All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

Guest davidwhangchoi

on portable gaming i've been re-playing the ace attorney trilogy 3ds starting with the 3rd installment. really enjoy these text/story/novel games. don't know why, i play it more than my ps3/4 as of now.

ended up with both steam and ps3/4 resident evil 1 gamecube remaster. pc is superior bc it gives you the option of 30/60fps toggle and AA enhancement. which neither the ps3 or ps4 gives you. (ps3 runs @ 720p, ps4 @ 1080p)

i know why i never finished this game the first time around while finishing zero and 4 on the gamecube. zero and 4 were new stories. i completed playstation RE1 100 times over, so i sort of got bored knowing the major overall plot, (i guess i'm in it for the story) second, the game is hard once i found about having to burn zombies and didn't want to bother. the new learning curve coupled with knowing the plot kind of steered me away from it. i think the whole layout is different so i might try to plow through it. (i skipped metal gear solid gamecube remake for the same reason)

i get the same feeling when i got resident evil 4 hd remaster on steam. i can't play through it knowing the story. somehow it doesn't interest me anymore...

ace attorney, i forgot the story so it's nice to pick it up again. giving you the fastforward button to skip stuff is a big plus.

and just picked up jake hunter: past memories (old ds game) and going to give it a whirl tonight.

second game i've been playing is Soul Suspect on steam i picked up for 5 bucks. mystery detective story finding clues of who murdered you while you're a ghost going around. story is interesting but the action is repetitive and boring.

i'm hoping resident evil revelations 2 is a good game. but i'm not high on this episodic stuff...

I have Assassin's Creed Unity and Watch_Dogs on PS4, haven't started either of them. I've got Ryse untouched for Xbox One, and I haven't finished Forza Horizon 2. And let's not get into how many games I've bought and either haven't finished or haven't even played in my Steam library.

So what am I playing. Lego Batman 2. Maybe I'll pick up the third one later.

What I really want, but not $70 want, is to import Gundam Breaker 2...

Guest davidwhangchoi

I have Assassin's Creed Unity and Watch_Dogs on PS4, haven't started either of them. I've got Ryse untouched for Xbox One, and I haven't finished Forza Horizon 2. And let's not get into how many games I've bought and either haven't finished or haven't even played in my Steam library.

So what am I playing. Lego Batman 2. Maybe I'll pick up the third one later.

What I really want, but not $70 want, is to import Gundam Breaker 2...

congrats on the in coming baby. my friends all stayed up nights for the first 6-12 months taking turns supporting the wife and while the baby was constantly keeping them awake. since they were up, they would venture down to the basement and play some games while taking a break... lol

you know watch dogs is actually pretty decent. it reminds me of sleeping dogs clone more than an assassin's creed clone. i actually wanted to finish it and was motivated. and kept replaying the side missions after i was done with the game. maybe it was the city setting that appealed to me. the acting is silly but if you can get over resident evil you can get over this.

it's an overly simple GTA type game which each vehicle is very simple and easy to drive. (played it on PS4) far cry 4 took over as the game i just randomly boot up now to just do random side missions. but watchdogs is not too bad at all. if you balance your expectations.

i know why i never finished this game the first time around while finishing zero and 4 on the gamecube. zero and 4 were new stories. i completed playstation RE1 100 times over, so i sort of got bored knowing the major overall plot, (i guess i'm in it for the story) second, the game is hard once i found about having to burn zombies and didn't want to bother. the new learning curve coupled with knowing the plot kind of steered me away from it. i think the whole layout is different so i might try to plow through it. (i skipped metal gear solid gamecube remake for the same reason)

i get the same feeling when i got resident evil 4 hd remaster on steam. i can't play through it knowing the story. somehow it doesn't interest me anymore...

The fun thing about REmake is that it isn't an exact copy of the original. There is an added story that make the game a whole lot creepier. The updated mansion layout is even better than the original. Most of the puzzles have been redone in some way or another. Burning zombies while tedious is not a necessity, you just have to deal with the consequences. Don't plow through it, take your time and enjoy climbing the mountain.

For me REmake is the best RE ever made, though RE2 is still my favorite due to nostalgia. Metal gear solid the twin snakes is a terrible game and you should avoid it, just replay the ps1 version.

For the record there is nothing wrong with playing one of the Traveller's Tales Lego games. They're easy to pick up and play, have tons of nostalgic fun for what ever brand you may like(Indy, Star Wars, marvel, DC, Harry Potter etc), and have some of the best puzzles that manage to be challenging without crossing the line into pure frustration.

I just completed all achievements on Lego Marvel to go along with completing Lego Indy 1, Lego Indy 2, Lego Starr Wars complete saga, and Lego Batman 1 and 2.

The Lego games aren't the only ones I completed, there was also Mercenaries 2, and Saboteur too. :)

For the record there is nothing wrong with playing one of the Traveller's Tales Lego games. They're easy to pick up and play, have tons of nostalgic fun for what ever brand you may like(Indy, Star Wars, marvel, DC, Harry Potter etc), and have some of the best puzzles that manage to be challenging without crossing the line into pure frustration.

I just completed all achievements on Lego Marvel to go along with completing Lego Indy 1, Lego Indy 2, Lego Starr Wars complete saga, and Lego Batman 1 and 2.

The Lego games aren't the only ones I completed, there was also Mercenaries 2, and Saboteur too. :)

I loved the Lego Star Wars games, which led me to buy the first Lego Batman and the first Lego Indy. I honestly didn't care for Lego Indy, and while I liked Lego Batman, it felt tedious at times.

I decided to give Lego Batman 2 and Lego Marvel a shot when they went on a Steam sale, and am just now getting into Lego Batman 2. I'm digging it, from a level design POV (and Superman is just so broken and so fun), but I'm actually not too keen on the open word design. Sure, it gives you a big area to wander around in and look for gold bricks, but I kind of liked the old hub where you could buy guys instead of having to look for them.

Guest davidwhangchoi

The fun thing about REmake is that it isn't an exact copy of the original. There is an added story that make the game a whole lot creepier. The updated mansion layout is even better than the original. Most of the puzzles have been redone in some way or another. Burning zombies while tedious is not a necessity, you just have to deal with the consequences. Don't plow through it, take your time and enjoy climbing the mountain.

For me REmake is the best RE ever made, though RE2 is still my favorite due to nostalgia. Metal gear solid the twin snakes is a terrible game and you should avoid it, just replay the ps1 version.

going to give it a shot again. re 1 was my favorite. i felt 2 was the most unique of having the 2 discs and multiple combinations of starting w clair or leon. and definitely played the hell out of it.

re one was the best bc finding out what was going was part of the tension... the best part was finding new areas like the hidden staircase in the dormitory leading to the lab area. as well as the captain's involvement. very suspenseful.

2 was like an action movie, a great one.

Guest davidwhangchoi

wow , check out this guy's place he designed, he's using unreal engine 4;

they should hire him for silent hills P.T. or Gone Home HD remake

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

I feel like a vampire for not being able to see my own reflection in the mirrors. LOL.

i was waiting for a character from Portal or something.

Anyone order Majora's Mask New 3DS XL from Fry's? Looks like a lot of them are being cancelled due to overselling issues.

Man, I wonder how limited this release really is. The monster hunter version seems to go on sale every other day if you keep your eyes out. I actually think Nintendo should do a second run of this MM edition just to spite the scalpers.

Round 1 recently opened up an arcade here in Arlington, Texas. They have a game that pretty much uses the same exact cabinet, except you're flying a fighter jet and attacking other jets. The experience is awesome. The only downside is that after only one game, I had trouble standing and walking after getting out of the pod. I suspect that if you have issues with vertigo sickness, you might not be able to really enjoy this one. Looking forward to seeing it in an arcade!

Guest davidwhangchoi

Round 1 recently opened up an arcade here in Arlington, Texas. They have a game that pretty much uses the same exact cabinet, except you're flying a fighter jet and attacking other jets. The experience is awesome. The only downside is that after only one game, I had trouble standing and walking after getting out of the pod. I suspect that if you have issues with vertigo sickness, you might not be able to really enjoy this one. Looking forward to seeing it in an arcade!

i got dizzy full screening the vid 1080p 60fps, for a few moments

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

They named the new system the New Nintendo 3DS, you expect SANITY?

lol, i preordered the monster hunter 4 one but seeing the PC process i have to do, i want to actually swap to a bigger micro SD , i was like wow....

Edited by davidwhangchoi

lol, i preordered the monster hunter 4 one but seeing the PC process i have to do, i want to actually swap to a bigger micro SD , i was like wow....

Couldn't you just buy the bigger microSD before doing the system transfer?

Likewise, I couldn't sit through the plodding pace of the video, but is there a reason why you wouldn't just do the wireless transfer instead of the PC transfer?

Guest davidwhangchoi

Couldn't you just buy the bigger microSD before doing the system transfer?

Likewise, I couldn't sit through the plodding pace of the video, but is there a reason why you wouldn't just do the wireless transfer instead of the PC transfer?

true, but prob in the future i'll get a micro sd but not sure if i'm going to get one in time. i heard the PC transfer is the fastest way to transfer stuff over but i could be wrong bc i never did it through PC. i did it once through wireless and it took a bit. i just thought it was funny bc it's an official instructional video by Nintendo.

I get that nintendo is afraid of pirated content but that transfer system is just stupid.

Yeah, I thought that Nintendo's move to a Nintendo Network ID would be good, but your DLs are still linked to hardware. It's why I'm not really worried about getting bigger card when I eventually get a New 3DS XL. I've only bought a handful of downloadable titles, and never anything that I can get a physical copy of.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i had a 50 coupon to bestbuy for a cancelled pre-ordered, was thinking of getting order of 1886 but found out today someone leaked the gameplay on youtube and it was 5 hours to beat.

not sure anymore :wacko::(

now, im thinking of final fantasy type 0 HD but not sure... :unsure:

Edited by davidwhangchoi