Macross Frontier Movie 1,YES it is subbed now edition

sharky

Some questions for Save, Rentato and others who have watched it: -

1) How was the mecha action?

2) Does the Tornado pack actually make an apperance?

3) Does the Tornado pack kick ass?

4) Is the YF-25 Prophecy in the movie.

5) Any noticable design changes to the Quarter or Ozma's VF-25S with Armored Pack or other mecha?

6) Is there actually more atmospheric combat, as was promised?

Seems most of the discussion on the movie so far is about the characters and differences with the TV series, but us mecha-heads want to know about the VFs!!!!!!!!

Graham

5) Any noticable design changes to the Quarter or Ozma's VF-25S with Armored Pack or other mecha?

Seems most of the discussion on the movie so far is about the characters and differences with the TV series, but us mecha-heads want to know about the VFs!!!!!!!!

Graham

I second Graha'm requests! Come one, let us know!

Graham

1) Good but was all at the beginning (space) or end (in the Mac F)

2) Yes

3) Do you even need to ask? Actually, the shoulder cannons werent as powerful as I had hoped but they werent bad.

4) Uhm... dont remember sorry

5) No huge differences that I noticed but then again I wasnt paying attention to those kind of details sorry. Will pay better attention when I see it again next week.

6) As in within the Macross F? If so, see answer (1)

Overall it was loud, large and fun although a little poorly paced (all the action at the beginning or the ending). Also, being far shorter than the series, a lot of character motivations are simplified or else not explained. Yet somehow some of the details that are hinted at in the series are made clear right from the beginning of the movie.

Way, way more new animation than I had been lead to believe. Somewhere between 40%-60% is new. And the final battle was pretty damn cool.

They also rerecorded ALL of the voice work for the movie - so Ranka sounds a little more....sure of herself.

In short, think less Gundam Seed clip movie and more of something between Eva 1.0 and 2.0. Or maybe one of the New Translation movies for Zeta Gundam.

Graham

1) TV stock footage is great on the big screen. The new footage is even better as the camera lens is different and they look like they tower over the audience.

2) Yes it's the main Valk in the end fight, and people think the VF-2SS single cannon is lame.

3) Yes and no, the cannon can rotate 360 and take out the big Vajra in one shot.

4) Nope no sight of it.

5) Quarter has some new heavy gun turrets, fleet ships have more detail that's about it. Vajra have a new main ship, and a new Vajra insect.

6) You mean like Saturn rings type stuff?

Edited by Save

1) TV stock footage is great on the big screen. The new footage is even better as the camera lens is different and they look like they tower over the audience.

2) Yes it's the main Valk in the end fight, and people think the VF-2SS single cannon is lame.

3) Yes and no, the cannon can rotate 360 and take out the big Vajra in one shot.

4) Nope no sight of it.

5) Quarter has some new heavy gun turrets, fleet ships have more detail that's about it. Vajra have a new main ship, and a new Vajra insect.

Good eyes Save!

One thing I neglected to mention (not really a spoiler .....

the Ranka Natto Bukake scene!

Oh, dear oh dear oh dear.... Kawamori has gotten so hentai in his old age.....

This movie definitely ramps up the fan service imo.

Edited by Tochiro

"The clip starts off with a classic VF-1 Valkyrie rising on the launch deck of the Macross Quarter. The VF-1 is fitted with Fast Packs and is covered in a red and orange color scheme similar to Bassar’s Fire Valkyrie from “Macross 7.”"

I must see this now.

Whats the point in watching a subbed camvid?

Not having to wait the bulk of a year to see it after a deluge of spoilers has already inadvertantly told you everything. ^_^

It's not ideal, but if you're desperate....

Dang...it didn't do better than Pretty Cure did on its opening week.

NO

Because MF only release in 30 cinemas

366 ポケモン

364 ドラえもん

341 コナン

323 クレしん

311 メジャー

266 NARUTO

255 たまごっち

235 仏陀再誕

168 ケロロ

156 プリキュア

127 サマーウォーズ

120 ヱヴァ破

*34 TOV

*30 マクロスF

*28 グレンラガン

*20 ハルヒ 

*19 なのは  

*12 Fate

**7 エデン

**6 エウレカ

No, I mean like aerial combat.

In one of the pre-release interviews for the movie, I seem to recall it was said that because most of the combat in the TV series took place in space, there would be a greater emphasis on aerial combat in the movie. Perhaps they are saving it for part 2?

On the subject of part 2, was there a trailer for it at the end of the first movie?

Graham

No, I mean like aerial combat.

In one of the pre-release interviews for the movie, I seem to recall it was said that because most of the combat in the TV series took place in space, there would be a greater emphasis on aerial combat in the movie. Perhaps they are saving it for part 2?

On the subject of part 2, was there a trailer for it at the end of the first movie?

Graham

Well the finale happens inside Island one so there is gravity. Alto does the whole Macross Plus g-force cockpit camera thing and Isamu nose dive last second recovery. So yeah they do it a little bit.

It was at the very end once the credits finish.

Edited by Save

NO

Because MF only release in 30 cinemas

Tell me about it...one of my friends wants to see it, but she lives out in the boonies of Hamamatsu, and she's not willing to make the 8 hour trek out to Tokyo just to see it.

*goes back to avoiding this thread for fear of spoilers*

goes back to avoiding this thread for fear of spoilers

I see through the lies of the Spoiler proof.

I do not fear the spoilers as you do!

I will become the most powerful spoiler sponge the galaxy has every seen!

Don't make me destroy you.

The legs are way too skinny. Sheryl is taller than Ranka and her skinnier legs make the figure unproportion.

Agreed. Apparently the model they used was one of the nowadays trendy skeleton girls. I personally don't find that attractive and am happy that Macross girls like Sheryl actually have curves :)

Anyways... Eventually I will see this movie. Someday...

Pete

Graham

Hi, "Rentato" here :p

I haven't seen the movie yet, and I am ignoring most pages and posts on this thread just to be on the safe side.

I was not going to watch it at all (I just wasn't going to pay craploads of money on something I already saw on TV), then I was on the fence for a while (because I wanted to see all the detail of Island 1 etc on a big screen) and then I remembered that on the 1st of every month the movies are 1000 yen so I think I will go see it next week.

I will be by myself though, as nobody I know likes this stuff. Unless someone here is in the Kyoto area next Tuesday...?

Edited by Renato