MG rex is on the way

I love Ray, but find it very alien looking. While Rex has that awesome crude military feel.

Still as much as I love Rex, I really can't justify 500$ on a toy, which with shipping will be... 700$. If it was remote controlled and it walked then yeah. :p

Yeah, I agree about REX having the more serious look. I had a harder time taking RAY seriously.

$490 includes shipping btw.

Is that worldwide shipping included?

Let's look at the exact quote from the official news letter one more time, shall we...

MGS REX will go onsale at Bambaland on March 2nd at 9-00am, $490USD which includes world wide shipping. MGS REX will get a special newsletter soon !

So yeah, that's a flat $490 no matter where in the world you live. And as Tober said, if you're worried about customs charges, just hit up CS after you've made your order and they'll make a note to list a lower declared value for you. 3A is a bro company like that.

Edited by anime52k8

I wish, but $490 = car insurance deductible I've got to pay. and it's not like I have any room for it anyways.

I thought you were all over it, judging from your enthusiasm for the thing these past months. I'd half-expected you to have saved up a ton of cash just waiting to jump on the pre-order.

In my case, it's the Tumbler I pre-ordered, and the lack of space.

I thought you were all over it, judging from your enthusiasm for the thing these past months. I'd half-expected you to have saved up a ton of cash just waiting to jump on the pre-order.

In my case, it's the Tumbler I pre-ordered, and the lack of space.

well, life happened. And even though swinging this was always a long shot I just wanted to do some cheer leading because this is an amazing product form a company that deserves the support.

Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll do a second release in arctic camo or something. I think I might find it harder to pass up RAY when that happens though. (and I'd be all over some Gekko's if they ever end up doing them.)

I do wonder about how 3A will manage to actually keep Ray up though, considering he has a huge mass stationed on simply two legs (unless they do the original, not MGS4 design with a tail though). Also, I hope they keep the really nice cockpit and LED design elements for Ray as well.

Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll do a second release in arctic camo or something. I think I might find it harder to pass up RAY when that happens though. (and I'd be all over some Gekko's if they ever end up doing them.)

I'd love for them to make some Gekko's. Hopefully they'd be in the same scale as the REX, which means they'll be much smaller and cheaper.

ray had the tail in mgs2.

Yup, although you'll need to have the tail touching the ground all the time, as those tiny feet can't possibly keep the whole fig balanced.

ray1.jpg

Yeah, I think they'll probably go with the version with a tail, although I believe the design for REX is more akin to the MGS4 camo version no? Since it comes with snake as well, doesn't it make more sense story wise to go with the MGS4 version of RAY?

Ah, who knows....all I'm sure of is that twill be great when it comes out. Hope it's out around the same time or so next year...

Well, it looks like those who couldn't catch this during preorder will be getting a second crack at it after all:

Due to popular demand MG REX will be offered through select retailers, the retail version will feature different package design.

Thanks again for the great support of 3A and the MG REX!

Edited by anime52k8