Wonderfest 2012 in Louisville KY

Hello all,

Been going to Wonderfest for the last few years now and I have met a lot of members there. Thor and I will be in the dealers room again this year and I thought it might be a good idea to have some kind of get together for Macross World members. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I am going, I have gone the last few years, but really don't know jack-squat about the area, but I'm up for something, even if it's just a get together at the hotel restaurant/bar or room party. I am going to get off my buttand make a pledge to enter a Macross kit in the model contest this year.

Edited by Ghadrack

A MidWest Macross meetup sounds great. I used to go to cons when guests of honor were anime legends like Kawamori. I could enjoy a day of nostalgia within driving distance (northern Ohio guy).

I don't collect much or do more than lurk these days, but I could bring a few bits related to the Macross creators. That, and a 99% life size stand-in for event photos ^_^

swimlynn.jpg

lol :)

It is a pretty low key con. Unless things have changed, you don't buy memberships in advance, you book a room and memberships go on sale Friday night between 5 and 8.

I have been going to cons for 20 years this one for the last 3 or 4, Wonderfest is my current fave, it is low key, more focussed on one subject (models) and not as cluttered with tens of thousands of stupid people, it also draws a little older crowd so you don't have the big contingent of bored frat boys looking to get trashed and break things that most huge cons have. The events are all usually pretty darn fun too.

Well I just got some bad News. My sister had to change her wedding plans and guess what? She picked wonderfest weekend. So it really bums me out that I can't go. But Thor will still be at our table with some of my macross goodies and his as well. Well there is always next year!

Well I just got some bad News. My sister had to change her wedding plans and guess what? She picked wonderfest weekend. So it really bums me out that I can't go. But Thor will still be at our table with some of my macross goodies and his as well. Well there is always next year!

Did you ask her if she understands how selfish she's being? If that fails there's always the 50% of marriages end in divorce, so I'll just go to your next one angle. I've tried both with friends and they're not guaranteed to work.

Yup, the con will be there next year, the family event won't. Hope you can make it next time!

Definitely let us know if you end up going next year Exo, There are several memebers of Macrossworld and even more RPF'ers that go every year, I've met up with dozens of people I've talked to on the boards at them.

Edited by Ghadrack

• 2 weeks later...

Last year was my first time and I've got my room set for this year. I'm new/old (40) getting back into models, so I'm hitting the sci-fi U on friday to learn some new skills.

I think meeting up's a great idea. The stuff you guys put up is amazing and it would be nice to actually meet up in person.

• 1 month later...

i'll be there.. probably just for one day.. driving down there and back. BTW they sell tickets at the entrance right?

Yeah, it's a funny con, they actually don't do pre-registrations, you buy your tickets at the door. Unless they move the ticket/registration this year it is always set up right across the hall from the dealers room entrance so you can't miss it.