• 3 weeks later...

I was at the Yellow Submarine store in Akihabara today, and I was totally shocked to see that they had the 1/144 FA-2 Fand II pre-paint in stock!

I've had them on pre-order with HLJ for nearly a year now, and they show it as constantly being delayed. So I was totally shocked to see them sitting on a table near the register when I walked in!

Aside from that, about the only Yukikaze stuff I found in Akiba was a version 1/100 EX 1.5 Supersylph Yukikaze for about Y4000. A lot better than the $70 it's been going for on ebay and yahoo japan! They alse had the 1/100 EX Mave for about the same price, but I passed on it. Maybe I'll go back for it.

Oh, and one shop had the Platz 1/72 Fand II for Y10,000. But I already have that one.

WOW, I canceled my order for the Yellow Sub a long time ago after what happened with the Sylphid....basically the same thing only I guess it was officially canceled. A shame too because the prototype I saw looked good. I wonder why they canceled it. Oh well as long as platz still releases their 1/72 Sylphid I'm a happy camper.

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, i'm new to the boards here as well as seeing "yukikaze." I would like to know if anyone out there knows where I can get a Platz 1/72 FFR-31 MR/d with photo-etch parts? I will sell my first born if need be. :rolleyes: Anyways, if anyone has seen one please don't hesitate, thanks.

Hi, i'm new to the boards here as well as seeing "yukikaze." I would like to know if anyone out there knows where I can get a Platz 1/72 FFR-31 MR/d with photo-etch parts? I will sell my first born if need be. :rolleyes: Anyways, if anyone has seen one please don't hesitate, thanks.

There's one on Yahoo Japan Auctions right now. But you'd need to go through a proxy service like Celga to bid on it. They usually sell for about Y12,000.

http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d79116060

That's just about your only option right now. They've been out of production for a few years now.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know if the platz models are still going to be released this month. HLJ says by Dec. 31 but I don't much faith in that. Just hoping someone has heard something more concrete.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

The official Yukikaze website is back up, after being down for at least a month now. It's an entirely new site now, and it has a lot of info on the Blu-Ray box set, which is out in about a month. Including pics of the art books and die-cast Mave model it comes with :)

http://www.faf.jp/images/bluray_img2.jpg

It also confirms that the discs will contain both english language audio and subtitles :D

It'll also have an image gallery, a 'making of' video, and a 3 minute 'Yukikaze Experimental Movie' as bonus content

I'm not too crazy about the box art, but seeing those art books, I know I've gotta have it. So I'm glad I've got it pre-ordered with Amazon. The Mave looks pretty cool too. It's got the weapons loadout from its final battle, including the laser weapon :D

And it's 1/200 scale... kinda makes me wonder if it's based on Omo Ore Toys' ill-fated Yukikaze model project. They had prototypes of just about everything in 1/200 scale.

Lastly, it's looking like Platz's 1/72 Normal Sylph and F/A-27C kits won't make their december release date. No surprise for me there. Every one of their 3 Yukikaze kits were released months late. I think their last kit, the FA-2, was delayed for at least 6 months...

Edited by Valkyrie

If that does have an english track, it'd be worth picking up. I am hoping that one of these days I will find an art book for Yukikaze.

I really dig the aircraft in this series. I'd like to get a closer look at the larger cargo aircraft sometime.

Here's to hoping that I can find this in the states!

B))

I'm not too crazy about the box art, but seeing those art books, I know I've gotta have it. So I'm glad I've got it pre-ordered with Amazon. The Mave looks pretty cool too. It's got the weapons loadout from its final battle, including the laser weapon :D

And it's 1/200 scale... kinda makes me wonder if it's based on Omo Ore Toys' ill-fated Yukikaze model project. They had prototypes of just about everything in 1/200 scale.

I wonder if they ended up at Alter

post-1187-1199492341_thumb.jpg

ok, i saw the last episode months and months ago, AND YES I LIKE THE SERIES, but I do admit Rie did need a little bit more emotion, But saying that I loved the characters design, the female general was crisp new idea. But I do have some questions, does rie survive, and did he become a jam. I dont care what you guys say I liked this series, its a sword of a different color. :p

Sweet! I had no idea!

Where did you find that pic?

It was somewhere in the WF 2007 coverage. Alter had also a poster on display that I think I've seen at Omo Ole before

1564dd7a58cz9.jpg

The line is announced for a 2008 release. And there's still their very decent looking 1/100 Supersylph to come.

post-1187-1199539999_thumb.jpg

I remember those. I just figured they never made to production. So they are still comming? What company makes these again? OmeOre?

Chris

It's looking like 5 of them are being produced by Alter.

The diecast Mave that's included with the Yukikaze Blu-Ray box is 1/200 also, so I'm wondering if it's related to this product line also...

Hi there, I'm a newbie.

I'm a big Fan of fighters (F-14's my favourite) so I love valkyries and of course Yukikaze (and Ace combat).

I was so desperate to find more models of these terrific planes. It seems 2008 will be very promising for us.

I crave for a FRX-00 mave large scale model kit and the FFR-31 sylph. I hope platz or anyone will fulfill my need.

On the other hand Alter Super Sylph look just perfect for a 1/100 model, very crisp.

For now I just start working on my platz super sylph, I will try to post some WIP shots later.

And guess what?

I just found Bandai's ADF-01F Falken 1/100 kit.

One hot design out of the Ace combat video game.

I hope they will release an ADFX-01 Morgan soon.

2008 will be my fighter years.

P.S: What? There is another Yukikaze artbook ("blue&purple")?

I do own the booklet from the special DVD but knowing this, I will go for a hunt to track one and buy it

Geez Bandai just screwed up one more time not publishing this book. They're just good for more Gundam sh*t.

Edited by CAIN MKII

P.S: What? There is another Yukikaze artbook ("blue&purple")?

I do own the booklet from the special DVD but knowing this, I will go for a hunt to track one and buy it

Geez Bandai just screwed up one more time not publishing this book. They're just good for more Gundam sh*t.

Blue and Purple is a Yukikaze art book that was self-published by a couple of the show's mecha designers. It was sold only at Komiket (Comic Market) 70, in August 2006, with an original price of Y2000.

They've gotten real scarce lately, and the few copies that show up on Yahoo Japan Auctions command prices of Y20,000+ (about $200). But it's a great book with a lot of awesome art!

It's mostly mecha art, with accompanying text. There's also a script of some sort, an unused storyboard, and a few pages of Tasukete Mave-Chan art.

Here's the only one that's on yahoo japan right now:

http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f61411125

And some more extensive info on the book (in Japanese)

http://uis4uchi.cocolog-nifty.com/farewell...urpre_f27b.html

Edited by Valkyrie

Blue and Purple is a Yukikaze art book that was self-published by a couple of the show's mecha designers. It was sold only at Komiket (Comic Market) 70, in August 2006, with an original price of Y2000.

They've gotten real scarce lately, and the few copies that show up on Yahoo Japan Auctions command prices of Y20,000+ (about $200). But it's a great book with a lot of awesome art!

It's mostly mecha art, with accompanying text. There's also a script of some sort, an unused storyboard, and a few pages of Tasukete Mave-Chan art.

Here's the only one that's on yahoo japan right now:

http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f61411125

And some more extensive info on the book (in Japanese)

http://uis4uchi.cocolog-nifty.com/farewell...urpre_f27b.html

Thank you valkyrie for your precious answer. I will love it, I'm a huge MECHA geek. lol

Too bad the guy won't sell it oversea. :(

Is there a mean to get one out of japan?

My first shot: yukikaze ready for some priming.

yukikazekityg3.th.jpg

Edited by CAIN MKII

Thank you valkyrie for your precious answer.

Too bad the guy won't sell it oversea. :(

Is there a mean to get one out of japan?

My first shot: yukikaze ready for some priming.

There's a few sites that offer a proxy bidding service to let you buy from Yahoo Japan Auctions (for a fee). I usually use Celga.com

That Supersylph is looking pretty good!

Edited by Valkyrie

There's a few sites that offer a proxy bidding service to let you buy from Yahoo Japan Auctions (for a fee). I usually use Celga.com

That Supersylph is looking pretty good!

^_^

Thanks for your help buddy!

I secured the purchase of the book and I can't wait to have it in my greedy paws! B))

http://www.hlj.com/product/ALT20801 sorry if it has already been posted, for a 1/100 scale is this price a bit too much?

I haven't even seen the show yet, but am deffinenly a fan of this fighter (Yukikaze).

Should i bite? guess what i'm asking is, is the show worth my time tracking down and giving it a watch?

All i hear about it is it's brokebackness and fighter/human affairs. :p

And i need to relate to the show in order to feel good about buying it's products. :)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

http://www.hlj.com/product/ALT20801 sorry if it has already been posted, for a 1/100 scale is this price a bit too much?

I haven't even seen the show yet, but am deffinenly a fan of this fighter (Yukikaze).

Should i bite? guess what i'm asking is, is the show worth my time tracking down and giving it a watch?

All i hear about it is it's brokebackness and fighter/human affairs. :p

And i need to relate to the show in order to feel good about buying it's products. :)

Yeah....1/100 and if it was diecast would probably fetch that price but i doubt its die cast. I guess we are paying for the detail we're getting.

Well diecast would be nice, but what about features? Does the landing gear retract? What about the canopy/cockpit/s, the pilots... are they disembowled with only showing waist up? Do the canopy's even open up? The stand is nice.

Says PVC. So diecast is doubtfull. ><

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie