Macross Social Game Announced

Tochiro

It's gonna be on Mobage, which means that it's for cellphones, though I'm not trendy enough to own a smartphone so I don't know much else about whether it's compatible with iPhone OS or Android, I assume both. Interesting that they're using the Artdink graphics, though.

I barely understand what any of that means. Is it some kind of cellphone or facebook type game?

Not up to date with current gaming trends eh? remind me to tell you about GREE some time. Preferably when theres a LOT of alcohol involved (the fact that those bastards now have the biggest booth at TGS...grrrr...RAGE!).

But anyways, as has been said by everyone else, Mobage is a mobile phone/smartphone platform. As such, I'd expect this to work with most smartphones.It will most likely be a freemium model of play which is just damn annoying.

That single image is rather interesting - given that the demographic for these games skews a little younger (not kids, but definately a generation not so fixated on owning physical media as fans of the original Macross no doubt are) I would have expected them to be focusing on Macross Frontier content at this stage. Oh well, either way we will see later on this year I suppose.

• 4 weeks later...

Damn, hate freemium games, always need to sepnd so much real cash to buy upgrades, if you actually want to progress in the game.

Would rather just pay a one-off fee and be done.

Graham

That single image is rather interesting - given that the demographic for these games skews a little younger (not kids, but definately a generation not so fixated on owning physical media as fans of the original Macross no doubt are) I would have expected them to be focusing on Macross Frontier content at this stage. Oh well, either way we will see later on this year I suppose.

Well, the official website does show an image of the VF-25F, so I guess there will be Frontier content.

I hope it's not just only available in Japan though.

And I hope they leave out that academy type crap they jammed into MTF.

I just wanna fly around in VFs and blow crap up, not go through so crappy school simulator.

Graham

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the blurry shot (am at work) but there a few new images turned up in issue 10 of Newtype Ace. the article points out some examples of parts you can power up - probably meaning you need to pay to improve stats of said parts.

More interestingly, the release date has changed from 'TBA' to 'Soon.'

post-9325-0-86550100-1339142197_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The news on the main page mentions, mentions that following the websight link takes you to a registration page for the game. Well, I didn't find any registration page. I found a QR code, which I scanned with my phone, which took me to the publishers site, but again, I didn't see any egistration for the Macross game.

Graham

The news on the main page mentions, mentions that following the websight link takes you to a registration page for the game. Well, I didn't find any registration page. I found a QR code, which I scanned with my phone, which took me to the publishers site, but again, I didn't see any egistration for the Macross game.

Graham

Its a mobage game. If you arent logged into a mobage account prior to clicking that link, then its going to ask you to sign up for/input your mobage account details first.

Its a mobage game. If you arent logged into a mobage account prior to clicking that link, then its going to ask you to sign up for/input your mobage account details first.

Ah, today it is opening up to a registration page on my phone, but, not being able to read Japanese, no idea what I should be typing in and also no idea even if a person outside of Japan can register?

And what is Mobage, is it a game company or a mobile phone service provider?

Graham

• 3 weeks later...

Well I got the light version to install and launch on my Atrix. But guess what you need a mobage account to play the game and I can't read Japaneese. So I can't get past the login screen.

Whent here to DL to my computer:http://codekiem.com/2012/02/24/apk-downloader/

Whent here to get the APK: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.mbga.a12008983.lite

Hit and missed my way through registration. My advice alessandro hit the big orange button. Game play is a lot like Storm8 games like Work Wars.

Here is a screen cap of the main screen. Any help in translation is appreciated.

Can't download via Google Play, says not available for my country, Damn HG :(

Nothing to do with HG. Damn internet auto-detect country of access is what it is >.<