Official Bandai DX Chogokin VB-6 König Monster Thread

Funkenstein

Also, it's apparently a VB-2 and not a VB-6.

Anyone know the difference?

Where do you see the VB-2 designation? Where ever it shows, it's likely a typo. This is clearly the VB-6 featured in Frontier.

I know there's a VAB-2, but that's a different looking variable bomber altogether.

I assume this thing is also 1/100 scale. It looks more poseable than the Yamato one. Having the markings pre-painted is a big plus. If this came out, I'd probably retire my Yamato VB-6 as that thing is a floppy mess that can't even keep the arms up. The only thing I like about the Yamato better is it seems like the cannons and arms are a tad longer. I hope the shuttle mode is vastly improved over the Yamato version as that just looked pretty bad.

Edit: nvm, I see the pic where it shows VB-2. I think it's just a lazy copy and paste from the VF-25 above and they probably just removed the 5 and modified the F into a B but forgot to change the 2.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Amen to that brother I missed out on Yamato's monster so now I gotta get this one.

When is it gonna go on sale? I hope soon. :rolleyes:

Actually it looks kind of crumbly in the above pic. The knee cap is hanging off to the side and the cannons arent locked into the backpiece. =/. Hopefully just some terrible transformation work.

edit: the linked picture in the Robot Spirits thread is much better presented.

Edited by Cent

meh, if that's the final product, easy pass. It looks like a floppy mess in that picture.

edit: the pictures in the other thread are much nicer but they all have a stand propping it up. I'll wait for better posed/transformed pics sans stand before I cheer.

Edited by eugimon

The display event was at Tokyo and then moved to Osaka within a day or two where someone take the new photo. I think it held up reasonably well.

For the record - it was first shown around June 2009 at a Robot Damashii <side VF> product. After a half year long silence we see the near-finish display with both Robot Damashii and DX Chogokin label.

I doubt they will give it an official scale. Most of the Bandai toy line products don't have a scale.

I assume its floppy looking because it is a painted prototype. :unsure:

If those are the typical Robot Damashii toys next to it then it is basically tiny, much smaller than 1/100. That Armored VF-25S should only be about 12cm tall...

Maybe, but when it comes to bandai I have zero faith that the production unit will be any better than the prototypes shown. I remember how people here kept telling me how the DX vf-25 was going to be magically superior to the production shots being shown and surprise surprise, it wasn't. So I'll believe the dx vb-6 isn't a floppy mess when I see proof that it isn't.

Yeah, I wouldn't judge Bandai's current Macross output on the DX VF-25 alone. The DX Quarter is excellent, the Hi-Metal VF-19 is excellent, and even the VF100 VF-25 was a solidly built toy (it's downfall being the maddening amount of parts swapping). I'm not saying there's a magical guarantee that most of the stuff they make will be great, but I also don't see any logical reason to assume the worst.

Yeah, I wouldn't judge Bandai's current Macross output on the DX VF-25 alone. The DX Quarter is excellent, the Hi-Metal VF-19 is excellent, and even the VF100 VF-25 was a solidly built toy (it's downfall being the maddening amount of parts swapping). I'm not saying there's a magical guarantee that most of the stuff they make will be great, but I also don't see any logical reason to assume the worst.

I'm not assuming the worst, I'm just assuming based on what I see. It looks great when propped up and slumpy when it's not, that's all.

I'm with eugimon on this one. I own the Yamato version and I don't see Bandai's being any different. I was expecting to see Bandai tackling the Yamato problems with a slightly different engineering approach like ratcheted joints in the arms, but as it is I don't see how this Köenig Monster would behave different than the Yamato one.

My guess is that Bandai's Monster will be a floppy mess JUST like Yamato's which is sad. Moreover I bet it will even have those nasty gaps at the wingroots that the Yamato Monster has in Bomber mode.

I'm with eugimon on this one. I own the Yamato version and I don't see Bandai's being any different. I was expecting to see Bandai tackling the Yamato problems with a slightly different engineering approach like ratcheted joints in the arms, but as it is I don't see how this Köenig Monster would behave different than the Yamato one.

My guess is that Bandai's Monster will be a floppy mess JUST like Yamato's which is sad. Moreover I bet it will even have those nasty gaps at the wingroots that the Yamato Monster has in Bomber mode.

We haven't seen nor heard any evidence of the joints being ratcheting or not. Keep in mind Bandai does commonly use ratchet joints in their various toy lines whereas Yamato almost never does.

We haven't seen nor heard any evidence of the joints being ratcheting or not. Keep in mind Bandai does commonly use ratchet joints in their various toy lines whereas Yamato almost never does.

Like I said, I'll be happy to put down money once I see evidence that it isn't a floppy mess and so far they've only shown it propped up or splayed flat like a bullfrog

Besides the floppiness, I don't have much complaint about the yamato vb-6.

The sculpt was good, it's just the fact that it can't hold any poses in any mode that pretty much sucks :lol:

Can't wait for this one. That prototype looks like a floppy mess but I would assume that's because it's a prototype.

Maybe, but when it comes to bandai I have zero faith that the production unit will be any better than the prototypes shown. I remember how people here kept telling me how the DX vf-25 was going to be magically superior to the production shots being shown and surprise surprise, it wasn't. So I'll believe the dx vb-6 isn't a floppy mess when I see proof that it isn't.

Saying that the joints on the production version will be tighter is a LITTLE bit different from saying fundamental flaws in the actual design and sculpt will be fixed.

Just saying :mellow:

Edited by anime52k8

Saying that the joints on the production version will be tighter is a LITTLE bit different from saying fundamental flaws in the actual design and sculpt will be fixed.

Just saying :mellow:

not when the fundamental flaw is HOW the joints are designed. Then it's the same thing. <_<

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...