Toynami VF1 Valkyrie 10" Plushies

XFJ-01A

Just recieved word from bigbadtoystore that Toynami has discontinued this item, and my preorders were cancelled. Despite the *Censored* name, I was actually hoping to finally Cuddle with a VF-1.

No explanation as to why toynami is not making them, at least as far as I've heard. Was anyone else on the forums planning on getting one before?

Too bad. I was hoping they will release some *interesting stuff from this thread :

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=29325

These little buggers may not be on par with Yamato/Bandais, but at discounted prices, I'd be all over them. but maybe without any new series, the fanbase for an 80's show here is not as huge as in Japan..

They should seriously consider selling the molds to some other Japanese company that can capitalize on these toys with a bigger market in Japan. Banpresto?

Why would people want to buy that thing when they didn't want to buy the Queadluun-Rau which looks about a million times better?

because its their money :p

j/k aside, how much are they charging for these plushies? not a fan (no hard feelings, I only like mechanical things), but was just curious..

Too bad. I was hoping they will release some *interesting stuff from this thread :

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=29325

These little buggers may not be on par with Yamato/Bandais, but at discounted prices, I'd be all over them. but maybe without any new series, the fanbase for an 80's show here is not as huge as in Japan..

They should seriously consider selling the molds to some other Japanese company that can capitalize on these toys with a bigger market in Japan. Banpresto?

Those 1/100 2 seaters only had one seat... I saw the protos. I asked if they were going to change it and they said "No, we're just going to add a letter to the name, like VF-1DB..."

because its their money :p

j/k aside, how much are they charging for these plushies? not a fan (no hard feelings, I only like mechanical things), but was just curious..

They were selling for $23. each for those big ones. I had all three on preorder before they were cancelled.

Man, reading reviews of these toys was rough. So many people expected a $15 1/100 toy to not need any part swapping like landing gears or a heat shield. It almost seemed like Toynami would have been better off just including the display stand and not even making the mechanisms in the legs to have landing gears. Of course, having the joints break, including the display stand connector, didn't help. The poor tolerances with the pegs that held fighter mode together were another big 'oops'. Hindsight being 20/20, if they wanted to do 2 seaters eventually they should have just made the canopies a smoke gray you couldn't really see through (or the prototype blue) and not bothered with a cockpit at all. For $15 I could live without a cockpit that didn't look very good or have a pilot. I think the moral here is that if you're going to go cheap, focus on the toy and make it solid and don't worry about any frills.

Toynami sucks. They've been milking the same Lion Voltron mold for the last 10 years. Now they're going to release it again for the Voltron 30th Anniversary. Instead of doing a Vehicle Voltron to do something new they just rehash the 10 year old Lion one again [oh.. but they added light up eyes so they figure that's worth another $225 to purchase another one] They were supposed to come out with busts of Roy, Rick and Max but they never surfaced so I'm not surprised that the plushies got canned [even though I wanted a Max one. And a Miriya if it ever came out]

So after I wrote on Toynami's facebook page announcing my displeasure at their decision, I recieved a notification from them this morning. The had decided to hold off production of these plushies until Robotech's Anniversary in 2015, so all current preorders were shut down.

I wont hold my breath, but at least they gave me some answer.

So after I wrote on Toynami's facebook page announcing my displeasure at their decision, I recieved a notification from them this morning. The had decided to hold off production of these plushies until Robotech's Anniversary in 2015, so all current preorders were shut down.

LOL... the proverbial rope does it's job again for HG.

What anniversary? The 35th is in 2017.

• 3 weeks later...

They should have notified you and other customers with pre-orders that the line was being pushed back until next year to coincide with Robotech's 30th Anniversary. And then give you guys the option of cancelling your pre-orders.

i bet the vendors didn't get enough preorders for toynami to have a viable business case to actually make em. me? i had 2 on preorder. so while i can snuggle up with my softimus prime (which btw can transform!), i'll have to wait for another time to get a vf-1 that i can do the same to. lol.

• 2 weeks later...