Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

Looks nice and clean otherwise. Was there just a huge build up of release there where it peeled?

Not that I could tell, and I thought I had washed everything down real well before hand.

Well, the only way you get better is by coming up against challenges like this.

I've been there with my Oberth kit. It sucks. Good luck buddy, I feel your pain! Speaking of resin kits, today seemed like a good day for some purple painting of Invids! As you can see, I have abandoned the airbrush acrylic paint for this one and gone with a spray paint recommended by EXO... it works brilliantly well. It's much tougher than acrylic and lays down pretty good for a spray paint not as good as the airbrush but I'll take it for this.

post-11393-0-40716700-1396200781_thumb.jpg

Fixed it! Well, good enough for government, at least.

post-12411-0-27163400-1396247844_thumb.jpg

Also reacquainted myself with an old friend I haven't used in a while. Had trouble with it sticking to canopies a little too well, but it peels right off this kit, and doesn't take my paintjob off like the Tamiya masking tape was.

My lastest super-project is done.

Three fake tank destroyers, one German, one British, one Russian.

Aureole (from Panzer Front game): http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=35120&view=findpost&p=1022959

Sherman Firebug: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=35120&view=findpost&p=1040943

Now the trilogy is complete:

post-659-0-68899800-1396641346_thumb.jpg

post-659-0-63398300-1396641355_thumb.jpg

post-659-0-01001300-1396641367_thumb.jpg

post-659-0-09800300-1396641379_thumb.jpg

post-659-0-44296900-1396641398_thumb.jpg

There are parts I'm not happy with, particularly that the extended ASU-85 hull loses a lot of the low menace that attracted me to this project in the first place...but it was fun.

Edited by Phyrox

Thanks guys.

A "fake tank destroyer" is just an un-turreted armored fighting vehicle that looks plausible, but didn't actually exist.

Just an idea I had for a multi-build project.

It was my first attempt at a whitewash, so I really appreciate the kind words.

There's been lots of work but not so much posting from me. I am going for a blue, beat-to-hell look on this one. The flash on the camera muted these colors a bit (or maybe it's my monitor) but I think you can see where I'm going. For the uninitiated, I am putting this SW190 in the Battletech universe as an aerospace fighter of the Kell Hounds.

I preshaded in dark gray and blue for a mottled effect.

111_3866_zps74131a21.jpg
111_3865_zpsfb175dd6.jpg

111_3863_zps5df8d699.jpg
111_3864_zps780fa29c.jpg

It still needs a little bit of work on the basecoat, with the colors for the exhaust nozzle and cannon barrels being at the top of the list. I also scratchbuilt some drop tanks but they're just primed at this point.

Comments and criticisms welcome.

Kenny

Whenever I need inspiration to continue with my own projects, a visit to the Workbench never fails to deliver.

These are some awesome looking WIPs!

Currently working DMK-02 Bumblebee myself, but haven't made enough progress to post pics yet. Just painted some titanium silver on the rims and forearm kibble, and got rid of the seam lines on the "toes".

I used Testors Model Master Acrylic Clear Red through my airbrush. It took quite a long time and a lot of very thin coats to get the desired results, but I think it will look cool as I'm not smart enough to light them with LED's.

thanks! I got the idea from way back in the day when I would paint the inside of Star Trek models clear warp nacells with red and blue enamel. Kinda gave a lit up look to them. So when I found the clear colors a couple of years ago, I started messing around with them. As you can't paint "inside" the solid eye piece, I figured this was a good alternative.

huzzaaahhh! on 2000 posts DarrinG!

Edited by derex3592

You're going to go thru my posts? You'll end up like Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now! Better to keep working on those model kits! :lol:

And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead.

For those of you who do not follow the thread, here is the newest 1:48 Inbit/Invid project from our own Capt. America ...and yes...it's that awesome....and yes...I've already been busy sanding the pour stubs off the giant canon piece today! The quarter is to give an idea of the size...definitely not small!

post-11393-0-07148100-1399823590_thumb.jpg

Edited by derex3592