DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

@keiichi really you hate the color of Luca's Valk!? I really like IT actually! It's right up there with my favorite frontier valks!

Minty Fresh Luca. ;)

It's just too pastel (and minty! good call, noel) for my tastes. The super parts do a great job of breaking up the color though, so I'm very glad I've got them.

It's hard for me to pick a favorite 25 as I love all the rest, the only thing I know for sure is that Luca is last in my book. :lol:

Lol yeah I only got the rvf-25 to complete the set. The color reminds me of a 97 z3

hehe! do you mean this? that is a pretty awful color but I still like Luca's RVF! :p:D

$_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F

Oh man, it's grotesque! :lol:

I wish I had those super parts...

To anyone opting to do what I am, and painting up someone else's supers to match, and then throwing the 1:72 bandai assembly kit ghosts - it's a LOT of hassle and likely not worth it unless you really love to build and enjoy modifying and color matching.

im sticking to my guns on this one! Personally I really love the color! Yes the super parts do break it up a bit but it still looks friggin sweet clean too! :D

But seriously though how cool does this look! B))

*snip*

Looks minty cool!

edit: Luca's valk reminds me of this. Pretty rare color around here.

toyota_4runner_96_768_01.jpg?random=1430

Edited by wmkjr

now you guys are just making fun of me.. :rolleyes::p:D

To be perfectly fair though, the color does work in some settings. Case in point would be at the beach, especially if the water's more aquamarine than deep blue

Has anyone bought two VF-25S and VF-25F so that they could be displayed in both armored and super pack, which looks good for comparison?

I've got the pair of Altos and one Ozma and now contemplating to get an extra used Ozma and get his cheap super parts, but the price of the main figure has gone up by 2000 yen in two months.

Snagged a 25G with super and tornado parts today! Finally! Should be fun! He was the only one I was missing.

I am still holding out for a reissue. Come on bandai!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeh.... I had a chance to snag the set from a fellow member here, never transformed. I pulled the trigger. As I don't have any Tornado parts, I figure one set on the 25G would be sweet to have.

Good grab. I have blue 'nado and supers just sitting here waiting.

I'm sadly kind of forced to keep my VF-25G in anything besides battroid, because Bandai forgot to pack his crotch plate in the box. <_< I'm hoping to get a reissue so I have one that's actually complete.

Oh.. that sucks.. hey i have the crotch piece from the supers for Michael That i dont use if you want that? Free of course as it aint worth anything to me.. just a thought.

I'm sadly kind of forced to keep my VF-25G in anything besides battroid, because Bandai forgot to pack his crotch plate in the box. <_< I'm hoping to get a reissue so I have one that's actually complete.

Get the super parts while they are cheap. Though the crotch plate from Super parts is just begging for paint.

Get the super parts while they are cheap. Though the crotch plate from Super parts is just begging for paint.

Where's everyone picking up the super parts for cheap at?

Edited by Zaid

Where's everyone picking up the super parts for cheap at?

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/search.do;jsessionid=B4BBBE4D5C4BB876537CDE4570113963.shopapp?action=keyword&doujin=all&keyword=25g&searchStrategy=keyword

from time to time, Mandarake has one for 5k yen to 6k yen for a sealed one. My first purchase was 4k yen (yes, that is sealed and barely damage on the box) while I purchased another one recently at 5.5k yen.

all of the add-on for 25G (tornado parts for renewal is 7k to 8k) is cheap cause the main toy has limited supply at the moment. (this can change if and only if, bandai re-issues 25G)

if you dont like waiting and want it available, nippon yasan has it at 7k yen

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/5368-macross-f-super-parts-set-for-dx-chogokin-vf-25g-messiah-valkyrie-michel-blanc-custom-renewal-ver-limited-edition.html

Edited by chyll2

yes, NY used to have it at 5k yen as well. I guess their price increase in time regardless if there is a demand or not :p

and yes, Jungle is a good site to watch for items as well since they have a fixed time in terms of updating their items everyday.

Oh, I've had the supers from release date. ^_^ I learned my lesson with the YF-29 super packs, and have forced myself to pick up every web exclusive since, whether I had the valk or not.

I have the blank piece from the supers as a placeholder, I just would rather put him in a sniper pose without any packs, and I just hate that he's missing the actual piece (and Bandai's complete refusal to replace missing parts <_<). I might swap in the plate from the YF-25, since at least that one is blue.

I've even been tempted to try and slap the crotch plate from the v.1 on him, because the piece included with the renewals looks so terrible.

Edited by Chronocidal

Yes on preorder the VF-25g super parts was 5,350 yen at NY. 7,000yen is still not too bad and will just continue going up over time. Like I bought the last 2 pieces of VF-25A super parts at NY for 6,200 yen each earlier this year. Straight after I bought it they push up the price to I think 11,000 yen and now it's 13,000 yen.

After some thought, I realised that the Super Pack is more lineart accurate than the Armored Pack. The Armored Pack appears to be too bulky compared to the lineart, but it couldn't really be helped, unless they were non detachable parts, like the VF 100's Alto Armor, which had good thickness for its legs.

Finally snagged a 25G with all the trimmings from a fellow MW member! 25 Frontier Valks are now all accounted for!

I'm glad the bird found a home where it can be proudly displayed and not trapped in its box inside my closet!

• 4 weeks later...

I had made this awhile ago. 30 or so ordered, but no feedback as of yet.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/P3NMXGCSY/v2-messiah-cracked-hips-replacement

Thanks! buying it right now, And I will most deftly leave feedback!

Thanks! buying it right now, And I will most deftly leave feedback!

Awesome. I just don't know who well it works. I printed one on my M2 and it looked correct. Curious how well the shapeways ones work. You may have to drill out the holes. I would order 2 just in case.

Armored YF-25 anyone?

02111.jpg0202.jpg

How about a VF-25a Tornado?

01721.jpg01612.jpg

YF-25 Tornado

02221.jpg

pics from www.siliconera.com reviews about the game Macross Triangle Frontier.

I wonder if Bandai still has plan to milk the Armored Parts mold. The armor parts price now is really out of my reach.

I wonder if Bandai still has plan to milk the Armored Parts mold. The armor parts price now is really out of my reach.

Nobody knows for sure. Right now it's a 'wait and see' game with them. Probably they're going to focus more in the coming months preparing CADs and mockups for the upcoming Macross series if ever. And pray that those Messiah valks will still be featured there so that it will have screen time and reissue/re-release option in the future as a 'cannon fodder' units. And probably will have new decals on it. ^_^

Or you could just keep an eye out on Yahoo Japan Auctions and eBay. ;)