Changing from full version to cellphone version

You can also try logging out, clearing your cookies and logging back in. But you will need to do this from where ever else you have logged in from. This should also reset your skin preferences.

• 4 months later...

I usually browse the forums on my Samsung Android phone. I was trying to read the presentation in a member's profile, but I had to switch to Full Version to be able to see it for some reason. Now I can't switch back to the Mobile Version. I've had this problem before, but I can't remember how I fixed it then. That "Change Theme" button is just not there, not on any of my phone's web browsers or in Firefox or Internet Explorer on my PC. It only says "Mark Community Read" and "Help" next to the RSS button. Logging out, removing cookies and logging back in doesn't help. What more could be done?

Count me in as one who can't see the change back option. Here's the mobile version:

post-10360-0-48905600-1424818006_thumb.png

And after I change to full, the bottom left area in question (zoomed in a bit):

post-10360-0-12967200-1424818031_thumb.png

This is on an Android phone, via chrome browser.

Edited by mickyg

Bizarre... My iPhone looks exactly like the screenshot I posted from my Nexus 5 Android phone. I just don't see any item to select to show me how to go back to mobile. Maybe I'm missing something?

Can you post a screenshot of what it is I should be looking for?

Edited by mickyg

Sorry Micky... maybe the other mods can help but at this point I'm thinking it's the new OS not gelling with the IPB. I'm on IO7. I can't replicate the problem until I get a new phone...

so if anyone wants to donate so I can get a new phone... :p

Bizarre... My iPhone looks exactly like the screenshot I posted from my Nexus 5 Android phone. I just don't see any item to select to show me how to go back to mobile. Maybe I'm missing something?

Can you post a screenshot of what it is I should be looking for?

with my Android phone using Chrome, I have to go into the browser options to select "request desktop site" as it would seem there is no visible option to do so on the website directly..

personally I think the mobile site is better for the phone but certain post options such as adding attachments are not available and you have to flick back to the full site. But then the full site doesn't behave so well on the phone.

I would blame the shonky Android software before blaming the website for that.

Honestly, it's not really that big a deal to me. I work in IT though (specifically in support) so any time I see something others are having trouble with, my natural instinct is to start documenting the issue with anything I can find myself.

Problems not in iOS 8. Iphone 6plus. I can switch easily.

Interesting. My iPhone 5 is running iOS 8 as well and I definitely don't have that option to "change theme" in mine.

(and it looks like I just reported this post by mistake - hope no mods were injured clamouring to take care of my supposed "complaint" :p )

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe the "change theme" option is only enabled for mods/admins, I've never seen it available on any platform either.

"Look at the big brain on Brad."

Posted with test profile.

post-151-0-96092400-1426278782_thumb.png

I checked the set up and set publicly... Going to look at it again.

• 1 year later...

I apoligize for the necro of sorts, but I have the same problem in reverse due to the forums software update.  Is there any way to manually select the full page layout on my phone?  

I really would rather see the entire normal page on my mobile phone, because so many shortcuts get nixed with the mobile version.

I don't believe there is. The new forum software is designed to be more mobile friendly as more people rely on their mobile devices as their primary web browser. Therefore, most features which previously were exclusive to desktop are now available in mobile. I would suggest changing themes to the White-Blue theme as this has resolved some of rendering issues with the default theme.

Ah, guess progress marches on.  It's not an issue with the rendering or the theme, it's just that the mobile version pares down the links and options displayed on the page, including a few I tend to use a lot.  Probably an issue to take up with the forum software authors then.

My main issue was that I couldn't find a shortcut back to the forum top page, but the title banner at the top seems to work now, so it may have just been a phone glitch for me earlier.