Unfortunately, I missed the entire session with Mari, but BigKid24 and Solscud were cool enough to get me an autographed CD.

Thanks guys!!

I had a great time meeting new people and making friends.

Hope you guys enjoyed the cake. ;)

oh heck yeah!!! that cake was fantastic. Truly a work of art. I had the pleasure, more my impacience than anythign else, to open the cake box first. The minute I saw the cake an expletive of sheer amazement left my mouth. Then I had to share this marvel with everyone. I grabbed anyone within eyesight had them immediately drop what ever converstation they were having and told them "you gotta see this cake!!!!"

I would liek to thank Hurin for showing off his fantastic DVD. Great intro splash page too. Looks familar but cant quite place it haha. I think Duke Togo made it haha j/k

I have read the thread but didnt really follow it much. But when I saw it "wow" I need to get an R2 disc now. Seiichi get me one please!!!!

Thanks to Ali for the subtitles.

Hoepfully, for those who attended this years and last years Con remember, Shawn had a tape last year of an interview of the cast for DYRL. Thanks to seiichi for taping back in 1984. Shawn finally converted it to DVD. Now that we know of Hurin's abilities and Ail's subtitling prowess we can get that sucker translated and processed for everyone's enjoyment.

Edited by Solscud007

Yeah, thanx NMB4M for the awesome kick @$$ cake!! Funny how we all just ate the cake with our hands. And we kept the cockpit intact! :p:D:lol:

why did egan disappeared anyway? is their a story behind this?

It's a long story, but it's basically an inside joke. ;) In past events like AX, I've make a point of waiting until everyone else has had a chance to ask her questions/get autographs/take pictures so that everyone gets a fair shot. (Most times like yesterday, I don't even do any of that, except volunteer to shoot cameras for other people.)

That led to good-nature joking from Don Yee and friends that I'm avoiding her (as nice a person as she is), and I play along with the joke with those guys. It's become second nature. ;)

I promise promise promise next year i will attend definately without a doubt and i will DEFINATELY have some nice finished macross models to show off next year.

Oh by the way i vote macross con 6 live in tokyo.....cmon cmon group air fair

it would be a great adventure and a nice week long vacation culminating in a day of macross

sue me for being a sucker for adventure

:D

minmay

HOLY SMOKES!

who built that minmay in the red dress? that looks incredible!

That's the one built by Ryuji in the Models section of the board.

Mari was cool to talk to. We mentioned how before we were sort of scared to get her to sign things related to Macross but she was perfectly fine with everything we shoved in her face to get signed.

Has anyone listened to her CDs yet?

minmay

HOLY SMOKES!

who built that minmay in the red dress? that looks incredible!

That's the one built by Ryuji in the Models section of the board.

Mari was cool to talk to. We mentioned how before we were sort of scared to get her to sign things related to Macross but she was perfectly fine with everything we shoved in her face to get signed.

nope, I thought about bumpin it in my car today, but I think I'll listen to it when I get home. :p:D:lol:

I listened to "Wonderful People" while I was waiting in the airport. Not bad. I will

have to listen to it a few more times to make a firm impression, but I liked it

enough to keep listening to it, and I am thinking about getting some of her other

CDs.

I have say once again that I had a blast! I had no idea what to expect when I

showed up, and the event totally surpassed my expectations.

It was great meeting so many of the people I chat with on the boards, and I can

now place a face to many of the screen names, too.

Special thanks to Shawn for providing the forum that brought us together, Nick for

acting as host and securing a fabulous facility, and Seiichi for accepting in trade

my dirty old American dollars for some really cool Macross books and models.

I will post the pictures I took as soon as I dump them onto my computer.

Later

Mike

Special thanks to Shawn for providing the forum that brought us together, Nick for

acting as host and securing a fabulous facility, and Seiichi for accepting in trade

my dirty old American dollars for some really cool Macross books and models.

Shawn is a great guy , i freakin flip when i ponder life wihtout these boards....

Thanks Shawn (and Grahm)

I wanna cry when i think that this is the last year there....very nice

Thanks Sol....( and your girldfriendds)

Seiichi-san is sooooo nice to deal with...you guys better buy stuff from him when he opens his web site.

The place was filled with smiles and was a great time for all...

Thanks dudes.

Embarrissing side note B)) ...... when got home i thought of how cool it would be if we were all part of the same flight squadrin, you know if valks were real and we were all pilots... some guys would be good destroid pilots and some would be great valk pilots...most of us would prob spend all our time in the garage champing up our valks destroids instead of models and toys (i hate using that word).

Yes we would be on helluva squad...!!!!!

Edited by orguss01

I actually listened to Mari's CD Wonderful People. Not bad stuff at all. Much of it is quite jazzy and melodic, and catchy. I played it on the way home through the car's bose system, and it's good. I want to hear more. :D

I would never *ahem* condone piracy of any sort, but could someone rip the cd for me? I had to skip out after the first 45 minutes because I had to go home for lunch with my parents. When I got back, she had already left. I'd be curious to hear what her music sounds like. If anyone could help me out, it would be appreciated.

I would never *ahem* condone piracy of any sort, but could someone rip the cd for me? I had to skip out after the first 45 minutes because I had to go home for lunch with my parents. When I got back, she had already left. I'd be curious to hear what her music sounds like. If anyone could help me out, it would be appreciated.

Yeah, I to do not condone "ahem" piracy, yet I too would like what he's having. ;)

Also, Solscud could you send me that copy of Seichi's disc. Thanks!

Glad you guys enjoyed the cake. So who kept the cockpit? Since it was never eaten. Wish I could have joined you guys at dinner. Maybe next time, we'll do something or other.

Edited by nightmareB4macross