Bargh. Brain melted.

Multiplayer got up to Lvl 18 Infiltrator. pretty much maxed the relevant skills, only the Cryo blast isn't in play and the grenades are still mid level.

For those going into multiplayer, using basic equipment is ok, you can get by. I'm running a Mantis II with a clip module, and the bonuses I get allow me to pretty much one-shot the grunts with a body shot (or a knee shot). Bigger bosses you can't deal with one shot anyway, so not a big issue. Hopefully I can pick up more Mantis and mods. Should run with only the rifle, as the cooldown bonus is nearly 80%, which at high cloak levels means the infiltrator basically can spend most of the game cloaked.

Gotten an Incisor I and Viper II. Both are too low damage for my liking, need multiple shots to bring down a grunt. The Incisor is very good against armoured targets though, especially the Reaper tanker. Of the two, hope to upgrade the Viper; right now the damage is just too low, but the ability to fire multiple shots while scoped is very useful. Seen Widows in action, but to be honest not impressed -- overkill.

For multiplayers, the maps are fairly ok but each has a unique point which is good for the team. Fire Base Giant on Tuchanka, for example, has this spot at the corner L-corridor near the entry point which is idea for snipers, and good for the whole team in general because it has access to long fire corridors, but still provide cover for the team.

Do bear in mind each mission has 11 stages, with the last one being an extraction timer countdown. you don't *need* to all rush to the extraction point when the timer starts, you just need to be in it when the timer ends. So leading the whole enemy pack in a wild goose chase while keeping an eye on the timer is always a possibility -- I've setup a crossfire with my sniper across the extraction point and picked off a good number of things. That lightens the load at the end. This is good as there is a substantial bonus when the entire team is extracted, and should always aim for it.

Also, at least 1 to 3 of the stages would require you to go out of your bunker to either hold another position, or to run around activating 4 points in sequence (no, you can't skip). This is where speed and infilitrators come in -- the faster you lock off the points or start the timer at the countdown zone, the faster it would be over and then you can mop up the opponents. For holding a point, an infiltrator can get there fast but it's way better for the entire time to pop into the zone, since the timer is modified for the number of players in the zone.

For the point activation, see if you have a high level infilitrator on the team and send him/ her on the way. Their cloak if maxed out can hide them for almost the entire duration and their shields should absorb the rest. The rest of the team will just be a distraction and draw the enemy away. Works quite well, really. If the infiltrator is too busy trying to be hero and hold off the rest of the world... guy's playing the wrong class. :lol:

Of the whole thing, I just dislike the poor connectivity I'm having, which wastes a number of games, and the random lucky draw nature of the parts. Overall the multiplayer experience has been quite good for me.

I beat the game last night using my Paragon Shepard that dates back to ME1 (I have a Renegade one as well that I have yet to play in ME3). I got to view all three of the "best" endings by getting my total military strength up around 7,200 (which is about as high as you can go), and my effective military strength over 5,000 (through multiplayer). That 5,000 effective stat is key; though, as I understand it 4,000 may work as well, it's just slightly less forgiving if you make some bad choices at the end. As far as I know, there is no other way to view the best endings (regardless of what Bioware says). Bioware may view the 2,800 ending as the best (it's listed as "Green" in the spoiler section bellow), but I am not sure I feel that way.

Also, something I'd like to let everyone know up front: your choices in the first two games have little-to-no impact on the end of the game. You can come into ME3 having never played the earlier two and still get one of the three best endings.

There are some 17 possible endings to ME3 (of which there are three "best"), though they only have three main variances:

Based around the three actors at the end: Shepard, Anderson, and the Illusive Man

Imported saves from the previous game and New Game+ saves are treated to a secret post-credits scene that takes place sometime in the future.

(though how many years is hard to say--it doesn't feature any characters we know)

The "best" endings are:

Blue (Paragon): Shepard, who is alive, sacrifices himself to meld with the Citadel and its AI consciousness (The Catalyst) to enable him to control the Reapers through the Crucible; all hostilities cease and everyone lives happily ever after. Well, except for Shepard, because you just killed him for the Paragon ending. The Citadel and all Relays are destroyed, and the Normandy crew is stranded on an uncharted world (the secret ending ties directly into their fate).

Red (Renegade): Shepard, who is alive, uses the Crucible to destroy all synthetic life in the galaxy, including the Reapers, the Geth, EDI, and the Catalyst. The Citadel and all Relays are destroyed, and organic life is allowed to continue as is. Shepard amazingly survives the destruction, and we get a brief glimpse of his body in the wreckage on Earth, still breathing. The Normandy crew is again stranded on an uncharted world, with the same connection to the secret ending.

Green (Synthesis Ending): Shepard, who is alive, sacrifices himself to to meld with the Citadel and its AI consciousness (The Catalyst), which leads to the fusion of all synthetic and organic life, creating a new DNA for all life in the galaxy (again, using the Crucible). All hostilities cease and everyone lives happily ever after. Well, except for Shepard, because you just killed him for the this ending. The Citadel and all Relays are destroyed, and the Normandy crew is stranded on an uncharted world (the secret ending ties directly into their fate). The Normandy "organics" are clearly affected by the organic/synthetic combination (it's in their appearance). Again, secret ending ties into this.

What about the other 14 endings? Shepard doesn't survive until the end in many of them; some have the Illusive Man controlling the Reapers and some have Anderson destroying the Reapers. There are a bunch of ways it can play out, obviously.

Which ending is "the best" is highly subjective. I'm not even sure which I am partial to.

Minus a few missteps, I loved the hell out of ME3. I wish the ending gave more answers (i.e. backstory), but it was a hell of an adventure with some truly epic moments.

Well I achieved the first of the 2nd of the 3 endings that Duke typed there although My Shepard did not survive. The three seen getting off the ship were Joker, Garrus and Javik

I'm not sure how i feel about the endings suggested. The after the credits part helped a little but... I dunno. I feel left without answers I spose.

Not sure if/when I'll play my next Shep.

Talking of the Multiplayer impact on the story, I'm happy to report that I have achieved the Defender award -- 100% in all sectors. All without stepping a single step into the single player campaign. :lol:

Also gotten Mail Slot achievement. That is to say, I delivered enough heavy mail to Cerberus Guardians through their mail box. Not say it's super difficult (you do need to have patience and somewhat cooperative teammates), but there are easier ways to kill Guardians....

"I was a Cerberus Guardian too, until I took a sniper shot to the knee." :lol:

EDIT: Just want to say -- I played an infiltrator so long, now that my MP'filtrator is close to the level cap, I am looking to use another class. But I really, really can't see how other classes can survive without the "cheat mode" cloak. :lol:

Anyone has any idea what role should a Sentinel perform? Want to roll up a Krogan, so it's either a Soldier or a Sentinel. Either way he's likely to end up with either a Claymore or a Geth shotgun.

Also, what does the Turian Marksman skill do? I might roll up a Turian just to try out a Revenant on him.

Edited by Lynx7725

Be careful when you import your save files from 2 to 3. I saved everyone in 2 and then played another from my savepoint at the end of the game again to mess around. Tali got waxed and I didnt think anything of it. Now I'm halfway through 3 and I noticed Tali is on the Wall of Shame by Kaiden on the ship.

Edited by Benson13

I'm looking for some friends to play multiplayer ME3 with. My Origin ID is oneklump.

Hit me up with a friend request, I'd love to have some decent peeps to fight with!

I have to say, the level of stupidity surrounding the discussion online over the ending is staggering. If you didn't get it, that's fine, we'll talk about it and explain it. If you didn't like it because you wanted/expected something different, that's fine, to each their own. But if you hate it and think it's stupid because you don't understand it, well, you're just an effing moron.

Do I personally like the ending(s)? Yes. Do I have any issues with the ending(s)? Yes.

Per my previous post, I think I prefer the "Red" ending over the "Blue" and the "Green," simply because of my time invested in this series. It doesn't really fit in with my Paragon Shepard, but it gives me the final scene I want. That said, Bioware is on the record as saying that Shepard's story is over, and any new games set in that universe will not involve him.

Well just rolled a Turian Soldier. Slapped a Revenant on him and pointed him to the door. Wasn't too bad, definitely different. Marksman's effect is not as great as I thought but still visible; Concussion shot is way more tactical. Still so long as I use the Revenant to support my teammates properly, it's good.. the firepower is quite interesting. On White, it was really cool to start from the far end and methodologically sweep the downstairs area with the MG, one area at a time.

My human infilitrator is now Level 20 -- did a very good Reactor/ Reaper run, the team was really good. Asari Adept to lock down the Banshees, couple of infiltrators, plus one "other". Generally knew what they were doing and had the right tools to do the job against Banshees and Ravagers and what's the big tank? Good to see a good crew at work, good to level to max with that crew. Won't be promoting her anytime soon -- want to unlock her customization first -- but eventually, yah. Also just gotten Mantis VII. Mantis V with Barrel I and IIRC Clip 3 was crazy -- 22 shots and can bodyshot grunts, cloak headshot mid-levels, and quite good against the big bosses -- can't wait to try out Mantis VII.

I have to say, the level of stupidity surrounding the discussion online over the ending is staggering. If you didn't get it, that's fine, we'll talk about it and explain it. If you didn't like it because you wanted/expected something different, that's fine, to each their own. But if you hate it and think it's stupid because you don't understand it, well, you're just an effing moron.

Do I personally like the ending(s)? Yes. Do I have any issues with the ending(s)? Yes.

Per my previous post, I think I prefer the "Red" ending over the "Blue" and the "Green," simply because of my time invested in this series. It doesn't really fit in with my Paragon Shepard, but it gives me the final scene I want. That said, Bioware is on the record as saying that Shepard's story is over, and any new games set in that universe will not involve him.

OK, if u like the ending that's fine, but I didn't. Its not that I don't understand it, it's that I didn't like it. there are some very valid and tragic and whatever reasons to do what they did, but that doesn't mean I have to go along with it. And after the time and money I have spent on the games and DLC, and the 100 + hours i put into the series I'm well within my rights to not like the ending if i don't feel its up to scratch.

Many people hated the end.

Well, in my view, if you explain the thing loses focus.

I consider this one of the best sci-fi rpg of the decade.

And even there to bid for the homo-affair that Sherpard have. This does not affect at all the character's motivations.

Edited by Old_Nash

OK, if u like the ending that's fine, but I didn't. Its not that I don't understand it, it's that I didn't like it. there are some very valid and tragic and whatever reasons to do what they did, but that doesn't mean I have to go along with it. And after the time and money I have spent on the games and DLC, and the 100 + hours i put into the series I'm well within my rights to not like the ending if i don't feel its up to scratch.

I'm cool with that. Again, it's not how I would have ended the Shepard trilogy, but I don't hate it. My biggest issue with it is the plot hole that involves the

Normandy traveling between over the Relay.

It's like there is a missing scene somewhere.

I'm cool with that. Again, it's not how I would have ended the Shepard trilogy, but I don't hate it. My biggest issue with it is the plot hole that involves the

Normandy traveling between over the Relay.

It's like there is a missing scene somewhere.

I'm okay with the Normandy being in relay transit, my problem is how did any of Shepard's crew get on the Normandy? They were all on the ground in London last time I saw them. And for my personal ending, the two crew members that stepped out also happened to be the two members I took with me to assault the tower. How did they survive Harbinger's attack, let alone get picked up Joker?

Having said that, after sitting with the ending... I like it. I have problems with the ending but I'm okay with it. I think it was very "true" to the themes setup in the games.

I'm okay with the Normandy being in relay transit, my problem is how did any of Shepard's crew get on the Normandy? They were all on the ground in London last time I saw them. And for my personal ending, the two crew members that stepped out also happened to be the two members I took with me to assault the tower. How did they survive Harbinger's attack, let alone get picked up Joker?

Having said that, after sitting with the ending... I like it. I have problems with the ending but I'm okay with it. I think it was very "true" to the themes setup in the games.

I agree. One thing that puzzles me is why some people see

Shepard breathing scene

during the Red ending, and some don't. I saw it when I played out all three endings on my Paragon male Shep (though only during the Red ending), but it seems many don't.

I hate being stuck at work right now. All I want to do is open the spoilers and see what you guys are talking about. Can someone give me a mission name for a good spot to save to get the various endings?

I think I might be about 3/4ths of the way through the game right now. I just picked up Legion and doing his Geth quests.

I agree. One thing that puzzles me is why some people see

Shepard breathing scene

during the Red ending, and some don't. I saw it when I played out all three endings on my Paragon male Shep (though only during the Red ending), but it seems many don't.

apparently you need to have some specific war readiness score (or whatever it's called) and have either or a new+ or an imported shepard. I'm not sure what the magic number is because I didn't get that last scene either when I did the red ending.

I hate being stuck at work right now. All I want to do is open the spoilers and see what you guys are talking about. Can someone give me a mission name for a good spot to save to get the various endings?

I think I might be about 3/4ths of the way through the game right now. I just picked up Legion and doing his Geth quests.

Key save points I recommend:

1. Before the "Geth Reaper Base" mission on the Quarian homeworld. Its boss battle is really fun and its followed by pivotal choice for recruiting the Geth, Quraian, or best case scenario both fleets. Very useful if you want to put the effort into adjusting the strength of your fleet for reclaiming Earth for the different outcomes.

2, Before "Assaulting the Illusive Man's HQ." Once you decide to emark on this mission there is no going back to the Citadel or any side missions.

3. Lastly the Game will make an autosave when you face Harbringer on Earth (you will know the moment when you see it), but not allow a manual save. From this autosave you can replay through the final 5 minutes of gameplay and take the blue,red, and green options to see the 3 different final outcomes.

#Note: in order for the Green ending to even be option though you have to have a strong fleet from scanning war assets and/or multiplayer. I have read that "Effective military strength" of at least 2801 is the magic number for enabling the Green ending. Haven't verified it for myself yet though.

apparently you need to have some specific war readiness score (or whatever it's called) and have either or a new+ or an imported shepard. I'm not sure what the magic number is because I didn't get that last scene either when I did the red ending.

Its the "Effective Military Strength" and from what I read on GameFAQs.com the magic number is 4001+ to see Shepard survive. .

That "fun" boss battle irritated the hell out of me. Stupid curving lasers.

I'm not at the end yet, but I was curious, are the endings simply picked by a dialouge choice? I'm up to 5000+ so I guess I met the requirements for the Green ending.

That "fun" boss battle irritated the hell out of me. Stupid curving lasers.

I'm not at the end yet, but I was curious, are the endings simply picked by a dialouge choice? I'm up to 5000+ so I guess I met the requirements for the Green ending.

What was the difficulty level? I played on normal and the lasers never curved on me.

Sort of. There will be some dialogue and color coded "what if flashbacks." Then the last playable moment for deciding which color coded object you want Shepard to interact with.

just an FYI, ME3 has a lot of conversation that follows the ME2 DLC character conversation models... no dialog tree, you just click on them and they say something interesting but keep clicking on them till they tell you to go away or start repeating themselves because there's a lot of conversations that go on and you'll miss it if you just click once and walk away

From the official Mass Effect twitter

On the ending: "if the fans knew what was in store, the reaction would be different."

On your save game: "We're keeping our saves, that's for sure."

okay... i'm fine with the day 1 DLC, cuz it was basically fanservice. I'm fine with the ending, because I think it fits with the theme of the series. I'm fine with most of the choices being window dressing. I'm NOT okay with the idea of having to pay for the "real" ending, if that's what that tweet is getting at.

If ME4 is going to pick up where 3 left off, I'll be there. But if there's a "shepard wakes up" DLC coming out in 6 months... frak that.

Edited by eugimon