Master File vs Modeling Manual

sreichma

Was hoping someone could tell me the difference between the two books. They both say master file but only one says modeling manual. Could you let me know the difference and which you'd prefer?

The Variable Fighter Master File (VF-xx) series are fictional technical manuals written from a in-universe POV, detailing the various technical system specs, armanents, paint schemes and operational history of their respective VFs. Illustrations are a mix of line art, CG, and model photography.

The Variable Fighter Master File VF Modelling manual is a photo showcase of various realistically painted/kitbashed VF plastic models, with one example tutorial using a Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1J kit to demonstrate how to detail up a kit.

Edited by hulagu

• 2 weeks later...

Yes the master file shows cutaways, some illustrations of various different color/marking schemes. It's more how one would be built if it truly existed. The Modeling Manual shows some illustrations as well. Vf's with Hasegawa weapons kits, but also shows some modeling tips, and builds. Building the vernier thrusters with styrene parts, and lighting kit installs. I have them both, and they're worth the money.