Macross General SCOOPUDA thread

azrael

It's not an "Itano Circus Exhibition", it's just a part of the exhibits on display at the "Manga Anime Games since 1989" exhibition. Apparently, according to some in the know, the exhibition will be touring internationally throughout the rest of the decade as part of the run-up to the Tokyo Olympics in 2020. The problem with the Macross parts is, of course, going to be Harmony Gold.

The problem with the Macross parts is, of course, going to be Harmony Gold.

I can see them causing a fuss, but I don't see much legal recourse for them. It is an international exhibition of Japanese culture. I am doubtful it will be affected by domestic copyright laws (dubiously secured aside). If that were the case, half of the exhibition would likely be left at home....

Edited by Zinjo

• 2 weeks later...

All Japan Model and Hobby show will be held on September the 25th to 27th. And as an stage event, "Macross Plamodel Symposium" is held on the 26th.

http://hobbyshow.co.jp/stage.html#st_ev05

It figures that the event would happen a few days after I leave Japan!

FYI

It seems you will be able to go and see DoroOff Exhibition on the 21st and 22nd.

http://www.geocities.jp/yatasith_net/dorooff/DOROOFF_EX5poster.jpg

I will go to shoot some videos but take no pics. Because "Illumination Time" is the most important thing at the exhibit.

And I found Eimei Takeda and Max Watanabe at the venue last year. Not to speak of Mr.Satoshi Araki, Mr.Seiji Takahashi and DorobouHige.

Talking about the hobby show, I plan to attend 3 stage shows. That Macross one, about GuP, and new Thunderbirds.

I hope I can hear something about Thunderbird S and the plan to release its plamodel.

Edited by antibiotictab

Wish the Itano circus exhibition would come to Argentina

What? A man can dream...

[sigh..] Allow me to quote my own response to the exact same thing, just FIVE POSTS ABOVE THIS ONE, ATOP THIS VERY PAGE.

It's not an "Itano Circus Exhibition", it's just a part of the exhibits on display at the "Manga Anime Games since 1989" exhibition. Apparently, according to some in the know, the exhibition will be touring internationally throughout the rest of the decade as part of the run-up to the Tokyo Olympics in 2020. The problem with the Macross parts is, of course, going to be Harmony Gold.

Since we're on the topic, I will say that I finally got round to going to this exhibition, and the Itano Circus section is extremely impressive. It is very, very well done, with a lot of production materials such as the pencil genga, layouts and some cels.

I got the accompanying book from the exhibition, but unfortunately the Itano Circus is not in any of its 375 pages (that I can find, anyway)... -_-

any interesting events in early October?

if none, i'll try to move my trip to late September.

Ita-G Festa will be held on October the 4th. AFAIK, it is the only one thing.

You know what "itasha" is.

I wonder if some macross-related cars will still come to the venue.

I took this pic in 2012.

post-14942-0-18644200-1440848812_thumb.jpg

Ita-G Festa will be held on October the 4th. AFAIK, it is the only one thing.

You know what "itasha" is.

I wonder if some macross-related cars will still come to the venue.

I took this pic in 2012.

daaammmnn, that's a sweet ride!

has anyone ever seen a real-world replica of Ozma's Lancia Delta Integrale?

Tonight - a bunch of Macross fans and musicians are holding a Macross tribute concert in Tokyo. Macross, DYRL, Macross 2, Macross 7 and Macross Frontier music is all represented. And the Frontier guitarist it's absolutely rockin' it up!

Of course, the SpeakerPODcast Crew is right in the thick of it all! Full report in a future podcast (^_^)

post-9325-0-98262400-1441475667_thumb.jpgpost-9325-0-66393300-1441475698_thumb.jpg

OMG OMG OMG

The City of Yokosuka will hold a Kazutaka Miyatake exhibition from next month! A talk show will be held on the 24th of October with guests Miyatake-sensei and fellow Studio Nue member, the legendary SF illustrator Naoyuki Kato!

http://www.city.yokosuka.kanagawa.jp/4450/nagekomi/20150911.html

Forgot to mention that the exhibition will be held aboard the actual BATTLESHIP MIKASA!! :o

http://www.kinenkan-mikasa.or.jp/en/build_of_mikasa.html

This calls for a celebration:

Edited by Renato

Next Macross Frontier ichiban kuji merchandise hits late November.
Bearing the subtitle 'Last Frontier', could this be the last Macross Frontier ichiban kuji before they switch to ⊿?

After watching the MF Movies again this weekend, I am honestly wondering how divergent the new series will be from the Frontier story thread. Many many open questions left by the end of the movies...

Edited by Zinjo

Hey, they got rid of the links to the different series! I was just on the page yesterday. :unsure: And none of the actual links (for Plus/Seven/DYRL etc) that are there work. Sigh..

Anyway, here's some news. There will be a Macross model talk show featuring the project managers of the various models next weekend at Big Sight:

http://macross.jp/news/?id=72&category1=2