Macross Triangle Frontier

azrael

'This item is not available in your territory'.

I expected as much. CDJapan should do the job.

I was still able to pre order both versions. All it says when I ordered was "In stock on Feb 03, 2011. We do not charge your credit card before pre-orders are being shipped.Not yet published or released"

Playstation Home is a virtual world a bit like Second Life. You make an avatar for yourself and then interact with other avatars in various themed areas, its basically a chat roon with an interactive virtual interface. Lots of game developers make areas based on their games so you can meet up in a Killzone themed space or a Electronic Arts space, often there are mini-games or ways to interact with the different spaces.

To be honest its kinda shite but its free so you cant really complain. Most likely is that this content would be limited to the Japanese version of Home so you would need a Japanese PSN account in order to access it.

Thanks, that clears things up!

Maybe this? :unsure:

Nah, that's just the bonus pack's UMD video content that we've already mentioned.

Is the bonus Video UMD still region locked to Japan like the Ultimate Frontier bonus disc? I hope they drop that, I don't see that it actually serves any purpose.

I doubt they would drop it. It sucks, I know, but most of these decisions are traditionally nonsensical.

I was still able to pre order both versions. All it says when I ordered was "In stock on Feb 03, 2011. We do not charge your credit card before pre-orders are being shipped.Not yet published or released"

Really? Hmm that's interesting. Maybe i'll try.

Huh... A PSP Macross? I was hoping they'd release a full PS3 game instead of PSP. After all, the engine has already been ported over... Granted, the new additions sound interesting, especially the possibility of a Macross II campaign, but PSP? Oh, well...

You make it sound like a Macross game on the PSP hasn't already happened. :p

I know, I know. But what I wanted the most was a PS3 game. The visuals of the Trial Frontier game on the Hybrid Pack look excellent, which makes me think it's quite a waste to leave it as a demo.

Not like it's a bad thing to release another PSP iteration, but that adventure mode they're talking about sounds... weird... Personally, when watching Frontier, the part I didn't find interesting was precisely the school one. If they made a story mode or something that had something to do with the SMS or NUNS, then that'd be something different... But a school?

I carry my PSP when I'm at school to play when I have free time, not to play a game at school in which I am AT a lower grade of school...

Where's the distraction in that? And no, imagining I'm in an aeronautics class doesn't count...

Edited by CrazyMartian

Again, look at the VF-25 in Trial Frontier. That level of detail rendering spread across the ton of mecha is gonna take some serious time to render. Not to mention level building. Another PSP game not only serves to tide us over, but also serves to fund the PS3 game I'm sure. If there isn't one in October, then I'd worry.

I know, I know. But what I wanted the most was a PS3 game. The visuals of the Trial Frontier game on the Hybrid Pack look excellent, which makes me think it's quite a waste to leave it as a demo.

Patience.

As Keith said, the development of a PS3 game is going to take quite a while, just to render the visuals of all the mecha.

I'm sure its coming and we'll likely get it by either the mid or end of 2011.

Graham

Patience.

As Keith said, the development of a PS3 game is going to take quite a while, just to render the visuals of all the mecha.

I'm sure its coming and we'll likely get it by either the mid or end of 2011.

Graham

I sure hope you are right, I just got rid of my PSP! But seriously it's time to see the Macross mecha in all their glory on the PS3

Most of us proberly new there was going to be a full story mode for Macross II this time from the shots,

but the site now has it up!

Can't wait as Macross II was the first time I ever watched macross and fell in love with it (^_^)

Hoping the Nyan Nyan shop is kept, for upgrading mecha. It would be nice if FAST Packs/Armour Packs could be upgraded as well this time.

Graham

The Base Jammers & whatnot where upgradeable in the Gundam games, and honestly I kinda like the fast packs rising with the Valkyrie upgrades automatically better.

I still have some concerns that the Mihoshi Academy/character interaction part of the game is going to be the major focus of the game and the actual mecha combat portion of the game will be somewhat smaller, perhaps with a reduced number of missions or lower number of mecha compared to MUF.

I hope I'm wrong, and worrying unnecessarily but the fact that the box art emphasises characters over mecha makes me worry.

Graham

I still have some concerns that the Mihoshi Academy/character interaction part of the game is going to be the major focus of the game and the actual mecha combat portion of the game will be somewhat smaller, perhaps with a reduced number of missions or lower number of mecha compared to MUF.

I hope I'm wrong, and worrying unnecessarily but the fact that the box art emphasises characters over mecha makes me worry.

Graham

It's been listed so far as a seperate play mode, so I wouldn't worry at all. I doubt it'll expand much past a quicker way to level up pilot stats, and possibly unlock some Nyan Nyan shop bonus's. It may even have its own Chronicle style missions, but I heavily doubt it'll gimp the regular gameplay.

I think the Mihoshi Academy looks like it will be fun.

Im sure it will just be a different part to the game and the rest will be what we know and love about M.A.F

and M.U.F.

Also looks like there is less info on screen this time when playing.

Does anyone know the odds of getting the VF-xx in this one?

im so buying this game just because its macross & because i can & i love macross reminds me a lot of star trek & i have the 2 macross psp games & so fourth if anyone has ps3 my psn is unspacy or if you have a 360 my gamertag is uce miliatary (i know i miss spelled) feel free to add me

Most of us proberly new there was going to be a full story mode for Macross II this time from the shots,

but the site now has it up!

Hopefully, if they have a full Macross II campaign, they should include the obscure side mecha (destroids, Zentran VF and Marduk units) instead of getting SDF versions to stand in for them like in Ultimate Frontier. I was never a fan of the MII designs, but if they're going to do them at all, they should at least do them right. Not particularly optimistic about this though.

Edited by hulagu

Hopefully, if they have a full Macross II campaign, they should include the obscure side mecha (destroids, Zentran VF and Marduk units) instead of getting SDF versions to stand in for them like in Ultimate Frontier. I was never a fan of the MII designs, but if they're going to do them at all, they should at least do them right. Not particularly optimistic about this though.

Macross II does have a story mode this time! :)

I agree that we need to see the Vf-xx zentran and a few of the destroids would be great.

0052.jpg

Edited by Daiohma

Where is that pic from? It is not from the earlier Famitsu article.

Graham

Got it from andriasang.com which is a Japanese game news site.

There is also a picture of the 'ship stage' that was used in the new movie! Looks like it will be a good level. :D

Also it seems like that new vajira from the movie could be playable.

Got it from andriasang.com which is a Japanese game news site.

There is also a picture of the 'ship stage' that was used in the new movie! Looks like it will be a good level. :D

Also it seems like that new vajira from the movie could be playable.

Can you post that other pic as well please.

Graham

Never mind found it.

Here's the link to the page, with lots of new pics.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/galleries/2010/12/09/macross_triangle_frontier_screens/

Just a note, if anybody finds new pics, please post the link to the page, not only just teasing us with 1 pic!

I'm loving the look of the cannon-fodder VF-25A with Tornado Pack. And is that Klan's VF-25S I see there?

Graham