valkyrie configuration a specific function. It seems as though the PSP games consisted of A) get missile lock then B) circle around target and fire missiles until destroyed. They also need to get rid of the infinity ammo.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope the new game has some actual dogfighting and I hope they give each valkyrie configuration a specific function. It seems as though the PSP games consisted of A) get missile lock then B) circle around target and fire missiles until destroyed. They also need to get rid of the infinity ammo.

Gundam SEED Battle Destiny already played with the idea of getting rid of infinite ammo. Not sure if like...

Seems like nothing more than a PS3 version of the PSP titles, that's pretty lame. Hopefully those images are just the prototype and not what we'll actually get graphics wise cause those look horrible. Animated portions look nice, but the graphics are so PSone-ish.