Macross Trial Frontier for PS3

Dash

Just spent another two hours trying to get gold on that last mission. Gotta be deep in the S... thought I finished pretty quick... tried again and had my armor blown off my Lucas's ghosts, which meant it took forever to take out Ozma.

The last mission is actually pretty easy. Like I said, choose Luca, put him in Klan Klan's VF-25S, and use the armored pack. For most of the mission, make sure you have the single lock missiles equipped, and keep boosting in fighter while taking out the cannon fodder VF-25's oen by one (again, use the single lock missiles). Since you've chosen Luca, your first ace will be Klan Klan (charge & missile spam her), Michel (SP attack him since you don't want to get caught in his SP attack), Alto (if you have 2 full SP attacks, then go at him, otherwise missiel spam him), and Ozma (SP attack, then run since he'll retalliate, then finish him-off with whatever your best leftover attack is, be it a second SP, missiles, or if you're feeling brave, go at him in battroid with the gunpod).

You should make it through with your armor intact, and get the SS.

Now the mission before that, the Vajra onslought one, that I can't seem to SS rank no matter what I try. One time I even froze the game trying to multi-lock, gunpod, SP, & quick target switch through the whole thing. Though that may be beccause I was also using the custom soundtrack option.

That's the atmosphere one? How many trophies you have? I'm missing two... I thought one was SS on the last mission and the last was SS on all...

That's the atmosphere one? How many trophies you have? I'm missing two... I thought one was SS on the last mission and the last was SS on all...

I'm just missing the trophy for SS on all. And yeah, it's the atmosphere one.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a little confused, even after reading through this thread. Are we talking about a mini-game that's included with the Blu-ray release of the Macross F movie, or are we talking about a full game that has/has not been released, a demo of which was included with the Blu-ray?

I'm a little confused, even after reading through this thread. Are we talking about a mini-game that's included with the Blu-ray release of the Macross F movie, or are we talking about a full game that has/has not been released, a demo of which was included with the Blu-ray?

It's included with the movie Blu-ray.

It's possibly a demo of a full game that is currently in development, although I don't think it has ever been confirmed in writting that this is actually the case, although we all think and hope it is. It doesn't make sense for them to develop the demo version if they are not going to turn it into a full game.

Graham

If the full game does become a reality, I hope we get a PSP2 version as well (or instead of). I have far more time for mobile gaming than I do console gaming.

Graham

Agreed, a multi-platform (cross compatable), or NGP release would be perfect.

Home gaming works better for me at the moment, and there's also the fact that I already own a PS3 and probably won't buy an NGP/PSP2, at least, not for awhile.

On the other hand, import games are expensive enough for handhelds...

This is just a hi-res PS3 port of the existing games. The only question will be how many hi def models they'll do. Depending how much they want to count on DLC/PSN versus sequels, they already have a path to follow. Hoping for at least Mac II and Mac 7 as well as the Mac F stuff in high def. Don't have a PSP, but thinking I'll get a PSP3000 on the cheap or just wait for the NGP depending if there's a Macross game or not.

If they do DLC, hopefully it'll be the same way they did for ACE-R, just a quicker way to unlock something. Since full DLC would bone U.S. PSN accounts. As for how many hi-res models, the simple answer is "all of them." The VF-25 was beautiful in that demo, and every other valkyrie (except for the Metal Siren) will be equally beautiful. Dude, the wing lights!

• 4 months later...

If they do DLC, hopefully it'll be the same way they did for ACE-R, just a quicker way to unlock something. Since full DLC would bone U.S. PSN accounts. As for how many hi-res models, the simple answer is "all of them." The VF-25 was beautiful in that demo, and every other valkyrie (except for the Metal Siren) will be equally beautiful. Dude, the wing lights!

Can anyone answer these questions:?

1. Is this a port of MUF or MUT or something new?

2. How many missions are there?

3. Is it worth it? How much time did you spend passing all the missions?

Thanks.

Can anyone answer these questions:?

1. Is this a port of MUF or MUT or something new?

2. How many missions are there?

3. Is it worth it? How much time did you spend passing all the missions?

Thanks.

The primary reason for purchasing should definately be to watch Itsuwari no Utahime, awesome movie, but no subtitles. Trial Frontier is nothing more than a quick (but beautiful) demo of what MUF/MTF would look like on the PS3. The only selectable mecha are VF-25 varients, a Quadran Rhea, & Large Vadjra. There are only 4-5 missions (plus hard versions of the same missions) which are all space/sky based missions. So if you're purchasing it just for the game factor, you'd probably want to wait to see if they make a complete version at some point. If you're interested in the movie, then the demo is an awesome extra.

The primary reason for purchasing should definately be to watch Itsuwari no Utahime, awesome movie, but no subtitles. Trial Frontier is nothing more than a quick (but beautiful) demo of what MUF/MTF would look like on the PS3. The only selectable mecha are VF-25 varients, a Quadran Rhea, & Large Vadjra. There are only 4-5 missions (plus hard versions of the same missions) which are all space/sky based missions. So if you're purchasing it just for the game factor, you'd probably want to wait to see if they make a complete version at some point. If you're interested in the movie, then the demo is an awesome extra.

Thanks Keith. I've already DL'd the BD of the movie so I guess its a bit of a waste getting it again without subs.

Thanks Keith. I've already DL'd the BD of the movie so I guess its a bit of a waste getting it again without subs.

Unless of course you want ot support the release of what you DL'd.... :)

Edited by Keith

PSP2 is that the PS Vita in the US?

http://us.playstatio...svita/features/

Yup, I've started calling it the PSV for short. But it's looking more & more like a PS3/PSV cross compatable save file sharing uber beautiful Macross(insiert title)Frontier game could be a reality. If it were a launch game, even more awesome. That would totally justify the purchase of the already reasonably priced Vita.

• 2 weeks later...

I have at least S or SS ranks in all 12 missions.

How come I'm only at 61% trophy completion? :lol:

Because you're a lying cheater who lies & cheats. NOBODY has ever SS ranked the atmospheric Vajra onslaught mission. And if you have, then HTF did you do it? As for why you don't have the last trophy, you need to have them all SS ranked in the same sitting in order to get it.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi. I know this is an old post, but I had this game gathering dust on my shelf for quite a few years, and I decided to give it another try. I still get confused a lot trying to understand what's going on onscreen. Is there a way to lock the camera behind the vf? As it was in VFX2 and the PS2 game?

I'd appreciate any help about this, because so far I just shoot everywhere and suddenly get a message about mission clear or something like that.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...