The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

We'll never get that perfect or near perfect Hot Rod unless maybe it was designed by Hasui, too bad they took him off the masterpiece line. I'll still get this Hot Rod, since no other company is currently offering one. I wish I have the tallent to mod the current MP09 to make a better looking Hot Rod.

Hot Rod just doesn't look good to me in bot mode; the car mode is ok. Easy pass.

Shockwave looks good to me; I'm a huge fan of perfect transformation, whether it's screen accurate or not. I like the engineering required to make it work, so long as the overall aesthetics aren't too compromised.

I've said it before, but I really hope Takara redesigns the F-15 Seeker mold to make the bot more animation accurate. The head mount sitting higher than the shoulder intake area looks so wrong.

Ordered one Diabattles V2, may get a second one.

Definitely getting the prototype version later as well.

This is probably the first transformer/combiner that I like after the V Gundam.

So appealing to adults with its playability and in-universe combat role descriptions. It brings out the inner child in all of us.

Shockwave looks good to me; I'm a huge fan of perfect transformation, whether it's screen accurate or not.

I thought perfect transformation was, by definition, screen-accurate transformation.

Which is not to say that I don't like the idea of reworking him so everything is PART of him. Loose parts are lost parts!

I'm just not sure how you define "perfect" in this case.

can't say i ever liked hot rod's car mode? i thought it looked dumb when i was a kid and still do. the mp-09 and mp-29...both look "ok" to me since i think it looks dumb anyway. man i've a lot of pent up hate for that character. lol. i am definitly buying one so i can have both autobots and decepticons torture him. lol.

man...should i get 2 shockwaves? i'm hesitating because what if they release a toy deco (maybe via hasbro?) later? hmmm....

also anyone see the new diabattles color?

the bright one looks dorky and i never had it as a kid so easy to pass up...this one...loooks cool

https://d2xngy2dw7hums.cloudfront.net/media/photos/products/2015/10/07/211859_30781474_thumbnail.jpg

211859_30781474_thumbnail.jpg

i also hope they will do a V2 of this guy

gats+box+front.jpg

Does anyone else think Shocky's (Shockwave) feet are a tad small or it's being ignore by everyone because he's shocky? :p

New Hot Rod seems to gain a few extra pounds above the belt line and received chicken legs in return. At this point, I wish a 3rd party would step up and make a better Hot Rod with near perfect alt mode. :(

Does anyone else think Shocky's (Shockwave) feet are a tad small or it's being ignore by everyone because he's shocky? :p

New Hot Rod seems to gain a few extra pounds above the belt line and received chicken legs in return. At this point, I wish a 3rd party would step up and make a better Hot Rod with near perfect alt mode. :(

yeah his feet are too narrow compared with his lower leg. they should be almost the same width (both in toon and toy). its being overlooked because shockwave and he at least retained his side profiel swoopiness in his lower legs which 3P failed at (even the new cloudblast fails there...looking angular rathar than swoopy).

hot rod looks kinda body builder ish...who skipped leg day. i think they were trying to give him a more athletic looking silhouette..sort of like how they looked a little bit to "the tick" when they did mp-10....they went a bit too far IMO but it doesn't look bad. i guess if i were a hot rodimus fan i'd be more picky.