Another Century's Episode R

macross_fan99

The latest Famitsu has some scans on the game and you can clearly see the VF-25. Since the ps3 is region free it should make it easy to import. I just hope they at least make the menus English though, the other games were a bit confusing.

http://www.allgamesbeta.info/2010/04/anoth...-episode-r.html

Awesome news!!!

The VF-0A and Orguss Orguroid are in the game as well. :D

This new just made my day. Hopefully there'll be more series represented than the list in the current issue of Famjitsu. Seems weird to me that there'd be the VF-0 and VF-25 without all the other VF's in between. Must be more to come.

超時空世紀オーガス = Super Dimension Century Orguss

機動戦士Zガンダム = Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam

機動戦士ガンダム 逆襲のシャア = Char’s Counterattack

機動戦士クロスボーン・ガンダム = Crossbone Gundam

機動戦士ガンダムSEED DESTINY = Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny

オーバーマン キングゲイナー = Overman King Gainer

フルメタル・パニック! = Full Metal Panic!

コードギアス 反逆のルルーシュ R2 = Code Geass R2

創聖のアクエリオン = Genesis of Aquarion

マクロスゼロ= Macross 0

マクロスF = Macross F

No in between Macross!

More screen shots:

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1233749_1407.html

According to some other message boards it seems there will only be 3 mechs from each series. A low number but the producers are saying that modeling them takes a long time and they want to focus on graphics and gameplay.

My guess is that this series is far from over and they will just add onto this game in the next installment.

Found another site with a few more screenshots. A lot of them are the same but there are some new ones.

http://videogamerx.gamedonga.co.kr/zbxe/1428219

And is anyone else hoping they change the controls from the previous games? They're great for the mechs, but controlling the planes is a total pain. I hope they give us a set of different controls for them.

Hate to be a bummer, but the thing I didn't like about the previous ACE games was the lack of good ground combat. It's all flashy flying, but if I'm going to be in a mech I want it to have practical ground applications. I felt the VF's in those games were kind of at a disadvantage compared to non-transforming, flying mechs.

$.02

Absolutely brilliant.

Aside from the Macross stuff, I personally am exceedingly excited over the Code Geass and FMP! mecha in the game. Both these series have yet to receive a decent game of their own.

Hopefully the Guren SEITEN will be a playable Mecha. (^.^)

• 3 weeks later...

According to here, the game comes out Aug 19 and those who reserve the game can get an unlock code for Z Gundam 3 (although supposedly you can also unlock it by playing the game, probably similar to the way you unlock mechs through the other games).

It's already available for preorder on YesAsia, but not Play-Asia yet.

While this game looks gorgeous, it will be the first A.C.E. game that I won't be buying.

In the 6 years since my son was born, I've barely touched my PS2. I think I've played on it a grand total of 3 times in 6 years!.

There's no way I could justify the purchase of a PS3 to myself or my wife.

I'm just glad for MAF/MUF (and the hopeful sequel) on the PSP, as gaming while commuting to and from work is the only time I get to play video games these days.

Graham

While this game looks gorgeous, it will be the first A.C.E. game that I won't be buying.

In the 6 years since my son was born, I've barely touched my PS2. I think I've played on it a grand total of 3 times in 6 years!.

I'm just glad for MAF/MUF (and the hopeful sequel) on the PSP, as gaming while commuting to and from work is the only time I get to play video games these days.

Graham

Actually, there's a very easy way to justify it...

BLU-RAY PLAYER!

and it'll also let you browse the internet on TV.

Actually, there's a very easy way to justify it...

BLU-RAY PLAYER!

and it'll also let you browse the internet on TV.

LOL That is how I justified it to my wife!! I'm so happy I have a PS3, She is japanese and we are going to see her family in October, I will definitely but it while I'm there, along with a bunch of other Macross stuff ^_^

Hmmm... When's the release date?

Oops, nevermind.

Still, I probably won't preorder it. I want to see a good gameplay video first. Also, the new Macross game on PSP takes precedence over this one and naturally, I want my MGS: Peace Walker as well...

Life sucks... I also want Phantasy Star Portable 2 and Valkyria Chronicles 2!!

Bad year for my wallet...

Edited by CrazyMartian

Hmmm... When's the release date?

Oops, nevermind.

Still, I probably won't preorder it. I want to see a good gameplay video first. Also, the new Macross game on PSP takes precedence over this one and naturally, I want my MGS: Peace Walker as well...

Life sucks... I also want Phantasy Star Portable 2 and Valkyria Chronicles 2!!

Bad year for my wallet...

ArtDink is freakin' evil. As soon as you spend a couple hundred hours on their latest Macross & Gundam games, you still somehow get all geared up for the next game and promise of even more awesome. How they do it, I'll never know.

Graham

Same here man, I would like to get it but purchasing one console just for one game No. I'm more into portables now a days.

Edited by Black Valkyrie

Since the ps3 is region free it should make it easy to import. I just hope they at least make the menus English though, the other games were a bit confusing.

<a href="http://www.allgamesbeta.info/2010/04/another-centurys-episode-r.html" target="_blank">http://www.allgamesbeta.info/2010/04/anoth...-episode-r.html</a>

I thought only the blue ray movies are region free but the games are region specific. Has anyone played "Japanese" games on an "American" PS3. Thanks.

I thought only the blue ray movies are region free but the games are region specific. Has anyone played "Japanese" games on an "American" PS3. Thanks.

All ps3 games are region free. I have the Asian version of a game and it runs fine. However, if you have a ps3 that can play ps2 games then the ps2 and ps1 games will still be region locked. Only the ps3 games themselves are region free.

If you are looking for a blu-ray player then getting a ps3 is a good purchase since you also get the gaming side of it and you get firmware updates which will allow you to always watch the latest movies but if you have no intentions of playing any games besides ACE then you will be better off saving your money. No single game is worth the cost of a console.