Maggie (a.k.a. Arnold Schwarzenegger vs. Zombies)

Wow, that looks refreshingly different.

Good cast, too.

It looks overly melodramatic and predictable to me. Either he's going to end blowing the girls head off out of mercy, letting her go and most likely end on a cliffhanger, or pull a deus ex machina cure out of his butt.

None of those possibilities appeal to me, and they will more than likely leave me asking "I sat through two hours of this for that?".

Edited by renegadeleader1

It looks overly melodramatic and predictable to me. Either he's going to end blowing the girls head off out of mercy, letting her go and most likely end on a cliffhanger, or pull a deus ex machina cure out of his butt.

None of those possibilities appeal to me, and they will more than likely leave me asking "I sat through two hours of this for that?".

He could be reprising his role as Hercules, son of Zeus. THAT would be an interesting zombie movie.

One scene toward the end of the trailer gave away the ending...

His tears are the cure.

I think I'm with Renegadeleader on this one. I want to like it - especially because it seems like a daring change from the boring crap that's become the norm for Schwarzenegger - but I'm not feeling it. It's just too melodramatic and forced. Perhaps it's just a bad trailer. Maybe there's hope. I want to believe...oops, wrong thread ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

just saw it, the movie includes:

1. An Austrian farmer.

2. Meaningful stares.

3. House chores.

3. unkept houses.

4.Broken capillaries/dermatitis.

5. Zombie teen angst.

6. Doctor visits.

7. A single salty tear from Arnie..most likely from a tension headache..it's hard to tell.

(If it was emotion..I guess his preparation for the scene would have been.."my dog's dead and it won't be back".

8. Copout artsy ending.

just saw it, the movie includes:

1. An Austrian farmer.

2. Meaningful stares.

3. House chores.

3. unkept houses.

4.Broken capillaries/dermatitis.

5. Zombie teen angst.

6. Doctor visits.

7. A single salty tear from Arnie..most likely from a tension headache..it's hard to tell.

(If it was emotion..I guess his preparation for the scene would have been.."my dog's dead and it won't be back".

8. Copout artsy ending.

Yup... suckfest. Imagine all the stupidest decisions you can make with a loved one turning into a zombie and a film that says it's all OK... because love.

I seen stuff in toilet bowls with more charisma than this movie.

I hope he doesn't choose a gritty courtroom drama next.

Better that than a horrible attempt at rebooting Terminator. Oh, whoops!

I managed to read some wargame rules through the whole movie on Sunday. It is not horrible as such - just totally forgettable. It was a new take on the zombie movie theme that just fell flat. With some slight tweaks to the script and perhaps a better director (or different one) this could have been a very good film.

Most of what I've heard of this movie is that it was a wasted opportunity.

That is probably the best short description for it. They did try though, only problem is they failed.

A good zombie film is not really focused on the zombies as such, "Night of the living Dead" was about racism, the one in the mall was about consumerism, etc... This one tried to be about a dysfunctional family but just didn't pull it off.