AKIRA LIVE ACTION MOVIE = Life Support?

It hurt me to make this almost as much as it will hurt you to look at it.

As much as I hate the idea of a live action (American made or otherwise) version of Akira and as much as I wanted to stay away from the current conversation about who should play who, that poster actually made me LOL.

There's always a chance that Hollywood will pleasantly surprise, but I don't care to keep my hopes up. Just leave some things alone.

-b.

It hurt me to make this almost as much as it will hurt you to look at it.

Epic man, that was hilarious. If this movie was made, I'd go see it.

Does anyone here play F.E.A.R.? Some aspects of the story reminded me of Akira. Also, some recent Star Wars Force attacks also reminded me of Akira. There was one scene when a Force user makes bodies around him explode....similar scene in FEAR 3.

Does anyone here play F.E.A.R.? Some aspects of the story reminded me of Akira.

I've played the original and it's expansions, very nice game. Some similarity to Akira, but not much. Hidden research into paranormal ability is really about it. Without the amazing colossal growing Tetsuo it is hard to make a direct comparison.

• 2 months later...

That would make too much sense... try:

"How much did we pay for this franchise? WTF? What the hell is an Akira anyway? I don't care if you have to get Schumaker and he wants to put nipples on the Akira! Put this money sucking property out! Let's get some concept drawings leaked... nothing wets a fanboys' panties more than concept drawings no matter how shitty they are.

Someone! make an announcement about an announcement!!!"

G5! G5!

less-grossman-gets-crunk-o.gif

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Taking Akira out of Tokyo seems like a crazy idea to me. But to be honest, I really liked 'Infernal Affairs' and I thought 'The Departed' was a crazy idea. But then I saw the remake and really enjoyed it. Akira seems like a different beast though. I predict the only thing they will keep is Kaneda's bike...

It could be great, it could be garbage, just have to wait and see. Personally, I don't see how they could pull off Tetsuo's hideos transformation at the end - even with modern computer graphics. The other thing I'm worried about is the soundtrack - the African percussion sound was unique and helped make the movie.

Not a pro

It could be great, it could be garbage, just have to wait and see. Personally, I don't see how they could pull off Tetsuo's hideos transformation at the end - even with modern computer graphics. The other thing I'm worried about is the soundtrack - the African percussion sound was unique and helped make the movie.

Not a problem.

I predict the only thing they will keep is Kaneda's bike...

Yeah, unless the studio decides to make it a "Power-Harley" instead of a "Power-Honda" to appeal to the American bike loving audience. We could end up with a blonde fella sitting on top of a huge monster bike with chromed pistons and hoses everywhere a la Transformers.

I'll start saving in case the design remains intact and these guys decide to produce it: http://www.hammacher.com/Product/Default.aspx?sku=11862&refsku=11894&xsp=1

I'll start saving in case the design remains intact

Pretty much close! I stumble with this last year and looks bada$$, the guy who drew it seems to be a pro-artist and stuff.

post-8744-0-18074800-1319146191_thumb.jpg

http://maciejkuciara.com/index.html

http://maciej.cghub.com/

http://maciejkuciara.blogspot.com/

http://tiger1313.deviantart.com/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit to add: Tron: Legacy's Garrett Hedlund Is Frontrunner for Akira Lead

http://www.animenews...-for-akira-lead

Edited by Lobizon

lol at Robotech fans who have been waiting for a film to get greenlit at least a year longer than Akira has been licensed for production.

Well, I think that this project will be the key for the RT:LAM. There is no way that it will be greenlit while this is in production and if the Akira films stuffs up (high probability of that), I think that people can kiss the RT:LAM goodbye for sure.

Time will tell.

I hope those involved in the film know that the original wasn't all about biker gangs. There's more to it than Kaneda's bike. And good luck trying to translate everything else into the big screen without freaking people out.

If the movie doesn't freak people the hell out it isn't even worth making.

I hope those involved in the film know that the original wasn't all about biker gangs. There's more to it than Kaneda's bike. And good luck trying to translate everything else into the big screen without freaking people out.

Sonf of Cyberpunk-anarchy? May be a bit too tempting for the studio to pass up...ugh

Sonf of Cyberpunk-anarchy? May be a bit too tempting for the studio to pass up...ugh

Think Torque (Fast and Furious with motorcycles) or Biker Boyz with science fiction elements put in and the disturbing imagery taken as seriously as naked Dr. Manhattan in the Watchman was by audiences.

I probably still like Kanye West's version better when it's made.

Think Torque (Fast and Furious with motorcycles) or Biker Boyz with science fiction elements put in and the disturbing imagery taken as seriously as naked Dr. Manhattan in the Watchman was by audiences.

I probably still like Kanye West's version better when it's made.

Can Schwartzenager play Tetsuo? His one liners would be hilarious.