Poll: DYRL Whites and the Venerable VF-1

technoblue

Concerning DYRL White for VF-1 Valkyries  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Which white do you prefer for your DYRL Valkyries?

• Off white!
    • Bright white!
    • I don't care, as long as Arcadia doesn't abandon the VF-1 design.

I prefer the off white VF-1 as it looks a little more realistic/military than the super bright white scheme IMO. That said, we're talking about jets that turn into robots so it really just comes down to personal tastes.

No arguments here, Deadeye! Discovering those personal tastes has been half the fun for me.

And before I forget, a big thank you to everyone who has voted and/or commented thus far.

I asked MrK via Twitter about the announcements of the next VF-1 releases and he responded...

"It's still a secret"

Will they announce something at WF? only time will tell.

That would be cool if we got more of a hint, but I need to keep my expectations in check. :p

• 1 month later...

So I thought I'd ask this here since this thread seemed the most relevant. I've got a line on an Arcadia DYRL Roy 1S that I can get locally, I've read that Arcadia went with the nice TV bright white as opposed to the nasty off white that Yamato used on their DYRL valks, my question is can the Arcadia DYRL Roy pass as a TV version Roy 1S? I'm not building a Skull Squadron, I mean I liked DYRL but I'm not double dipping on an entire squad, I'm trying to finish off my TV Vermillion Squad and I need a Roy 1S and Hikaru 1J, Arcadia is releasing a Hikaru 1J with the stupid missile armor so I'll get him then, but I just wanted to know if I'd be safe grabbing the Arcadia Roy 1S to finish off my TV squad.

question on off white, does it gets yellowish when displayed in an area with sunlight?

it's not as simple as sunlight/no-sunlight.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=41472#entry1140053

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=39370&hl=yellowing#entry1051866

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=38976#entry1037803

my question is can the Arcadia DYRL Roy pass as a TV version Roy 1S

I've had my Arcadia Hikaru DYRL 1S next to my Yamato Roy TV 1S, couldn't discern a major difference in the whiteness of the plastic under sunlight FWIW.

thanks for the link

i had a nice read. ;)

so I am revising my question, does off-white has the tendency to gets yellow overtime?

The flight suit has a new design. Here are some cropped pics from hobbysearch:

Edit: Too slow for Falcon18. :)

DYRL Roy

post-5492-0-01133800-1408712648.png

TV Roy

post-5492-0-04529800-1408712674.png

Edit2: The oldest DYRL Valkyrie I own is my Roy VF-1S, which I bought back in 2008 from valkyrie-exchange.com . It has been in and out in the open air plenty of times over the years and I haven't noticed any yellowing or old brown glue. Unfortunately, I have not been lucky with shoulders on the 'unsafe' v2 Valkyries. My Yamato 1S Roy and the one Hikaru 1A the I own finally developed cracked shoulders.

Edited by technoblue

That's a pretty big difference, I forgot Roy had that colored flight suit in the show, I always remembered him in the big shoulder pad DYRL flight suit. I always thought since he got the badder valkyrie with the extra horses and head lasers he'd have the cooler flight suit with the shoulder pads, either way I think the DYRL pilot is more iconic, I'm grabbing that Arcadia while I can, maybe down the line I'll look to see if I can get my hands on a TV Roy pilot.