New Macross Game from Sega for PS2

twich

Forget about the pictures...  check out these movies!

http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/...ross/index.html

Just clock on the 'Movie' button and a pop-up window will open.

Unfortunately right now not all movies can be viewed...  but the ones I was able to watch were great!!!

Real authentic Macross sounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really leaning more and more towards going to Japan in X'mas...  but not only is the plane ticket expensive, but the games I want to buy (Gundam Sora + Macross) will be too...

$$$

Er, clock on the 'Movie' button and a pop-up window will open?

What do you mean?

I'll try Chowser's links in the mean time, wherever he got them. Thanks.

Edited by Bub

Bah! 6 seconds each one? Gee... someone went real cheap on them.... what about the damn quality? <_<

On a lighter note.... did anyone notice the VFX2 camera being used? Its all nice and dandy for air battles... but about ground battles? Were are the ground battle movies Bandai?!?!?!?! :angry:

well, so far, all 5 worked for me just now.

it's 7:26am EST

here's the link for #5

mms://stream.odn.ne.jp/media042/Macros05_300k.wmv

--

i don't know if it matters or not, but I have broadband so I think the _300k means its for DSL and up connection speeds. Dial-up might take forever.

Edited by Chowser

This game is looking a lot prettier for it's time than most Macross games to date. Sure, there are much better looking games, but this seems about average for what's currently out there.

I'm looking forward to it more than ever. I hope they plan to do a stateside release of the game. It'll be interesting to see how the gameplay is.

This game is looking a lot prettier for it's time than most Macross games to date. Sure, there are much better looking games, but this seems about average for what's currently out there.

I'm looking forward to it more than ever. I hope they plan to do a stateside release of the game. It'll be interesting to see how the gameplay is.

The gameplay looks to be VFX2 with more camera freedom. If only Bandai would release damn ground battle movies. :angry:

QUOTE (Effect @ Sep 1 2003, 02:24 PM)

I'm not sure how the transformation controls were in past games but I do hope its like Battlecry(push up to go to one mode, right to another, down to another). Would make for a lot easier game play and on the fly transformations.

Thats how it was handled in VFX2 and M3.

In VFX-2 it was the R1 R2 buttons. Unless you changed it.

Finally able to view all the movies.

Movie # 3 is awesome. Real Macross gunpod sounds...Yay!!!!!

Also, it looks like the gunpod does a respectable amount of damage, unlike the gunpods in VF-X and VF-X2, where you had to shoot something for half an hour before it blew up!

Graham

From watching the little videos and the pictures....it just really makes me want this game more and more.....I would like to see this thing come out in the US, but if not, I guess I will have to find somewhere to mod my PS2 so that I am able to play this thing.

Larry

Movie # 3 is awesome. Real Macross gunpod sounds...Yay!!!!!

No kidding, doesn't that make all the difference!!!

Thanks for the link.

I still don't see the game in COCKPIT MODE though. :angry:

If it's correct, this will be the first time ever in the history of Macross games that one actually gets released ahead of scheduled.

Macross games are infamous for suffering multiple delays and being released months after the first published release date.

Graham

yay! 7 days earlier than expected! that means if it comes out in the US we'll see it around February!

How can you be expecting an American release? <_<

Seriously.... don't hold your breath. I seriously doubt it will be released here. VFX2, which had better chance of getting released here simply because it was less based on SDF then this, was never released because HG complained. How do you expect them to react to a game based on SDF macross. <_<

And if this game is really based on DYRL.... don't expect to see a Millia color scheme simply because her 1J wasn't in DYRL.