New Homeworld 2 Macross Mod

shadow3393

Fell free to redo the UV maps if you want. Did all by automatic tools.

Have no idea how the arms fit in ship mode...

Finished in a hurry...sorry if there is anything very bad...

http://rapidshare.com/files/150352497/B7.rar.html

If you want I can take a crack at it- I might and I mean MIGHT have some free time coming up. No Promises though

I like what I see so far, I'm willing to work with you guys to finish it- Contact me and we can talk. I have all of the original data from the FIRST one. So let me know. I like to see a MACROSS mod finish.... Any MOD at That. Later

Edited by Chthonic

Cool, I would love to have you on board. :) I actually sent an email to Alfie a ways back on helping you guys finish the first one. If all goes well, I can port all the code from my mod to the original one and get that finished also.

Edited by shadow3393

i dont suppose there is a way you could have a flashy "diamond force" launch from the base of the battle-7's bridge... :)

I tried to see what was wrong with the B7 in battroid mode. 

post-180-1229224394_thumb.jpg

If you change a little the animation to transform you may get a better proportioned B7. I circled in red, the piece that attachs the body to the legs need to move a little down, the problem i guess it will be floating, just put anything there to make a connection to the body. Also the upper leg needs to get out a little more from the lower leg. 

Don't know if you already changed, the gun needs to be bigger.

I tried to do it well but those linearts didn't help much. Maybe i will give a try Frontier or Galaxy, they are already CGs.

If you want I can take a crack at it- I might and I mean MIGHT have some free time coming up. No Promises though

Yeah.. would be nice...

Edited by akt_m

Update

Zentrandi Picket Ship in game, Model thanks to Chono and textured by Chthonic

Zentrandi Regult in game, Model thanks to the Major and textured by Chthonic

More to come later today

Love those regult´s!!!is there any chance for you to share those models with me?I´m working on several macross papermodels and that´s the kind of 3d model I need. The finished models will be posted here, free of course!!keep doing this beautiful job!!! THIS MOD WILL ROCK!!!

great work, at this rate it will be done by new years !!

:)

Lol, I am only one person, I don't think I can go that fast. How goes the background thing?

Also the Zentrandi are freaking overpowered, and they are huge. As you can see in the Thuverl-Salan pic, the NMC is in the foreground. Balancing is gonna be tricky

Edited by shadow3393

Hey shadow, loving the screen shots, but I seem to recall that zentradi beam weapons were relatively fast firing, with a short beam. Granted, this could just be extremely poor memory on my part, but you could try editing the higgaran pulsar weapon to have greater range and firepower, probably have to ghange the size of the effect too...

Either way, what you have done here is excellent and I appluad you for having figured out the transformations, since that seemed to be the killer of the many macross/robotech mods that popped up on relicnews.

Lol, I am only one person, I don't think I can go that fast. How goes the background thing?

Still looking into the backgrounds I have found a few sources for images etc, which I am playing with. I was looking at the PSP Macross game for inspiration as its backgrounds have the correct Macross feel was considering screen grabs plus a bit of manipulation to see if I can rustle up something viable.

goddamn, you should be getting paid for this, this is awesome work.

Chances are if the mod gets enough notoriety in the gaming and Macross/Robotech world then some software house will come sniffing around Shadows inbox.

Either way I will be having a copy.

Edited by big F

lol, I can't take all the credit, almost all of the models are done by the old mod team, all I am doing is getting the them in game. As for releasing a demo, I'll consider it but everything is a mess right now. Also if anybody is willing, I need someone to look into how to make bigger maps in hw2. I started to research this myself but I got occupied by other things.

Hey Shadow, if you want I can give you my Uraga model.

th_uraga-perp2.jpgth_uraga-side.jpgth_uragabelow-1.jpg

I have absolutely no talent for texturing so don't expect me to do it.

Sure, your model is better than mine.

Lol that makes the two of us, I also really suck at texturing.

Edited by shadow3393

lol, I can't take all the credit, almost all of the models are done by the old mod team, all I am doing is getting the them in game. As for releasing a demo, I'll consider it but everything is a mess right now. Also if anybody is willing, I need someone to look into how to make bigger maps in hw2. I started to research this myself but I got occupied by other things.

Whats the biggest you can do so far ?

Hey Shadow3393, first off, Love the progress you have been making with the mod, just about lost hope for a HW2 total conversion till I saw this on the forum, I would like to help out with this project if I can, I have about 3 years experience in 3D modeling and texturing. I have a few examples of my work Though they are untextured at the moment

post-4929-1229567315_thumb.jpg

post-4929-1229567330_thumb.jpg

post-4929-1229567347_thumb.jpg

post-4929-1229567362_thumb.jpg

post-4929-1229569833_thumb.jpg

Hey Shadow3393, first off, Love the progress you have been making with the mod, just about lost hope for a HW2 total conversion till I saw this on the forum, I would like to help out with this project if I can, I have about 3 years experience in 3D modeling and texturing. I have a few examples of my work Though they are untextured at the moment

Lovely models, droooooll

Very good models

Any help is welcome, pm me your contact info and we can talk

Yeah, great models!

And not to bogart your collaborators Shadow, but, yo, Zeiram, if you're interested in lending a hand (or a model) to Macross Aria, we could always use hi-poly models of that caliber.

Wanna know more?

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=28292

And Shadow, I'm not sure if you would have any use for what we're developing, but, we're definitely open to providing you with stuff if we can.

And Shadow, I'm not sure if you would have any use for what we're developing, but, we're definitely open to providing you with stuff if we can.

[xtalballmode]

......... Foresees a future where the HW2 Mod and Macross Aria become one and the same............ a massive playable film

[/xtalballmode]

Edited by big F

Nice Models there really like the Zent ship there. I need to make a low poly Game version of that ship and was wondering if you can make some screen shots of it from different angles?

By the way those models you have shown are awesome, and I wanted to restated that because they are but I was wondering what kind of texturing are you going to do just a basic wrap or are you going to also add bump mapping?

[xtalballmode]

......... Foresees a future where the HW2 Mod and Macross Aria become one and the same............ a massive playable film

[/xtalballmode]

That, my friend, is the right idea.

If I had any idea how to design campaigns for HW2, I would totally design an Aria campaign to contribute to this project. Also, if I were a genius, I would figure out how to fuse FS2 with HW2 so that I could get my space combat simulator fix along with the fleet strategy fix.

Hey, is there a way to include custom cutscenes in HW2?

There is, (PDS Mod did it for several custom missions) but I dont remeber the exact science of it. I think the lod team leader said it was ridiculously labor intensive and somewhat imprecise, so I dont know how well that would work for you. interesting idea though.

... I wonder if shadow could solve the transformation issue for FS, too ^_^