Transformers Super Thread 9

eriku

So far I've bought 3 DOTM toys, bumblebee, Voyager Prime and Megatron. Bee I'm okay with, his car mode is nice to look at, and has some good color apps but needs improvement to be more accurate to the film (almost done with that!). Prime so far....well...I like him per say cause I never had a Voyager class. He seems very small though in comparison to the old ROTF LC class. But seeing how I wont be buying the Ultra class and there's no LC Megatron coming out (hmmmm) I decided to go with it.

I don't really get the whole solar panel look on the hood, and roof top or the gun. But okay whatever it's not that big of a deal. Megatron though I have no issues with right now but he's still in his box.

just saw this on tfw2005.com:

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=11070

seems like The Ark of DOTM is a FAIL...

Also, I was at Target earlier and they have a couple of Sentinel for like $42.something. Unfortunately, I was quite underwhelmed with it, so I passed. No Shockwave or Thundercracker in sight.

Edited by treatment

just saw this on tfw2005.com:

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=11070

seems like The Ark of DOTM is a FAIL...

How so? It looks pretty good to me as a ship and as a playset. Connects to other bases, comes with a transformable Roller. Seems like a fun addition to the Cyberverse/Legends toys. The guy reviewing it seems to like it.

And it was too good to be true.

Just got an email for the guys saying they don't have it in stock for quite a while, forgot to remove it from the website and are going to refund the cash.

FUUUUUUUUUUUU

So bummed out right now.

By the way... if anyone is looking for a Takara Buster Prime, I ordered one today for $80 from http://www.tf-toys.com

Does anyone has any feedback from this retailer?

How so? It looks pretty good to me as a ship and as a playset. Connects to other bases, comes with a transformable Roller. Seems like a fun addition to the Cyberverse/Legends toys. The guy reviewing it seems to like it.

Yeah it looks pretty cool and really reminds me of the old Micro Master sets.

I see your DOTM and raise with a leader SS next to a 1/48 Yammie.

More pictures here

Awesome2 !

Heh, initially... this Dark of the Moon toyline seemed underwhelming, but I'm warming up to it quickly now.

Despite size decrease, even lesser paint apps and Mech Tech, this toyline is really fun.

DOTM Megatron proves to be quite elusive around here, but I must have him. The new tankertruck mode looks brilliant

and the integration of his MechTech weapon as a part of the tanker is genius.

Awesome2 !

Heh, initially... this Dark of the Moon toyline seemed underwhelming, but I'm warming up to it quickly now.

Despite size decrease, even lesser paint apps and Mech Tech, this toyline is really fun.

DOTM Megatron proves to be quite elusive around here, but I must have him. The new tankertruck mode looks brilliant

and the integration of his MechTech weapon as a part of the tanker is genius.

Yeah, I think he vary well may be the best toy of the currently available DotM toys. The Vehicle mode is frankly amazing, everything comes together so well and the fact that they can get the trailer to articulate while still keeping the legs solid is awesome.

The only problem I have with it is that, while the MechTech gun is cool looking and the single best integrated one of the whole line, it's perhaps the most finicky locking mechanisms.

I also Found a Voyager Shockwave today. I Really like him just because his robot mode is so cool looking, and I just love Shockwave the character, but objectively I think Megatron actually turned out better as a toy. Shockwave might have better legs thanks to bigger feet and ratchet joints in his hips, but his arm is limited and kind of odd compared to Megatron (his shoulder swivel is sticking up at like a 45 degree angle, and it can be angled up even further but not down).

Also, while Shockwave's vehicle mode is solid and works, Megatron's just does more and has the benefit of being an actual vehicle and not just a strange looking space tank.

The One think I will say shockwave wins at is best MechTech weapon. the thing looks huge on him, has great paint apps, locks open solidly, actually integrates into his arm, has a rubber hose, and you can stick his other 5mm peg weapon onto the barrel and give it a giant bayonet. :D

Stopped by Target today to check out what they had. They were decently picked over on the Deluxe size stuff, but they had a lot of voyager stock. Most of it was Prime which looks much much better in person, so much so that I may get him. They also had 1 or 2 Skyhammers as well. So I did pick up one of those as he is really awesome. The head coloring still looks a bit funky to me, but overall he is great and his transformation is pretty clever as well. I'd say he's probably the best helicopter mold to date.

anyone knows the scale (at least approximately) of the new optimus masterpiece???

People have said he's about 1/32 scale, same as the Alternity line. Big optimus was about 1/24 scale which matched the binaltech/alternators. Kind of looks like MP rodimus is also around 1/32, looking at the link below when compared to the binaltech rodimus which is 1/24.

Masterpiece vs Binaltech

People have said he's about 1/32 scale, same as the Alternity line. Big optimus was about 1/24 scale which matched the binaltech/alternators. Kind of looks like MP rodimus is also around 1/32, looking at the link below when compared to the binaltech rodimus which is 1/24.

Masterpiece vs Binaltech

I had no idea he was that tiny. :o

Edited by anime52k8

Any idea when the leader-class Optimus and Megatron are due out?

If you're referring to the DOTM line, there is as yet no confirmation or announcement for a Hasbro Leader class Optimus or Megatron. Takara's releasing a leader class Optimus for DOTM which is slightly retooled from the ROTF leader mold, called Jetwing Optimus--scheduled release is sometime in June or July.