Hasegawa 1/72 VF-OA "Birdman"

erikos0311

I Always enjoyed the final episode of Macross Zero (my 2nd favorite after DYRL) & I had a chance to attend & build this kit 4 days before the MW Con.

Sooo..

Here are some pictures from the CON courtesy of MW Member Grapetang! who by the way has an awesome camera and was nice enough to take detailed pictures of the bird.

Hope you guys enjoy them and like always, I welcome all critiques, comments!

post-15185-0-29741900-1381541266_thumb.jpg

post-15185-0-65194100-1381541340_thumb.jpg

post-15185-0-05049600-1381541390_thumb.jpg

post-15185-0-97989300-1381541405_thumb.jpg

post-15185-0-51765800-1381541419_thumb.jpg

post-15185-0-66160300-1381541446_thumb.jpg

You and me bud,!! I built this kit in 3 -1/2 days before the CON, I wish I would've had a chance but I hardly even flinched an eyelid trying to complete the kit before getting on the plane!

Next time buddy! Next time ! Lol

WoW! I love that scene too, in fact I have had the idea to make a kit like this for years, but I´ve been affraid to do it... very well done, I think the camera flash doesnt help much to appreciate the effects of the damage.

Congratulations !! Its nice to see a kit like yours, maybe I will do a kit like this in the next year.

That wire mesh, is it brass?

WoW! I love that scene too, in fact I have had the idea to make a kit like this for years, but I´ve been affraid to do it... very well done, I think the camera flash doesnt help much to appreciate the effects of the damage.

Congratulations !! Its nice to see a kit like yours, maybe I will do a kit like this in the next year.

That wire mesh, is it brass?

?? ?? What your answer was? Hehe

I don't think it was brass Cesar , I got it at Home Depot, I bought the whole roll for $5.99 and I think it's just regular wire mesh for windows/doors. I added the wire mesh before I primed and airbrushed the body/wings black.

I think the camera flash doesnt help much to appreciate the effects of the damage.

Agreed. You really should see it in person!!! As for the flash, there wasn't enough light and I didn't have a camera tripod so the choice was blurry pictures (which I tried) and the flash pics with blown out details.

Congrats again to Erikos for the great detailed work and the custom contest win! It was gorgeous to see and a well-deserved win! :)

Nice (or shouldI say bad) work on the blown up composite structure! Looks like someone took composite parts and blew them up! That would be more fun than the screen, but the screen looks realistic. And for only three days too! This is another cool thing I missed not being able to go to the 'con. Congratulations! - MT

Two days... unbelievable. I need entire months to finish a kit, and after so many models, I never go so far like you. Congratulations! But please try to post more pictures, and closer... I need to see in detail your work, I'm thinking in build a Destroid totally destroyed, and this is what I want to get.

Regards.