Ps2 Game A.c.e 2

GrimlockCW

ok what the heck is up with "Return to the Main Menu" from the "Continue/Intermission Menu"

do i need to complete some missions first or something? i want to try vs mode but cant get to the dang Main Menu :angry:

edit

ok nevermind i passed a few levels now my main menu has all options open :D

Edited by Razor x

A.C.E. 2 looks really awesome when watching some of the videos people have put up on YouTube! Some of my faves:

(3rd A.C.E. 2 promo vid)

(A.C.E 2 MAD MOVIE)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckbQSVefI2k (the full A.C.E. 2 promo video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_cgW6NGonI (Macross footage from A.C.E. 2 with music to Kenny Loggins "Danger Zone")

They're all pretty good IMO :) Go watch!

Razor X, are ya considering this game for the next BattleCry tournament?

Im going to buy it if you do. :)

427778[/snapback]

thats a huge AFFERMITIVE!!! this game is not only fun to play it is Awesome to watch as a spectator.

of course we will most likely use only the Macross Mecha for the tournament.

I have let the other members of the Tournament Team borrow this game this week to see what they think .

as soon as we all meet up again(this Saturday for FullMetal Alchemist Movie premeire) we can start planing the promotion of next years ...2007 AX, A.C.E. 2 Valkyrie Tournament.

20050817120629665.jpg

This game is off the hook!!! I am close to getting the VF's in the game. It's a hella cool game. You start off on the original Gundam ship, and from that, you end up travelling with the Nadesco. Seeing all the various anime mecha and characters is great to see.

I plan to get to the Valkyrie mecha and let you know how it goes. As far as transforming the mecha, use controller 2 setup and that way, it's L1+R2 to transform. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Crap. And I was thinking of not buying this one. If that's an actual picture of the in-game vf1s, holy crap

Get it, it's a nice enough game, and the Vf-1 handles like a beauty... except for fighter mode. I almost never touched fighter mode, gerwalk is just so much more useful. I can fly down the tunnels in Valley of Kings in AC: Zero, can't figure out why I can't do the same in this game.

I actually hated the valkyrie n this game when i finally got it. I found it slow, amazing clumsy and just not usefull enough. Then after a while my characters started dissapearing from m hanger (like I could understand what they were saying) and was eventually forced to use one. In time it becamse my favorite unit for it's own merits, let alone my opinion of Macross.

BTW I've heard there's an easier control scheme for the sub weapons/transformations (like, not cycling through them all to switch). How do I change this from the between mission menus and how does it work? Is it better?

I actually hated the valkyrie n this game when i finally got it. I found it slow, amazing clumsy and just not usefull enough. Then after a while my characters started dissapearing from m hanger (like I could understand what they were saying) and was eventually forced to use one. In time it becamse my favorite unit for it's own merits, let alone my opinion of Macross.

BTW I've heard there's an easier control scheme for the sub weapons/transformations (like, not cycling through them all to switch). How do I change this from the between mission menus and how does it work? Is it better?

Don't have the game with me, but I know it's hidden away somewhere in the system settings, maybe somebody else who has access to it can fill you in. The other (non-ZOE) way is much better, you hold down L1 and the four main buttons are switched over to secondary. The reason the ZOE method doesn't work here is because the game doesn't pause when you hold down L1, making the switch one hell of a rush. Using the alternate method, I can fire away on the Valk's gunpod, head lasers, and missiles without slowing down, which is where the Valk shines in relation to the other mechs in the games, IMHO. The head lasers on the Valk are much more useful than the backup weapons of, say, Gundams (can't hit anything with those head cannons).

Then again, with the Valk, it's all about long distance combat, while Gundams swing blindly with their sabers, lol

lol i mention this in here somewhere i think

when you start a new profile/game it presents the option for a control scheme, scheme 2 is the one where you hold down the L1 and press another button (anything from R1 and R2 to the icon pad) do fire differant weapons, transform, and so on.

lol i mention this in here somewhere i think

when you start a new profile/game it presents the option for a control scheme, scheme 2 is the one where you hold down the L1 and press another button (anything from R1 and R2 to the icon pad) do fire differant weapons, transform, and so on.

While you're at it, might as well fiddle with the target lock settings to something you find more useful, some modes can be a pain...

thats a huge AFFERMITIVE!!! this game is not only fun to play it is Awesome to watch as a spectator.

of course we will most likely use only the Macross Mecha for the tournament.

I have let the other members of the Tournament Team borrow this game this week to see what they think .

as soon as we all meet up again(this Saturday for FullMetal Alchemist Movie premeire) we can start planing the promotion of next years ...2007 AX, A.C.E. 2 Valkyrie Tournament.

20050817120629665.jpg

Are ya considering tournaments before AX? We should have a party or tournament of some sort when TSC gets out and play it, just for the fun of it. So then we can warm up for the tournament at AX, I have no gameplay experience with this game at all.

Just some ideas, it would be fun though. :)

Are ya considering tournaments before AX? We should have a party or tournament of some sort when TSC gets out and play it, just for the fun of it. So then we can warm up for the tournament at AX, I have no gameplay experience with this game at all.

Just some ideas, it would be fun though. :)

HI DEAN!! :)

well it seems that Due to A.C.E. 2's targeting issues we may have to stick to Battelcry for the 2007 Tournament.

A.C.E. 2 is by far an amazing game but the Targeting system Fails to provide an arena that gives 2 players a true combat simulation. :( (the targeting system does all the work for you)

we may have an A.C.E. 2 pre tornament mini competition for the few people that know how to play.

ill post up any updates and news asap.

Joe

HI DEAN!! :)

well it seems that Due to A.C.E. 2's targeting issues we may have to stick to Battelcry for the 2007 Tournament.

A.C.E. 2 is by far an amazing game but the Targeting system Fails to provide an arena that gives 2 players a true combat simulation. :( (the targeting system does all the work for you)

we may have an A.C.E. 2 pre tornament mini competition for the few people that know how to play.

ill post up any updates and news asap.

Joe

Yeah, but you can not beat the nice gameplay and graphics of the game. It is just astonishing.

Personally, I like the gerwalk and battroid modes more than DYRL.

For fighter mode though, DYRL wins hands down.

agreed.

A.C.E 2 has some serious action to be had with the gerwalk and battroid modes, but theres no way to really do much with the fighter, its to fast and theres no way to keep a lockon with it :/

i love slamming into gerwalk and hitting into reverse though, it works awsome agianst them gundams sicne they are mainly melee, and can't catch ya going in reverse as you pound them with fire B))

limiter release? the all weapons firing at once? all the Valks have that aside from the 1J

do correct me if i'm wrong...

not sure what yer speaking of

The limiter release is an upgrade for each of the mecha in the game. It costs 50,000 ACE points and can only be accessed after you've maxed out the experience points for the pilot (to the tune of 100,000 EP, which takes a while to get).

Once activated, the limiter release gives that mecha unlimited ammunition. Basically, I gave Roy an infinite number of reaction missiles to play with :ph34r:

AHHHH that release... lol

i thaught you meant a general weapon thing about them :p

my bad.....

i dunno the names of the dif upgrades, never found a translation for them and my reading abilities is limited to "a" and thats about it when it comes to japanese, spoken i can do somewhat, but reading i've yet to poke into really.