Overdrive now offering replacement parts for Yamato

I just want to say that my prayer to Overdrive was answered.

I am happy to know that my problem would go away soon (my 1/60 VF-1S has a black stain in the chest; small, but readily visible).

Thanks, Overdrive people!

Details! Did they tell you your part is on the way? When did you request the part?

I'm patiently waiting to hear from them. I ordered a part three or four weeks ago but I haven't heard anything from them. I don't even know if they got my request or not.

I just want to say that my prayer to Overdrive was answered.

I am happy to know that my problem would go away soon (my 1/60 VF-1S has a black stain in the chest; small, but readily visible).

Thanks, Overdrive people!

yeah, give us some details. what did they say? do you need to pay for your part? do you need to send them the defective part? etc. etc.

Eh... No details yet. They just confirmed on my problem, and told me that the part should be available. They would contact me again when the parts arrive...

As I wondered if my request was accepted previously, so I am already happy that I am now in their list. :rolleyes:

I submitted an order of about 7 pieces to Overdrive and within a couple days they sent an email saying they got my request, about a month later they said the parts came in, I paid and now I have the parts. Keep trying cause it's definitely worth it!

How long ago did you initially request the parts? I ask because I sent out a request weeks ago and haven't gotten a confirmation email of any kind. Maybe they changed the process?

Edited by RD Blade

How long ago did you initially request the parts? I ask because I sent out a request weeks ago and haven't gotten a confirmation email of any kind. Maybe they changed the process?

I requested a pilot figure for VF-1A about 5~6 weeks ago because I lost it. I haven't got any reply so I sent another email yesterday and they replied me right away saying

Yamato rejected my request because it's lost item not broken.

So, I asked Overdrive if they can sell the parts and here's what they said;

Sir I'm sorry though there are some talk about selling parts for the 1/60series Yamato doesn't do them at the present. We wil contact you if theyever start doing them. Sorry -- OverDrive Info <info@over-drive-inc.com>

I submitted the request mid October when I first saw this thread, and then I sent an email asking for confirmation they got the request and then they responded saying they got it. Might be a good idea to send them a follow up email.

woohooo! OverDrive just confirmed my e-mail, send payment and the parts will arrive around monday... yeah!

congrats :) . maybe when you get your (i'm assuming) shoulder hinge for your 1S, you could report back if it's a fixed/non-cracking/non-breaking hinge. This would really help resolve the whole 1/60 ver.2 shoulder hinge issue.

ripped from their e-newsletter -

Yamato Macross Toy Series Replacemnet Parts

Please note this service is for customers in need of replacement parts and is not meant for people who want spare parts.

We are sorry but we wil not accept nor reply to any requests for multiple parts.

Also note it will take over 1 month for the parts to arrive in most cases.

For more information please check out our website.

http://www.over-drive-inc.com/macross_parts/

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Update! A few posts back I said that I sent overdrive a email months ago for some parts with no word back.. well tonight I got a email from them.. with the parts.. for a excellent price.

Welp I ordered them! New vf-0A arms and shoulders on the way!! WOOOTTTT

Overdrive came through!

Putting in a request is just that, there is no cost you just have to wait.

Over-Drive does not carry the parts they have to go through channels to request them on your behalf then they have to wait for a response before they can respond back to your request. So if there is nothing to report then there is no reason to email you. Do you really think that between November to Christmas toy companies make it a point to prioritize replacement parts emails to Over-Drice during the holiday shopping season.

If anybody sent in a request before October 31 you should have received an e-mail about them. There are few people who haven't answered Over-Drives

e-mails and their parts are just stilling around. Check those spam folders guys.

Edited by Save

ripped from their e-newsletter -

It bugs me that Over-Drive even has to send out that message. It's very clearly stated that they are only offering replacement parts and not spare parts, so the fact that they had to send this mesaage tells me people are requesting extra parts. This only hinders this service by wasting Over-Drive's time. Are people having that hard of a time reading the terms, or are they just trying to pull one over on Over-Drive?

Cool, about time. My VF11B first time I opened was last week and the leg just fell off, mind you the pin went with it, and my olf 1:72 VF-19's seem to all have brocken over the years. And not even from play wear.

Does anyone know if this is available for international customers?

Matt

Good and bad news. According to the Yamato web site it seems the VF-0S is going to be released on December 26. One problem these things usually come in after the weekend so I can't guarantee I'll be able to get it out this year. I'll try that's all I can say.

Link to source

http://www.yamato-toys.com/after/index.html

Hope it's worth the wait.

--

OverDrive Info <info@over-drive-inc.com>

Didn't ask for an update but i get one anyways! :D Can't be more impressed with Overdrive's service guys. Fantastic.

I think you just ask for the part that is damaged Swoosh, show them a pic of the broken part, and depending on how Yamato would give out the part (as in if it's a whole arm or part of) then Overdrive would figure out what they need to get from yamato for ya. Does the instrution manual have a parts list? I don't think it does...

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I think you just ask for the part that is damaged Swoosh, show them a pic of the broken part, and depending on how Yamato would give out the part (as in if it's a whole arm or part of) then Overdrive would figure out what they need to get from yamato for ya. Does the instrution manual have a parts list? I don't think it does...

Thanks ruskiiVFaussie!

From other posts here, it looks like they can't help with lost parts, only replacing defective / broken parts. Hobby Link Japan is often able to sell individual parts (I got some 1/48 parts from them for a custom). Try sending an email to parts@hlj.com and tell them what you need.

I lost the pitot tube for my VF-0S. I'm not looking for a spare. I just need a replacement part. Would overdrive help me with this?

Dave

From other posts here, it looks like they can't help with lost parts, only replacing defective / broken parts. Hobby Link Japan is often able to sell individual parts (I got some 1/48 parts from them for a custom). Try sending an email to parts@hlj.com and tell them what you need.

Thanks for the info dude! I'll give hlj a try

I don't have my VF-0S with me {Its at my dad's house} and as such I hav'nt got the instruction manual which has the numbering and codes for all the parts. Would anyone be able to help me out and let me know the part number for the pitot tube on the VF-0S

I lost the pitot tube for my VF-0S. I'm not looking for a spare. I just need a replacement part. Would overdrive help me with this?

Dave

drop them an e mail

well let s say it was missing in the packaging lol

overdrive could help maybe ;)

they r really nice and always respond to queries

just tell them u actually lost it