iMacross Server FAQ

boinger

iMacross4 UPDATES:

Apr.05/07

1. Macross Miscellaneous video

a. Macross 20th anniversary

avi

Currently, I am attempting to use my laptop for the imacross4 azureus bittorrent server software while the files remain on my networked computer desktop: Windows ME on desktop with imacross files on desktop problem and lack of external usb/firewire plug ins on laptop.

Macross miscellaneous and miscellaneous macross video are currently seeding. I will fiddle around with the settings to see if I can get the macross files to upload more kb/s. I am depending on previous downloaders to stay online with their completed macross files to boost download speeds.

Next year (March/April), I am thinking of upgrading to a new desktop with Windows vista, so that the imacross4 server and the all the imacross files can be on one stable computer with a large internal hard drive.

*****I am on a strict bandwidth limit for this month with Shaw Cable, so if I go over I will either be disconected for a week or I will be charged $106 US for my monthly bill. My usual monthly isp bil is $49 US.

So, don't ask too much of me for the next 2 -4 weeks. I am switching back to MTS on Dec. 23 (hopefully) because of MTS has no bandwidth restriction and TV is included for $35 US.

That's all for now!

Edited by boinger

• 3 weeks later...

This is for the iMacross4 FAQ

hey guys,

Just wanted to post for boinger since his ISP is giving him issues. Here's a link to MegaUpload for all of the iMacross4 bittorrents http://dl9.megauploads.org/download.php?id=49B3FA1B '>iMacross4 If you need to get a hold of him, pm me and I'll be happy to relay the message till his stuff is up and running normally. Thanks

dax415

Edited by Dax415

Guest boinger5

Hello:

This is boinger, iMacross4 admin.

I need to get a moderator to manually activate my "boinger" MW name. For the last week, I have been trying to get a vaildation email sent to boinger5@mts.net, my new ISP - MTS. Somehow, MTS is blocking emails from MW forum. I registered with a new name and email address - kaarma@hotmail.com, so now I cannot edit my posts and I cannot see any of my messages.

iMacross 4 online and speedier.

bye for now,

Patrick

Hello:

This is boinger, iMacross4 admin.

I need to get a moderator to manually activate my "boinger" MW name. For the last week, I have been trying to get a vaildation email sent to boinger5@mts.net, my new ISP - MTS. Somehow, MTS is blocking emails from MW forum. I registered with a new name and email address - kaarma@hotmail.com, so now I cannot edit my posts and I cannot see any of my messages.

iMacross 4 online and speedier.

bye for now,

Patrick

Try now.

PS: your boinger5 account will go away upon receipt of this message.

It's working. I'm back!

Thank you, azrael!

July 4/08

iMacross4 UPDATES:

1. iMacross directory file removed from iMacross4

2. iMacross directory file on MegaUpload.com no longer working

3. I am tidying up the iMacross FAQ thread

4. I am putting together a new iMacross4 directory file for upload

Edited by boinger

• 3 weeks later...

iMacross4 offline until at least Monday.

Laptop winxp pro "notification.cll was not regisetered" requires complete backup and reinstalling of xp pro sp1 upgrade.

I am just doing emails with my windows me desktop because I really don't want to format 2 computers.

I will keep you posted with updates here.

Otherwise, if anybody else has a complete copy downloaded to their hard drive. You can upload with Azureus with settings in iMacross FAQ to be a temporary iMacross server.

boinger

iMacross4 admin

iMacross4 bandwidth capped by MTS isp on regular adsl modem.

Today I switched from MTS Tv/adsl to just plain adsl so I can save $20 a month. But, MTS is specifically targeting Azureus bittorrent downloads/uploads on my regular adsl modem. I was getting 58 kb/s uploads and downloads with MTS tv/adsl modem and then I switched to just MTS adsl and there is a huge drop in download speed especially when I run Azureus! When I run Azureus, I wait 50 seconds - 1 minute when I open a webpage! I am going to have to create and upload new iMacross4 torrents onto an actual bittorrent server rather than using Azureus built in bittorrent server. If I do this I put myself and MW members at risk.

Any suggestions?

iMacross4 offline due to defective adsl modem.

That speed increase you got had nothing to do with me.

This morning, I just spent 1 1/2 hours with an MTS tech to figure out that the only difference between the super slow 10 kb/s speed of today and the 70 kb/s speed from yesterday is the new adsl modem. Now I wait one minute for a web page to appear in internet explorer or firefox browser!

Thursday a.m. is the earliest I can get this fixed by MTS. I wonder if I can get a partial refund?

Otherwise the only speed increases you will see is if someone else with the complete macross file engages the Azureus settings for the built in bittorrent tracker.

I'll post an update Thursday.

Options:

Shaw cable $120/month due to bandwidth cap

MTS adsl $40 + 8 hours of waiting for custome service so far + 4 visits by MTS technicians to fix their installation mistakes + hassle :angry:

iMacross4 online

I have tried 3 different modems from MTS in the last week. I upgraded the MTS adsl modem firmware. My di-524 dlink wireless router is now version 1.23; its speed seems to be pretty good. Double checked my network card settings. This is as good as it gets. Finally!

Yesterday, I was disconnecting a lot from the internet and getting really slow speeds, so I phoned MTS and found that the wireless router was giving me all these problems. I set the router performance settings to default and got my speed back, but the router kept disconnecting from the internet. This morning, I looked on the internet to find out why the wireless router keeps disconnecting from the internet . I changed the wirless channel to 11 and so far no disconnecting yet. I also have the option to disable upnp and game mode settings or try flashing the router firmware to di-624 or wbr-1310. So far, so good. B))

Now we'll see how long I stay connected to the internet.

Shaw was going to start charging me $120/month for just internet in January, so I had to switch over to MTS. I think I will buy a LinkSys router next week; this dlink di-524 has given me a lot a problems.

Left Canada a few years back, and these kinds of stories makes me happy that I left for lands were businesses actually compete with each other with low pricing plans, and they actually understand the meaning of service.

Waves.

Seriously, I'm not even sure what to suggest as a solution. Me thinks this is related to an article on the BBC that came out a few months ago about companies charging more for hi-bandwidth users (as opposed to applying a smaller charge equally amongst all users.) Personally, I think it's all retarded, because hey, internet 2.0 et al, eh.

Aside from shopping around to see what other deals are out there (with other ISPs in the area; cable companies don't tend to make good ISPs if I remember correctly,) there's always the option of getting the files hosted on an overseas server somewhere.

imacross 4 offline for a bit.

I am just so tired. I tried everything to get the router working with this modem and the internet connection woud stat up fast, slow down to 5 kb/s and then just die after 2 hours no matter what I did. So, then I connected the adsl modem straight to the laptop. The direct modem connection dies after 2 hours! My router is fine! The speed is great for 5-10 minutes and then it drops to 2 kb/s download and upload. ****** MTS! I spent 5 hours a day for the last 10 days trying to get this mts adsl modem to work! What a $@$@$@$#@$ rip off!

So, it looks like I was better off with paying $60 / month with MTS TV & adsl, rather than adsl alone.

Now, I have to phone, wait for MTS customer service and schedule a TV/adsl installation.

Unbelievable!

iMacross4 will be offline until I can get back to Shaw in the next two days.

Anything between these lines is me sharing my epic internet tragedy.

A MTS tech will be dropping by my place on Wednesday morning to fix the adsl modem for the 5th time, but I'm just going to let him fix the problem and then phone MTS to disconnect the internet. I think there is something seriously wrong with MTS equipment, so it should be fixed, but I am terribly dissatisfied with MTS. For 10 days, I spent more time than reasonable trying to figure this out and working nights at the same time. Fed up already.

In Winnipeg, there is Shaw and then there is MTS for broadband internet. There is one other broadband, rainyday.ca, but they charge up front $2000+/year for 1/4 of bandwidth that Shaw would charge $120/month nitro internet speed including phone service; back to shaw.

Shaw will cost me 3 times as much as MTS, but at least I will be able to stay connected for more than 30 minutes at a time. MTS has been providing horrible internet service, which had nothing to do with my router or filesharing; the MTS internet connection just keeps going horribly slow and then disconnects for 10-20 minutes at 30 minute to 1 1/2 hour intervals.

I am sort of connected to the internet now, but no filesharing at all. But, even without any filsharing MTS internet disconnects every 20-30 minutes.

So, I read in the Winnipeg Free Press newspaper this week about massive layoffs from MTS due to MTS customers switching to Shaw. Once MTS goes bankrupt, then there will be only Shaw cable and there goes the prices up again.

I was thinking if a MW member would like a copy of anything on iMacross4, then you can mail me a dvd-r & case with a self addressed stamped envelope to mail back the dvd-r to yourself.

PM for details.

iMacross4 mostly online.

You can expect slow speeds for all this week. I have to stick to MTS for a while, since I am just doing ebay auctions now and I don't want to mix ebay buyers up with email and paypal changes.

I will phone Shaw next week to get the nitro super fast internet; it's worth the extra cash and the least trouble.

MTS internet speed is barely comparable to when I had MTS TV/adsl (30-40kb/s download : 20-30 kb/s upload), but no sudden disconnects. December 2006, Shaw cable was way better for speed (80-100 kb/s down : 80-100 up), but Shaw disconnected me every other day, but that could be because I need to buy their new modem.

Good news is that the MTS technician this morning did a super job getting the internet to stay connected, since I was constantly disconnected every 10-30 minutes without any filesharing. He rewired the filter in my condo apartment, put on a new filter for the intercom, and went outside in the cold to change the port for my modem. I wish more MTS tech guys were that thorough. Then one hour after the port change, the internet speed drops off, so I spend 1 hour on the phone with MTS again to find that bittorrent filesharing opens up so many connections on my modem that down/up speed drops to less than 56k. At least, I think that's what's happening. :wacko:

Right now, I checked the bittorrent settings to reduce upload slots and connections and keep the upload speed to 40 kb/s maximum. So far in the last two weeks, I learned a lot about router settings, working on little sleep, and dealing with frustration.

I will leave a message here when I switch back to Shaw cable.

Edited by boinger

• 4 weeks later...

iMacross 4 online

MTS done good. I have been staying connected for more than a week to the internet through MTS adsl modem. The internet speed is pretty good without worrying about a bandwidth cap (for now). I have been testing settings on DI-524 router and so far I have only had to reset the router once in the last 4 days. I saved the router settings for next time that Dlink gives a software upgrade for this router.

iMacross4 UPDATES:

1. Macross Zero

a. Hikuro's M0 episode 1 english dub

Last week, I also received Hikuro's MW dub of Macross Zero episode one split into 4 computer video files.

You can also watch Hikuro's M0 dub on www.youtube.com . It's really well done.

Once Hikuro is able to do a final dvd/vcd conversion of M0 dub, I plan to get a copy and then post the complete series as a bitorrent on imacross4.

2. Macross Miscellaneous:

a. collection of Macross desktop wallpapers

Now collected under Macross Picture collection 2008

b. Macross Hobby Book, cbr

(includes missing page 7)

3. Macross Miscellaneous Video

a. Graham's yf-19 transformation videos

4. Macross Games

a, Macross vo xp latest extras

b. Macross 2036 script

Edited by boinger

• 3 weeks later...

iMacross 4 is online and is slowly transforming into a rapidshare account.

My account with www.rapidshare.com has Macross games currently available

Click here to start downloading Macross games !

Once you have completed downloading all the files, then click on the *.EXE file for automatic winrar unzipping.

Rapidshare is a website that hosts computer files.

Free rapidshare account gives you 100mb/2hour downloads.

Paid rapidshare account $10/month gives you multiple 100mb files for downloading up to 25gb/5days and allows me to upload all my macross files for sharing.

I will be uploading all the macross files I have to my rapidshare account over the next 4-6 weeks. You will be able to download at whatever speed your isp can give you.

Next set of rapidshare files will be for Macross music and probably available by next week.

That leaves: Macross miscellaneous videos, Miscellaneous Macross stuff, Extra Macross files, Macross 7 complete series, Macross 0, MDYRL package, Macross 20th anniversary

Edited by boinger

iMacross4 UPDATES:

1. Macross miscellaneous files

(paper models, manga, pictures, etc.)

2. remastered Macross 7 plus videos:

a. all available, unsubtitled on Macross Share website

b. all available in flash video quality on iMacross 4

3. Macross drama and music

a. Macross 7 music and drama are almost all available on Macross Share website

b. Macross 7 drama is all on iMacross4

4. Macross Games

a. Macross: Remember Me game

that was for the PC-9801 computer

is now in Macross Games Collection

Next in line for uploading by tonight is Hikuro's M0 episode one dub and extra macross files.

iMacross4 directory list needs updating!

(it only listed my macross games collection instead of all my available macross files. oops. I'll work on that this week. July 2/08)

I was just editing the imacross faq again and I found the old macross request list.

(updated on 1st page of iMacross Server FAQ, July 2/08)

Edited by boinger

iMacross4 UPDATES:

1. Macross 7 remastered

a. Macross 7 OVAs and movies

available on Macross Share website

b. Macross 7 remastered episodes 1-16

by VIP, mkv files

Next up is Macross 7 series which will probably be finished uploading by next week. Then the Dyrl package to finish off uploading all of my macross files to my rapidshare account.

I also have DYRL anime cartoon dvd, but I hear that the DYRL FX dvd is better, so I probably won't upload. I have a copy of Macross PS2 game, but I have no idea if it works because I do not have a PS2 console to test it. That's all I got.

So, for example, to download all the macross games from my Rapidshare account. You click on the link for macross games. Then you download all the files from 1 to 34 onto your computer. Then click on file 1.exe to unpackage the macross games files onto your computer. Then enjoy!

Edited by boinger