DX Chogokin YF-25 Prophecy

SaitouSad

Question for those that have both: how does the blue on the YF-25 compare to the blue on the VF-25G? I'm wondering how the 25G tornado parts would look on the YF-25.

:D

15099492452_d9b935f501_b.jpg

Banda DX Chogokin - YF-25 Prophecy x Tornado Parts [VF-25G ver.] by Projekt:ZeroThree, on Flickr

14913220480_9b7fb61a25_b.jpg

Banda DX Chogokin - YF-25 Prophecy x Tornado Parts [VF-25G ver.] by Projekt:ZeroThree, on Flickr

Edited by Saburo

The blue matches, but I'm not sure if there's too much of it.

If the Tornado wing pieces had a bit more orange and white it would flow well with the YF-25.

Great pics as always.

The tornado parts are kinda goofy imo. haha

Thanks! Haha... The Tornado parts are big and they take up more room than I expected. I have been calling the Tornado VF-25, Big Bird because they are large and a bit awkward. :lol:

Edited by Saburo

Those Tornado parts looks REALLY nice on the Prophecy! :)

Agree, but that is one colorful bird with the 25G Tornado Parts.

And of course, excellent pictures Saburo. LOL @ Big Bird, I would love if that nickname stuck for all Tornado Part equipped Valkyries.

-b.

And yes, there is a valk inside!! Haha, was a bit freaked out by the sight of the cardboard cover, as this is my first DX Chogokin valk and I was expecting a plastic tray covering Yamato/Arcadia style. It's gorgeous in person!

post-197-0-38863600-1410035775_thumb.jpg

post-197-0-44177800-1410035788_thumb.jpg

Well, no harm in trying. If anything happens you'll get your money back anyway (fingers crossed)

I did get a YF-29 30th Anniversary for $110 on Amazon so I'm damn happy with that (THINK its new, didn't transform to check joints)

Thank you, thank you, and thank you for posting that amazing Amazon listing, ULessa! I got a shipping notice shortly after I ordered, but no tracking number. I figured the seller must have shipped unregistered SAL, but couldn't help but worry a bit, haha. Seller completely came through and again, thank you ULessa!

Already got a VF-25A on the way (paid $144 shipped for it, not nearly as good as $92 shipped :lol: but I figured it was still decent) so I can recreate a little section of the hangar scene from the Macross F movie.

Thank you again, ULessa!!

And yes, there is a valk inside!! Haha, was a bit freaked out by the sight of the cardboard cover, as this is my first DX Chogokin valk and I was expecting a plastic tray covering Yamato/Arcadia style. It's gorgeous in person!

attachicon.gif025.jpg

attachicon.gif101.jpg

Thank you, thank you, and thank you for posting that amazing Amazon listing, ULessa! I got a shipping notice shortly after I ordered, but no tracking number. I figured the seller must have shipped unregistered SAL, but couldn't help but worry a bit, haha. Seller completely came through and again, thank you ULessa!

Already got a VF-25A on the way (paid $144 shipped for it, not nearly as good as $92 shipped :lol: but I figured it was still decent) so I can recreate a little section of the hangar scene from the Macross F movie.

Thank you again, ULessa!!

Glad that you got your stuff! Its always nice to get a cheap Valk!

Duymon, is that Tornado YF-25 from the Macross 30 game? This version has much less white and orange than the one in the PSP game (I have only seen a very small picture that from someone's post). I have been trying to find pictures of the Tornado YF-25 scheme. Could you please post more pictures in different angles? And if there is a version with more white and orange, can you please post that too? Thank you in advance.

While we'll most likely get supers, I really wish we could have Tornado or Armored YF-25's too :0

attachicon.gifWP_20140906_18_17_07_Pro.jpgattachicon.gifWP_20140906_18_16_37_Pro.jpg

Also, hope one day to see the Leon Version. Perhaps it'll be a web exclusive?

attachicon.gifWP_20140906_18_17_36_Pro.jpg

I... actually think the way the Michael tornado parts look on the YF-25 better than the 'official' ones. I think perfect would be Michael's cannons, wings with the same color layout as Michaels but with orange replacing the blue, and white engine pods like Alto's except with the red accents replaced by orange.

Edited by anime52k8

I... actually think the way the Michael tornado parts look on the YF-25 better than the 'official' ones. I think perfect would be Michael's cannons, wings with the same color layout as Michaels but with orange replacing the blue, and white engine pods like Alto's except with the red accents replaced by orange.

I honestly don't like the michaels. Too much Blue. The Altos with red highlghts look better for me. Maybe someday I'll color the red orange to match :0

14982044670_963ac88250_o.jpg

Ah snap I need to dust my photo booth :0

Edited by Duymon

Agree, but that is one colorful bird with the 25G Tornado Parts.

And of course, excellent pictures Saburo. LOL @ Big Bird, I would love if that nickname stuck for all Tornado Part equipped Valkyries.

-b.

Maybe if there was a yellow color scheme of VF-25 Tornado, the name Big Bird would stick even more. :lol:

post-23462-0-50147900-1410122074_thumb.jpg

I honestly don't like the michaels. Too much Blue. The Altos with red highlghts look better for me. Maybe someday I'll color the red orange to match :0

Ah snap I need to dust my photo booth :0

I know what you mean about dust, I am constantly cleaning dust when I am shooting or I am editing it out. Nice shot and the panel lining looks great!

Edited by Saburo

While we'll most likely get supers, I really wish we could have Tornado or Armored YF-25's too :0

attachicon.gifWP_20140906_18_17_07_Pro.jpgattachicon.gifWP_20140906_18_16_37_Pro.jpg

Also, hope one day to see the Leon Version. Perhaps it'll be a web exclusive?

attachicon.gifWP_20140906_18_17_36_Pro.jpg

qvvs0PUl.jpg

YhLmiKGl.jpg

I know what you mean about dust, I am constantly cleaning dust when I am shooting or I am editing it out.

one of the reasons I shoot on a white background.

Edited by anime52k8

QFT.

Black backgrounds are a pain to deal with. I only continue using them because I feel it provides better contrast in my photos.

I know what you mean about dust, I am constantly cleaning dust when I am shooting or I am editing it out.

I am too. The lightbox I use seems to produce its own swarm of tiny white dust particles.

Hehe, smart move! I started out shooting with white, but I like the way the black turns out. Maybe I'll change things up a bit and take some shots with white or another color background. :D

QFT.

Black backgrounds are a pain to deal with. I only continue using them because I feel it provides better contrast in my photos.

I am too. The lightbox I use seems to produce its own swarm of tiny white dust particles.

Yes, the lightbox just pulls in dust this is why I always have a can of compressed air and a microfiber cloth near by. :)

Edited by Saburo

Hehe, smart move! I started out shooting with white, but I like the way the black turns out. Maybe I'll change things up a bit and take some shots with white or another color background. :D

Yes, the lightbox just pullls in dust this why I always have a can of compressed air and a microfiber cloth near by. :)

Sometimes I resort to using a vacuum. The inner of the lightbox fabric seems to just constantly release little white particles.

Personally, I don't think any of the add-on parts look good with the Prophecy. At least not with the orange, blue, and white paint scheme.

Sometimes I resort to using a vacuum. The inner of the lightbox fabric seems to just constantly release little white particles.

Try out that background fabric I recommended, it should help keep the dust levels down. For me the dust gets kicked up from when I move about in my apartment while taking shots.

Edited by Saburo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well the problem is I got 3x VF-25A's that I was supposed to use for a 3 mode display naked. What happened was I bought 3x Super parts sets for those so now I am like hmm. Once I got in my 2x YF-25's I started thinking, maybe I can get one more of these and make it my 3x mode naked 25 display instead lol.

Well the problem is I got 3x VF-25A's that I was supposed to use for a 3 mode display naked. What happened was I bought 3x Super parts sets for those so now I am like hmm. Once I got in my 2x YF-25's I started thinking, maybe I can get one more of these and make it my 3x mode naked 25 display instead lol.

Hey, and I think you should go for it. For no other reason then I want to buy one but I can't right now. :D

-b.

Well that did not take long, ordered one LOL.

Yes! I only have (2) YF-25's myself, but I'd just be replacing one that I sold a couple of months back.

Had this been the 25A I would have robbed Peter to pay Paul to place an order.

-b.